Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Fapper said:
Hello Everyone...

Just landed here in Canada earlier this year but i am thinking of getting my GF back home. So, i have a few questions for verification.

here's my scenario:

We have a daughter and i was able to get her a visa unfortunately, the mom was not able to include in the application since we are not common and shes still processing her annulment paper when i applied my provincial nominee. It was only after few months that her annulment was granted and from then i dint update my application/status since i am not fully aware of the commonlaw/relationship process.

Now, my questions are:

1. Can i sponsor her from the time being but no permanent work yet? (still hunting though); Bank funds - i have my funds here and back home. she also have her own. what are my options? any concerns here?

2. can she get a tourist visa instead and will just process her papers here (via inland) any tips?
Can you clarify what you mean by the above? Were you common-law when you landed as a PR? Had you lived together for 12 months at that point? If so, then unfortunately you can never sponsor her.

savio.dcruz

Aug 3, 2013
Hi Leon,

My spouse has received the below;
'' It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements. ''

Please if you can reply to the below queries;

1. Can she apply for OHIP with this letter ?
2. Her OWP and TRV is expiring April 17th 2017, Should we renew both OWP & TRV ?

Thanks for your reply at the earliest.

Regards,
Savio

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
savio.dcruz said:
Hi Leon,

'' It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident

2. Her OWP and TRV is expiring April 17th 2017, Should we renew both OWP & TRV ?

Regards,
Savio
This sounds like AIP letter. I'm not sure for OHIP, but in Quebec, you can apply for public health insurance coverage (RAMQ) with the AIP letter.

Regarding your second question, I will let others to reply. We did not apply for OWP, so I'm not familiar with the procedures.

sidhs

Aug 14, 2014
savio.dcruz said:
Hi Leon,

Regards,
Savio
Hi Savio,

My husband applied for health card based on work permit. We are in Nova Scotia, not sure how it works in Ontario. Did you try applying based on her work permit? When did you guys send the application for PR?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
savio.dcruz said:
Hi Leon,

Regards,
Savio
1. Yes. Bring the AIP letter and whatever other docs they require.
2. Look on the inland thread and see how long it takes from AIP to PR. I'd wait till the end of March to renew those.

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Hello, Can someone help me with some information?

I am 24 years old and have a dependent 7 year old child with me. I am a Canadian Citizen and married a Korean man last year on March 26. We met online and after a couple of months of video chatting we decided to get married since we fell in love with each other. He came to Canada last year on March as a visitor and got married here in Toronto. We got married at a church with all my family and friends and also his family that came from South Korea to attend our wedding day. I began the sponsorship application after and he stayed here while waiting for his work permit which he just recently got like a month ago. It took more than 8 months to get his work permit. Anyways, When I sent my sponsorship application, i included everything pictures, marriage certificate, employment letter and my option C print out. Our records of our join bank account and other information. At that time i was working as a teacher assistant at a school and so my employe wrote me a nice employer letter but after 3 weeks of sending the sponsorship application i lost my job due to illness. I didn't quit my job but it was because i got really sick. I graduated from college on 2015 with a diploma . I was on welfare but that was probably 4 to 5 years ago since than i supported myself and child alone. I am currently still on EI since last year on August 1, 2016. It has been hard to find a job due to my health. I sent a letter with the sponsorship application saying that we lived with my parents at that time because just recently we got our own place to live. My husband got requested to get his medical check which he did, he has no sickness or any illness and is perfectly healthy so we both know his medical results should be okay. The results were sent on Feb 2, 2017 and will call soon to confirm they have received it. Anyways, my concern is when i do my income this year on march my income will appear as $17,000 for the whole year that i made. Basically, my family income would be $17,000 because my husband couldn't work due to not having a work permit. I know the income is extremely low and i am very worry how immigration will see my situation. I did send them my doctor tests results at that time saying i was pregnant but had a miscarriage and just recently i had another miscarriage. I wrote my husband and I story which was at least 25 pages long describing every single date we had been to. The only thing i didn't include was a print out of our conversations when he was in south korea. I am very worry that he will get rejected for PR and the worst part is that we just recently got our own home and we signed a contract. If, he does get rejected i plan to go with him to south korea and take my son which would be a complicated issue since his biological father has custody of him as well. To be honest it would be a nightmare, and how long can you stay in canada after being denied for Permanent Residence ? i am worry about my low income, and short dating history . I have no criminal record and neither does my husband. It is both our first marriage and have no debts with the government. Please anyone can give me an opinion?

