Aussiegurl33

Oct 20, 2010
WHISTLER, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my spousal common law application to Vegreville.

We received your application for permanent residence on January 6, 2010.

We started processing your application on March 11, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

I received my open work permit today, how long until I get my PR? If anyone knows I would be appreciative of an answer thanks in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is really no way to know when you will get your PR. Sometimes people get it a month after the first stage approval and sometimes a year. Hopefully yours will be one of the faster ones.

jopok

Star Member
Oct 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
Doc's Request.
26-05-2010
Med's Request
16-08-2010
Med's Done....
21-09-2010
Interview........
14-05-2012
Passport Req..
21-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2012
All we need to do is pray...that's all. Goodluck to all of us.

M

maximus391

Hello,

I have few questions. My wife has applied for my sponsorship and the processing of my case started in October 2009, Its been almost 12 months. My wife I have stayed together for almost 6 months from April 2010 till October 2010. I want to ask should we inform the embassy about it? Will it make any negative impact that she is not settled in Canada?
Also i have lost my job recently, should i inform the CHC-Islamabad about it ?

Lastly, My wife is coming to visit me again in November end and we will stay together until the visa is issued. Will it make any negative impact?

P.S: My wife is a Canadian Citizen

Regards,
Maximus391

filipina

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
Passport Req..
04-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
18-02-2011
Leon said:
There is really no way to know when you will get your PR. Sometimes people get it a month after the first stage approval and sometimes a year. Hopefully yours will be one of the faster ones.

hi leon,

i have some question according to your post in page 1

Refusals due to income and medicals

You will be asked to provide information about your income but you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves.

but in my case is these, i just sent my application for my husband my problem is i passed the Certificate of employment on my previous job but i was already resigned because i went back home to my country for 2 months and they told me i can get back to work as soon as i came back. I already have the certificate of employment and compiled before going back home and when i came back i found another job but it took a long wait to request for the certificate of employment so i decided to send my application and im taking the risk. Do you think i might get refuse if they found out that i am no longer in the company? according to your post "you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money" i also attached my Print C and i have income for 12 months until now the only problem is the certificate of employment.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will not deny you to be a sponsor because of lack of income but if you are a PR, you must be residing in Canada to sponsor your husband. If they find out that you are taking long trips back to the old country, they could deny you based on you not being in Canada but it is very unlikely that they would deny you for lack of income. It is possible that if you have absolutely no income that they would ask you what you plan to live on.

jaweda

Star Member
May 14, 2010
hel leon I need your advice. Iam currently sponsoring my wife from afghanistan. Back in end of august 2010 we had to resubmit new medicals, ppc and some forms that my wife sent to islamabad. Now its gonna be almost 2 months and have not heard anything from them what do you think could be the delay and at what stage are we in now that we sudmitted everything. I need to know because my wife keeps telling me that if she doesnt hear anything from them she will go to the embassy herself to find out which i strongly disagreed with her because of safety issues. I keep checking e-cas to see if they received medicals but nothing, please I need your help and so i can make my wife understand and give her some reassurance that we are almost done. And my file has been processing since nov 2009. I also found out from other forums that people who apllied in early 2010 their wives got ppr already so why not mines. I know it varies case by case but we sudmitted everything they asked for so what else could be taking long. thank you

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaweda said:
hel leon I need your advice. Iam currently sponsoring my wife from afghanistan. Back in end of august 2010 we had to resubmit new medicals, ppc and some forms that my wife sent to islamabad. Now its gonna be almost 2 months and have not heard anything from them what do you think could be the delay and at what stage are we in now that we sudmitted everything. I need to know because my wife keeps telling me that if she doesnt hear anything from them she will go to the embassy herself to find out which i strongly disagreed with her because of safety issues. I keep checking e-cas to see if they received medicals but nothing, please I need your help and so i can make my wife understand and give her some reassurance that we are almost done. And my file has been processing since nov 2009. I also found out from other forums that people who apllied in early 2010 their wives got ppr already so why not mines. I know it varies case by case but we sudmitted everything they asked for so what else could be taking long. thank you
It's probably the security checks that are causing the delays. Have you ordered the CAIPS notes?

jaweda

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Hey rejesome thank you for replying back. If what you are saying is true about security checks, then what about the medicals and background checks so they haven't started that yet because I read that after medicals received they do background checks and my wife has nothing on her file that would be a security concern. Also I dont want to order any caips because of the wait and I know that usually it helps but not for me I prefer to just wait but my wife is alittle impatient. So what do you suggest I do and how long before we hear anything from them. thanks

filipina

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
Passport Req..
04-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
18-02-2011
Leon said:
They will not deny you to be a sponsor because of lack of income but if you are a PR, you must be residing in Canada to sponsor your husband. If they find out that you are taking long trips back to the old country, they could deny you based on you not being in Canada but it is very unlikely that they would deny you for lack of income. It is possible that if you have absolutely no income that they would ask you what you plan to live on.
i went back home because we got married then came back here in canada before I passed all the documents my only problem is I passed the certificate of employment in my previous job.

mverma

Oct 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEw delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-10
AOR Received.
16-07-10
File Transfer...
29-07-10
Passport Req..
06-08-10
Hello everyone! seeing that everybody on here is in the same (or similiar) boat as me I figured it may help if i posted.... I am candian myself and have sponsored my wife that lives in India. Once they requested for her passport we rejoiced! however no respone as of yet. can anyone tell me how long it takes ussually and also I am in India as I traveled here thinking that I would take her back with me......can anyone give me some type of info????

