+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Tintin1984

Star Member
May 25, 2015
What’s the difference between gckey and ecas? GCKey seems to have much more info, and I don’t get the point of ecas!
Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What’s the difference between gckey and ecas? GCKey seems to have much more info, and I don’t get the point of ecas!
Thanks
They update differently and don't always show same info. Two key examples:
-ecas shows decision made, gckey doesn't.
-you can get correspondence through gckey. This may be important at later stages.

Apart from corresopndence I saw no changes in gckey between eg roughly decision made stage until it showed 'complete' - AFTER the visas / copr were issued.

I'm not saying the split makes sense, they smell of having been implemented at different stages and not fully tied in to same information. But as of right now for outsiders they do serve distinct purposes.

Reactions: Tintin1984

Sananitha

Jul 24, 2020
I have submitted a webform today but I haven't received acknowledgement or any response from them is it normal.
Is it how it happens when we submit a webform.
Please guide

drfedora

Oct 23, 2020
I got my SA and AIP on Jan 26 2021. on the tracking site, both sponsor and principal application says decision made. I received this in my "eligibility passed" letter.

1. has anyone else received this?
  2. how long does it take for them to contact you?
  3. whats the next step? CoPR?

Here is a link to an screenshot from the "eligibility passed" letter that I received.
Screenshot from Letter

Thank you all in advance.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello Guys ,

I am applying spousal sponsorship for my wife (outland ) and we have our wedding invitation which has 2 pages one page in English and one page in Hindi so now do i have to get that page translated too .The english part is basically having same info as the Hindi part .
Attach both ,no need for translation s long as it has English equivalent in it, same as AADHAR CARD you don't done need to translate

Reactions: anil918918

Ahmed2010

Jan 30, 2021
If someone could assist me it would be great.

I sent my spousal immigration documentation just a few days ago but I made a mistake on one of the forms for the DOB of my spouse. Now based on the country she lives the IMM5546 form is required, it's the Military Service form. However, she has no past record of military service nor has she ever held a military rank ever. I included the form anyways but the DOB on it is incorrect. Now I am concerned, if my application will be denied or delayed because of that DOB error, or will that form just be disregarded because she does not have any military service background at all and if that form is only to be filled out only for persons with a background.

The form was a country specific requirement but on the checklist it said to include it for PA if they have military service background, even though she doesn't I included and we just wrote N/A in all the categories because she really has nothing to fill out there, she even signed it but I guess we were both just irresponsible on that form and messed up the DOB.

If someone could get back to me, I would really appreciate it cause I'm actually worried about this.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If someone could assist me it would be great.

I sent my spousal immigration documentation just a few days ago but I made a mistake on one of the forms for the DOB of my spouse. Now based on the country she lives the IMM5546 form is required, it's the Military Service form. However, she has no past record of military service nor has she ever held a military rank ever. I included the form anyways but the DOB on it is incorrect. Now I am concerned, if my application will be denied or delayed because of that DOB error, or will that form just be disregarded because she does not have any military service background at all and if that form is only to be filled out only for persons with a background.

The form was a country specific requirement but on the checklist it said to include it for PA if they have military service background, even though she doesn't I included and we just wrote N/A in all the categories because she really has nothing to fill out there, she even signed it but I guess we were both just irresponsible on that form and messed up the DOB.

If someone could get back to me, I would really appreciate it cause I'm actually worried about this.
If that typo was only on that form, I doubt would have an effect. Nonetheless to be sure, you can submit a webform - may as well wait a few weeks - with updated and corrected. Include letter of explanation that you noticed typo and corrected, attached, and she has no military service but you included for completeness.

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Attach both ,no need for translation s long as it has English equivalent in it, same as AADHAR CARD you don't done need to translate
Thank You ..some people mentioned N/A for national identity information so i did the same and am not submitting Aadhar is that ok

Ahmed2010

Jan 30, 2021
If that typo was only on that form, I doubt would have an effect. Nonetheless to be sure, you can submit a webform - may as well wait a few weeks - with updated and corrected. Include letter of explanation that you noticed typo and corrected, attached, and she has no military service but you included for completeness.
Can I submit the webform and the letter of attachment both online instead of resending another document by courier? If yes, can you send me the link cause I've tried finding it and I can't see it anywhere.

Or do I need the UCI number first before I can actually submit the webform, because currently the documents are still in transit and haven't been recieved yet.

Please let me know, and thank you for your kind help.

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Hello Guys ,

I have mentioned my wife's surname and given name <her surname> <her given name> as per the passport in all the forms that we have filled and every where her name is the same .But in the Marriage Certificate its mentioned like "I here by certify that smt <my surname><her given name> maiden name <her surname> <her given name> appeared before marriage registrar "...so now will this be a conflicting scenario ..

Last edited: