UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
b4ahmad said:
When did you apply for your spouse open work permit in Pakistan? How many months have passed? Has she received request for medical exam too?
I applied for my spouse, online in last week of Jan-2016 with upfront medical exam.
Bro, my spouse applied on 12 January with upfront medical.

hassan.arif

Star Member
Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
Thanks FKL.
I just configured out that my my results were not issued that time. Well, i got updated transcript from university and will email CHC.

DreamSRK

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Thanks a lot for your response fkl.

One more clarification please.

I have a skilled Job (Technical Developer/Programmer) comes under NOC 2174.
Hence it will be better to apply once my spouse is in canada. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

fkl said:
You didn't mention what type of work permit and job. You have to have a skilled job for SOWP eligibility.

If you have that, your spouse can apply now as well in the home country OR he can apply from in side Canada as well.

However, the processing time can vary based upon location i.e. it could be faster from inside Canada.

But don't do both - i.e. apply from india and then move to Canada WHILE the application is in process.

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
fkl said:
Translations of docs not in English or French or when applying on paper, you submit a paper photo copy OR actually submitting an affidavit for some thing e.g. as confirmation of a name change. These are some scenarios in which people submit notarized docs.

Generally for an online application with a doc being in English or French, you do not need notarization.
Basically my in laws are writing a letter saying that my spouse will come back to the country after a year stay, for this do I need to get this letter notarized?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
AEE11 said:
Basically my in laws are writing a letter saying that my spouse will come back to the country after a year stay, for this do I need to get this letter notarized?
Not really. You are fine without notarization

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
DreamSRK said:
Thanks a lot for your response fkl.

One more clarification please.

I have a skilled Job (Technical Developer/Programmer) comes under NOC 2174.
Hence it will be better to apply once my spouse is in canada. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.
You are most welcome. Yes, apply after your spouse has come here.

DreamSRK

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Thanks again fkl.

Any idea about processing time for SOWP?

I heard like it will take more than 3 months now a days. Is that true?

fkl said:
You are most welcome. Yes, apply after your spouse has come here.

Mishoo

Jan 5, 2016
Hi FKL. Nice work you are doing here. I need advice please. I entered my Expression of Interest for Manitoba PNP and created an EE Profile. I have not heard any info or LAA from Manitoba from Oct. 2015 till date. I have an opportunity to apply for a course on Sept, 2016. So i had to delete my EE profile but i couldn't delete my MPNP profile ( I would like any suggestion in doing this though).

There is a portion of the Student Form that asks if one has ever applied to migrate to Canada.
Can i say NO since i have deleted my EE Profile and Manitoba hasn't contacted me yet since Sept 2015? I dont want my application to be considered not genuine. Thanks.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
DreamSRK said:
Thanks again fkl.

Any idea about processing time for SOWP?

I heard like it will take more than 3 months now a days. Is that true?
It can be between 1 and 3 months. Its a bit variable for the time being since CIC recently revamped their work permit processing system and applications could be distributed across visa offices for load management. But its hard to predict but basically they did away with showing processing times based upon visa offices strictly.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Mishoo said:
Hi FKL. Nice work you are doing here. I need advice please. I entered my Expression of Interest for Manitoba PNP and created an EE Profile. I have not heard any info or LAA from Manitoba from Oct. 2015 till date. I have an opportunity to apply for a course on Sept, 2016. So i had to delete my EE profile but i couldn't delete my MPNP profile ( I would like any suggestion in doing this though).

There is a portion of the Student Form that asks if one has ever applied to migrate to Canada.
Can i say NO since i have deleted my EE Profile and Manitoba hasn't contacted me yet since Sept 2015? I dont want my application to be considered not genuine. Thanks.
Having made an EE profile but not receiving ITA or submitting application doesn't count as an application, unless you applied, were refused and had to cancel EE profile because of that.

So the answer is no.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
hassan.arif said:
Bro, my spouse applied on 12 January with upfront medical.
That is a good news than as it shows that CIC is working on your application. To my surprise, this is quickest response. Wish you best of luck. Update here if you hear any further news from CIC. thanks

hassan.arif

Star Member
Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
InshAllah!!!! I will update the response. Do pray for approval..........

Jazz67

Feb 16, 2016
Hi...any update on sowp applications in india,i applied in oct.. No update yet.. Please reply anybody in same situation ... Its too much wait

Mishoo

Jan 5, 2016
fkl said:
Having made an EE profile but not receiving ITA or submitting application doesn't count as an application, unless you applied, were refused and had to cancel EE profile because of that.

So the answer is no.
Thanks a great deal @fkl