Fapper

May 3, 2013
Manila Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27, 2014
Nomination.....
Nov 30, 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 12, 2015
IELTS Request
March 19, 2016
File Transfer...
May 10, 2016
Med's Request
June 02, 2016
Med's Done....
June 16, 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Oct 09, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 13, 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 20, 2017
MilesAway said:
Can you clarify what you mean by the above? Were you common-law when you landed as a PR? Had you lived together for 12 months at that point? If so, then unfortunately you can never sponsor her.
We are not. I was away from her after she got pregnant last 2009 since i am working In Manila and she lives in the province. I just visit our daugther often everytime i go home to the province since i live to my parents house in that area while she is in apartment.

Very poor english. My bad! (Nose bleeding)

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
rosa_landaverde said:
Hello, Can someone help me with some information?

I am 24 years old and have a dependent 7 year old child with me. I am a Canadian Citizen and married a Korean man last year on March 26. We met online and after a couple of months of video chatting we decided to get married since we fell in love with each other. He came to Canada last year on March as a visitor and got married here in Toronto. We got married at a church with all my family and friends and also his family that came from South Korea to attend our wedding day. I began the sponsorship application after and he stayed here while waiting for his work permit which he just recently got like a month ago. It took more than 8 months to get his work permit. Anyways, When I sent my sponsorship application, i included everything pictures, marriage certificate, employment letter and my option C print out. Our records of our join bank account and other information. At that time i was working as a teacher assistant at a school and so my employe wrote me a nice employer letter but after 3 weeks of sending the sponsorship application i lost my job due to illness. I didn't quit my job but it was because i got really sick. I graduated from college on 2015 with a diploma . I was on welfare but that was probably 4 to 5 years ago since than i supported myself and child alone. I am currently still on EI since last year on August 1, 2016. It has been hard to find a job due to my health. I sent a letter with the sponsorship application saying that we lived with my parents at that time because just recently we got our own place to live. My husband got requested to get his medical check which he did, he has no sickness or any illness and is perfectly healthy so we both know his medical results should be okay. The results were sent on Feb 2, 2017 and will call soon to confirm they have received it. Anyways, my concern is when i do my income this year on march my income will appear as $17,000 for the whole year that i made. Basically, my family income would be $17,000 because my husband couldn't work due to not having a work permit. I know the income is extremely low and i am very worry how immigration will see my situation. I did send them my doctor tests results at that time saying i was pregnant but had a miscarriage and just recently i had another miscarriage. I wrote my husband and I story which was at least 25 pages long describing every single date we had been to. The only thing i didn't include was a print out of our conversations when he was in south korea. I am very worry that he will get rejected for PR and the worst part is that we just recently got our own home and we signed a contract. If, he does get rejected i plan to go with him to south korea and take my son which would be a complicated issue since his biological father has custody of him as well. To be honest it would be a nightmare, and how long can you stay in canada after being denied for Permanent Residence ? i am worry about my low income, and short dating history . I have no criminal record and neither does my husband. It is both our first marriage and have no debts with the government. Please anyone can give me an opinion?
I don't think you have so much to worry about. CIC requesting your husband's medical is a good sign. There's no income requirement to sponsor someone outside of not being on welfare at the time of application and not having an undischarged bankruptcy.

humblee

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
bogota
Category........
Visa Office......
bogota colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
17-03-2016
Hi everyone i need help . i been married for 2 years and i want to apply for spouse sponsorship.
I did my income tax as a single since my hubby didnt have any status in canada the person who did my taxes told me not to put him on it. but i am scare this can affect my sponsorship does any of you have any expirience ?

Fizar

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA 22-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Following thread...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
humblee said:
Hi everyone i need help . i been married for 2 years and i want to apply for spouse sponsorship.
I did my income tax as a single since my hubby didnt have any status in canada the person who did my taxes told me not to put him on it. but i am scare this can affect my sponsorship does any of you have any expirience ?
It won't have an effect on the app. It doesn't matter what your husband's status is; you were required to state you are married when you filed. You should amend your tax return.

jbm said:
so once the package gets to Canada who would be delivering the package since SEDEX doesn't exist in Canada?

would we be able to go to the consulate in person? Or rather pick up the Temporary PR Card? or is the only option being them mailing it to us?
You need to contact the courier company in Brazil and ask them who is their partner company in Canada.