Stats:

april 15th 2010: application sent to cpc mississauga
july 6th 2010:sponsorship application approved
july 29th 2010: passport requested to new delhi
august 6th 2010: passport delivered to new delhi
september 2nd 2010: additional documents requested
september 27th 2010: documents delvired directly to new delhi high commision
october 21 2010: emailed new delhi enquring on how long it will take

still waiting for a reply.....

Arli

Oct 22, 2010
Hello!

I would like to hear some recommendations regarding my case. Thank you in advance.

I became a PR on 6/6/2008. However at that time I was working in the US. My work visa expired in November 2009. Then I moved all my belongings to Canada and went to travel, visit my parents. I came back to Toronto on April 15. Then I went back to Russia for a couple of months from June to August. In August I got married. Now I am back in Toronto since the middle of August. I sent the sponsorship package in September and received it back with the list of required documents from sponsor (myself):
bank statements, credit card statements since Jan 1, 2010.
hydro, gas, electric bills, phone bills
copies of all passport pages
copy of the health card
copy of the drivers licence
lease agreement
car, house insurance.

Well, I am also currently unemployed.
What was the main reason why they required all these supporting documents? Is it because they are not sure how am I going to support my wife? Or is it because they don't like that I travel a lot and didn't stay in Canada long enough?
What can be done in my case to make my case more convincing? Will finding a job help? (Because they need all the docs within 90 days and I can find some mediocre job and provide all the necessary paperwork.) Or finding a job doesn't change a lot? (then I can just quickly submit whatever is missing)
Now regarding the bank statements and credit card statements. Why do they need it? To see if we have common accounts with my wife? (which we don't have) Or do they want to see if I have enough funds to support our family? In this case another question arises. I have some accounts in the US. Should I provide them too or it's better not to provide them? (Because they might jeopardize my already shaky residency situation in Canada:)).
Well, I would really appreciate if I can get some guidance from the knowledgeable people.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaweda said:
Hey rejesome thank you for replying back. If what you are saying is true about security checks, then what about the medicals and background checks so they haven't started that yet because I read that after medicals received they do background checks and my wife has nothing on her file that would be a security concern. Also I dont want to order any caips because of the wait and I know that usually it helps but not for me I prefer to just wait but my wife is alittle impatient. So what do you suggest I do and how long before we hear anything from them. thanks
CAIPS takes 1 month to get. Not that long. Your wife might want to read them.

The security checks are also dependent on how quickly the foreign agency gets back to CSIS regarding the request. You wife's country is very unstable right now so that could be cause for the delay. There is absolutely no way of knowing how long it could take as CSIS is not bound to tell anyone that information, not even CIC. Tell you wife that going to the embassy to ask in person will do nothing for her. You might want to check on trackitt.com to see if there are others who have sponsored spouses from that country and look at how long the process took them in the last year or two to be completed. Sorry, wish I could offer more.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mverma said:
Hello everyone! seeing that everybody on here is in the same (or similiar) boat as me I figured it may help if i posted.... I am candian myself and have sponsored my wife that lives in India. Once they requested for her passport we rejoiced! however no respone as of yet. can anyone tell me how long it takes ussually and also I am in India as I traveled here thinking that I would take her back with me......can anyone give me some type of info????

Stats:

april 15th 2010: application sent to cpc mississauga
july 6th 2010:sponsorship application approved
july 29th 2010: passport requested to new delhi
august 6th 2010: passport delivered to new delhi
september 2nd 2010: additional documents requested
september 27th 2010: documents delvired directly to new delhi high commision
october 21 2010: emailed new delhi enquring on how long it will take

still waiting for a reply.....
India requests passports early in the process, before a decision has been made. Average processing times for New Dehli are 3 to 5 months. It should be finished within the next 2 months or so.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arli said:
Hello!

I would like to hear some recommendations regarding my case. Thank you in advance.

I became a PR on 6/6/2008. However at that time I was working in the US. My work visa expired in November 2009. Then I moved all my belongings to Canada and went to travel, visit my parents. I came back to Toronto on April 15. Then I went back to Russia for a couple of months from June to August. In August I got married. Now I am back in Toronto since the middle of August. I sent the sponsorship package in September and received it back with the list of required documents from sponsor (myself):
bank statements, credit card statements since Jan 1, 2010.
hydro, gas, electric bills, phone bills
copies of all passport pages
copy of the health card
copy of the drivers licence
lease agreement
car, house insurance.

Well, I am also currently unemployed.
What was the main reason why they required all these supporting documents? Is it because they are not sure how am I going to support my wife? Or is it because they don't like that I travel a lot and didn't stay in Canada long enough?
What can be done in my case to make my case more convincing? Will finding a job help? (Because they need all the docs within 90 days and I can find some mediocre job and provide all the necessary paperwork.) Or finding a job doesn't change a lot? (then I can just quickly submit whatever is missing)
Now regarding the bank statements and credit card statements. Why do they need it? To see if we have common accounts with my wife? (which we don't have) Or do they want to see if I have enough funds to support our family? In this case another question arises. I have some accounts in the US. Should I provide them too or it's better not to provide them? (Because they might jeopardize my already shaky residency situation in Canada:)).
Well, I would really appreciate if I can get some guidance from the knowledgeable people.
They want to verify that you are actually now residing in Canada. You are a PR and this is a requirement for spousal sponsorship when the sponsor is a PR. You've been globe trotting quite a bit since you became a PR so now you have to prove to them that you have settled in Canada. This part is NOT about proving your relationship is genuine. It's about YOU being eligible to sponsor.

Reactions: malimu