+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SL_chica said:
Yes, The police certificate is issued after doing the criminality/security check of the person. This is why it requires to submit a police report from all countries a person has lived in.
I did say, "It is the criminality check for all parties involved in the sponsorship"
No, it is NOT!

A police certificate, for example the FBI IHSR letter for those that need a PCC from The United States, is issued after the person's name, aliases (if applicable) and fingerprints are run through their system by the FBI. The result of that search generates the letter that is sent to the applicant to include with their application.

Again...background and security checks are conducted by CIC...with or without a PCC having been sent by the applicant.

You're confusing a police check with a [true] background and/or security check.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
SL_chica said:
Yes, The police certificate is issued after doing the criminality/security check of the person. This is why it requires to submit a police report from all countries a person has lived in.
I did say, "It is the criminality check for all parties involved in the sponsorship"
Ponga is correct. You are confusing criminality checks with background checks.

SL_chica

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cololmbo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RE-PCC xx-10-2016
AOR Received.
xx-08-2015
File Transfer...
xx-09-2015
Med's Request
RE-MED xx-10-2016
Med's Done....
xx-07-2015 | xx-10-2016
Interview........
xx-10-2016
Passport Req..
xx-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
xx-11-2016
LANDED..........
xx-11-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Ponga is correct. You are confusing criminality checks with background checks.
Here is the information:
"In Canada, individuals may be required to have a criminal record check (also known as Background Check, CPIC, Police Clearance, Criminal Background Check, Police Clearance Certificate, Police Check, and Police Records Check) ..."

Source: http://ciccan.com/services/background-checks/

I know what I said was exactly correct.

DELLHOPE

Nov 3, 2016
Leon said:
So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start. Here are some tips:

Married, common law or conjugal partners

First you need to pick an application class. There are three of them: married, common-law and conjugal. For all of them, you need to prove the genuineity of your relationship. For common-law, you need to prove that you have lived together for 12 months or longer. For conjugal, you need to prove that you have combined your affairs as much as possible but there are real immigration barriers or other barriers preventing you from living together or getting married. Conjugal is the hardest to prove. For example, if your partner could get a visit visa to come to Canada for 6 months and then apply for an extension to get the full year, even though they will not be allowed to work, that is not considered an immigration barrier. An immigration barrier is if your partner tries to get a visit visa to come to Canada and is repeatedly refused. Some people have had luck with the conjugal class but try to avoid it if possible.

Plan to sponsor my boyfriend as conjugal partner
« on: November 03, 2016, 02:50:20 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote Remove messageRemove
Hello!
I am planning to sponsor my boyfriend as conjugal partner. We have been on a continuous relationship for 6 years. He was married (with a son) before but has been legally separated from his ex-wife. And their annulment is ongoing up to this time. I am also legally separated with annulment ongoing in both of our country (same). I am already a permanent resident in Canada. We wanted to live together. That's why I am eager to sponsor him as my conjugal partner. We did not live together like a common-law partner. When I was in our country, he was in the other country as foreign worker. We see each other only during his vacations in between or after his work contract. There was a time when he was not able to find a job abroad and had to stay in our country for more than a year. I was also there that time but we just see each other when we are going on a date, during family activities, or if he visits my house where my daughter lives. He is staying in his auntie's house. We live separately.
Please I need your kind and expert advice if I am eligible to sponsor him as conjugal partner. Great thanks!

Hello!
I am planning to sponsor my boyfriend as conjugal partner. We have been on a continuous relationship for 6 years. He was married (with a son) before but has been legally separated from his ex-wife. And their annulment is ongoing up to this time. I am also legally separated with annulment ongoing in both of our country (Philippines). I am already a permanent resident in Canada. We wanted to live together. That's why I am eager to sponsor him as my conjugal partner. We did not live together like a common-law partner. When I was in our country, he was in the other country (Middle East ) as foreign worker. We see each other only during his vacations in between or after his work contract. There was a time when he was not able to find a job abroad and had to stay in our country for more than a year. I was also there that time but we just see each other when we are going on a date, during family activities, or if he visits my house where my daughter lives. He is staying in his auntie's house. We live separately.
Please I need your kind and expert advice if I am eligible to sponsor him as conjugal partner. Great thanks!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DELLHOPE said:
Hello!
I am planning to sponsor my boyfriend as conjugal partner. We have been on a continuous relationship for 6 years. He was married (with a son) before but has been legally separated from his ex-wife. And their annulment is ongoing up to this time. I am also legally separated with annulment ongoing in both of our country (Philippines). I am already a permanent resident in Canada. We wanted to live together. That's why I am eager to sponsor him as my conjugal partner. We did not live together like a common-law partner. When I was in our country, he was in the other country (Middle East ) as foreign worker. We see each other only during his vacations in between or after his work contract. There was a time when he was not able to find a job abroad and had to stay in our country for more than a year. I was also there that time but we just see each other when we are going on a date, during family activities, or if he visits my house where my daughter lives. He is staying in his auntie's house. We live separately.
You should not apply as a conjugal partner if:

* You could have lived together but chose not to. This shows that you did not have the level of commitment required for a conjugal relationship. (For example, one of you may not have wanted to give up a job or a course of study, or your relationship was not yet at the point where you were ready to live together.)
* You cannot provide evidence there was a reason that kept you from living together.
* You are engaged to be married. In this case, you should either apply as a spouse once the marriage has taken place or apply as a common-law partner if you have lived together continuously for at least 12 months.

This part of your post concerns me:
"There was a time when he was not able to find a job abroad and had to stay in our country for more than a year. I was also there that time but we just see each other when we are going on a date, during family activities, or if he visits my house where my daughter lives."

It looks like it was your (and his) choice not to live together. Even if Common-law is not recognized there, it would have been enough to qualify for Common-Law sponsorship, since CIC doesn't care where the couple lives.

Jameee

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
File Transfer...
16-12-2016
Hello,

My wife resides in US, but her nationality is other country.
Do I still send her application to Mississauga?
She will remain in US, is anything that i should indicate, so that her application gets processed from US and not from home country?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jameee said:
Hello,

My wife resides in US, but her nationality is other country.
Do I still send her application to Mississauga?
She will remain in US, is anything that i should indicate, so that her application gets processed from US and not from home country?
You have no control over which visa office CIC routes the application to...unfortunately. If she's been legally in the U.S. for awhile, she might get lucky and have it sent to Ottawa.

Good luck!

Jameee

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
File Transfer...
16-12-2016
Ponga said:
You have no control over which visa office CIC routes the application to...unfortunately. If she's been legally in the U.S. for awhile, she might get lucky and have it sent to Ottawa.

Good luck!
Thank you s much for clarifying

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
SL_chica said:
Here is the information:
"In Canada, individuals may be required to have a criminal record check (also known as Background Check, CPIC, Police Clearance, Criminal Background Check, Police Clearance Certificate, Police Check, and Police Records Check) ..."

Source: http://ciccan.com/services/background-checks/

I know what I said was exactly correct.
When you are trying to back up your position, I recommend you quote official sources, not random websites.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

When you apply to become a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen, you and your family members must include a police certificate.

CIC will also do background checks anywhere you and your family members have lived. These checks will show if you have had any arrests or convictions, or if you are a security risk to Canada.

Applicants must obtain PCCs. IRCC will conduct the background checks separately through other channels.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Annjo89 said:
Hi,
Shall I send in the police check with my application or wait till cic asking for it?
Send it with the app.

DELLHOPE said:
Has your partner been refused a TRV? If he has, then you have a good case for conjugal. If he hasn't been refused for a TRV, you can't claim there is an immigration barrier.

Ponga said:
It looks like it was your (and his) choice not to live together. Even if Common-law is not recognized there, it would have been enough to qualify for Common-Law sponsorship, since CIC doesn't care where the couple lives.
Adultery is still a criminal offence in the Philippines. As they are both married, they cannot legally live together in their country to become common-law.

duggal2490

Apr 15, 2015
My Timeline

File Submitted 31st August 2016
AOR #1 5th October 2016
Sponsorship Approval 19th October 2016
AOR #2 3rd November 2016

Visa Application Centre : New Delhi

How much usually it takes after AOR #2 to get request for Passport.

Thanks
Ankush

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
duggal2490 said:
Visa Application Centre : New Delhi

How much usually it takes after AOR #2 to get request for Passport.
I suggest you post in the New Delhi thread.

Bazi

Jun 18, 2016
Guys,
Can I send the spousal application without my PR card?
I just landed recently and still waiting for the card to arrive.
Thanks