No, you can't go in person. The passport must be mailed in. There is no such thing as a "Temporary PR Card"; upon approval, she will be issued a COPR, Confirmation of Permanent Residence.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Hi All,

I was wondering if it is a must to notarize or attest all the photocopies of the documents to be submitted along with the application?

Thanks

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
rockwidme said:
Hi All,

I was wondering if it is a must to notarize or attest all the photocopies of the documents to be submitted along with the application?

Thanks
no, unless something is specified in the country specific guide or the documents are translated from a language not english or french. this is clearly stated in the guide.

Mellyhead123

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
Hi Leon, I was wondering if you could please help me.

I am looking into doing the common-law/conjugal sponsorship if my EE does not go to plan. This is my situation and I would love some advice.

I have been on an IEC visa since May 2015, which expires 31 May 2017. I have been with my boyfriend since May 2016, and living with him since August 2016 and we rent a room in his parents basement and pay her rent which includes bills. We do not share a bank account, we do not share bills such as phone contracts, electricity etc. My bank account has been registered to this address since moving in August, and other things like my phone bill etc were registered a few months later.

If I do not get accepted for EE, the reasons for this will most likely be because my education from the UK isn't high enough to get me the required points.

Can anybody recommend the best/easiest/fastest way for me to apply for this, baring in mind I can only work in the country until 31 May 2017 and I will only have been living with my boyfriend for 9/10 months by the time it expires. I will most probably apply for the visitors visa so I can stay a bit longer, but I cannot afford to be a Visitor for 12-18 months living in the country not making any money.

I would also like to add that I don't particularly want to be away from my boyfriend for more than 3 months, but also don't want to make him come to the UK if it makes it more complicated. We also would like to travel at some point, and reading the above states they don't allow you to leave the country once in the process. I see that once the first stage is processed, If I am an inland applicant, I could potentially get an open work permit so I can get a job. What are the turn around times from the first part of the process, to where you can apply for the work permit? And if I am an outland applicant, how long would it take for this to be approved?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated Smiley

Emily

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Mellyhead123 said:
Hi Leon, I was wondering if you could please help me.

I am looking into doing the common-law/conjugal sponsorship if my EE does not go to plan. This is my situation and I would love some advice.

I have been on an IEC visa since May 2015, which expires 31 May 2017. I have been with my boyfriend since May 2016, and living with him since August 2016 and we rent a room in his parents basement and pay her rent which includes bills. We do not share a bank account, we do not share bills such as phone contracts, electricity etc. My bank account has been registered to this address since moving in August, and other things like my phone bill etc were registered a few months later.

If I do not get accepted for EE, the reasons for this will most likely be because my education from the UK isn't high enough to get me the required points.

Can anybody recommend the best/easiest/fastest way for me to apply for this, baring in mind I can only work in the country until 31 May 2017 and I will only have been living with my boyfriend for 9/10 months by the time it expires. I will most probably apply for the visitors visa so I can stay a bit longer, but I cannot afford to be a Visitor for 12-18 months living in the country not making any money.

I would also like to add that I don't particularly want to be away from my boyfriend for more than 3 months, but also don't want to make him come to the UK if it makes it more complicated. We also would like to travel at some point, and reading the above states they don't allow you to leave the country once in the process. I see that once the first stage is processed, If I am an inland applicant, I could potentially get an open work permit so I can get a job. What are the turn around times from the first part of the process, to where you can apply for the work permit? And if I am an outland applicant, how long would it take for this to be approved?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated Smiley

Emily
hi,
this question was asked and answered here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/commonlaw-conjugal-sponsorship-help-and-info-please-t474452.0.html;msg5774474#msg5774474

please refer to the answers there and stop reposting the same question. posting the same question multiple times is not going to change the answers. the member who answered your question is pretty knowledgable. there is no chance a conjugal application will fly as there are no immgration barriers to you living together or getting married, and you have yet to live with your bf for 365+ consecutive days to be considered commonlaw. right now, you do not qualify for spousal sponsorship. if you want to qualify, you have to get married or wait until you are commonlaw. there is no "best/easy/fast" way to apply for immigration.