Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
RandyD said:
As I move along a few more questions....

the app will be sent shortly but my family's passports expire in june. do they need to renew before i send?

option c printout and letter of employment. is this enough info for them? maybe include t4?

electronic signature...just wondering about this. print and sign?

thanks for the reply:)
Since they expire so soon, yes they should renew it now before sending it in. A good rule of thumb is, if your passport expires within 6 months, renew it. A lot of countries won't even accept as passport as valid if it has less than 6 months on it.

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Indiapnp said:
I am a PR (permanent residency) in Canada, working for 3 years now after getting my Masters from Ontario (came to do Masters in 2010). Currently planning to get married to a girl in India. Need URGENT advise and I thank you for your time.

Few FYIs about my future spouse... that I think might influence your response:
- She has family in Ontario. Real sisters in PR (whose soon expecting and accompanied my her mom on visitor visa) on PR and real brother on Study Visa in Ontario.
- She just finished her Engineering in India and has less than 1 year if work experience and a new job (approx. one month in by now.
- She is from a middle service class family.

Goals, I wish to achieve and looking for your valuable guidance towards the same:
1. Get married and stay together (as quickly as possible)
2. To enable my future spouse to be able to work in Canada (because any time she is unable to, its the time lost on resume)

Please Advise on best methods to achieve the above Goal 1 and may be Goal 2.

Current Methods I know.

Method A
1. Get Visitor (or may be Study Visa) (very risky as of now give significant family presence in Canada and her age and current career timings)
2. Assuming you get Visitor Visa, get married in India and apply for sponsorship
3.Fly to Toronto and wait for her PR process to compete.

Method B
1. Get married
2. Sponsor her PR
3. Apply for Visitor visa
4. Both of us fly to Toronto and wait for her PR process to compete.

Other Methods ????
1.... Please advise!

Question

Please Suggest the best Method to adopt or advise a new method to achieve Goal 1 and may be Goal 2 (bonus)?

Is visitor visa a risky option than a Study Permit?
When is more risky to apply for VISA before or after sponsoring her PR?

Which Method is more risky than the other? Are there any ways to manage reduce the risk in each method or work around the risks?

Is she more likely to get Visa before getting married (understanding that her family is here in Canada) or after i.e. after getting married and havering applied under family sponsorship?

Thank you for your time; I appreciate the guidance.

Indiapnp
Hi Friends will appreciate your inputs/thoughts?

merohadad

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Hello All

My name is Mero from Egypt , I am married since 1 year with a canadian citizen. she was a born in Quebec in 1991 , and left all canada while she was 8 years old .
As she is canadian by birth , she is trying to sponsor me and our 2 months baby , I have some questions and please help me because I stayed times looking for somone with the same sitiuation . by the way we are planning to reside in quebec .
1- As our baby will get soon the canadian nationality , should we include him in the IMM ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION ? OR in IMM 0008 GENERIC APPLICATION FOR CANADA ? or in the Application for selection certificate A-0520 of Quebec?

2- should she fill in the form of FINANCIAL CAPACITY EVALUATION for Quebec? (she didnot even visit canada since (1996)

3- In the IMM 5540 , they ask about (proof of your intention to reestablish in canada ) , if we get a letter from her canadian uncle living in quebec , that he will help us till we can get jobs is that enough ?

4- during filling the undertaking IMM 1344 , as she is unemployed , my question is if we are going to deposit money or save money in bank account is that enough to cover these basic need mentioned ? if so ,
- should we deposit the money in my or in her bank account and
- how much is minimum required for me , her and our 2 months baby ?

Thanks , Please really I need a help

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Indiapnp said:
Hi Friends will appreciate your inputs/thoughts?
Method B seems a bit suitable...

I am afraid she may not obtain Visit visa once she is married to u and you have filed application...
I would say , Get married and get the docs ready and apply ASAP...
Then wait for 10-12 months, hopefully you will get positive decision soon..
meanwhile you can visit her frequenlty if possible....

Getting Study visa is a good option , but all depends...

stavan2003

Jan 31, 2015
MilesAway said:
As a PR, she must be in Canada to sponsor you, so unfortunately your plan is not possible. If she indicates that she is in India and working there, the application will be refused.
PR sponsors are allowed temporary visits, but 5-6 months is not temporary.
Thanks a lot for your response. Really appreciate it. Just one last thing, in case my wife doesn't work but we stay together outside canada and apply for spousal visa, is there any boundary on the maximum duration my wife can stay back before going to Canada ?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
merohadad said:
Hello All

My name is Mero from Egypt , I am married since 1 year with a canadian citizen. she was a born in Quebec in 1991 , and left all canada while she was 8 years old .
As she is canadian by birth , she is trying to sponsor me and our 2 months baby , I have some questions and please help me because I stayed times looking for somone with the same sitiuation . by the way we are planning to reside in quebec .
1- As our baby will get soon the canadian nationality , should we include him in the IMM ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION ? OR in IMM 0008 GENERIC APPLICATION FOR CANADA ? or in the Application for selection certificate A-0520 of Quebec?

2- should she fill in the form of FINANCIAL CAPACITY EVALUATION for Quebec? (she didnot even visit canada since (1996)

3- In the IMM 5540 , they ask about (proof of your intention to reestablish in canada ) , if we get a letter from her canadian uncle living in quebec , that he will help us till we can get jobs is that enough ?

4- during filling the undertaking IMM 1344 , as she is unemployed , my question is if we are going to deposit money or save money in bank account is that enough to cover these basic need mentioned ? if so ,
- should we deposit the money in my or in her bank account and
- how much is minimum required for me , her and our 2 months baby ?

Thanks , Please really I need a help
1. The baby MUST be included on the Additional Family Information page. Since the baby is Canadian, he/she will not be included on the generic application page as they don't require sponsoring.

2. If you are moving to Quebec, you need to apply for a CSQ and have Quebec approve you on top of Canada so im not sure if this is necessary for quebec as i don't live there.

3. Since your spouse hasn't lived in Canada for so long she needs to show more proof than a letter from her uncle. Show housing searches for where u want to live. Show jobs shes applied to to work.

4. You dont need to put miney in the bank account but she needs to prove how she will support u. Thid is where u can include a letter from her uncle. Also savings or other family members who are willing to help can write a letter. Jobs applied to. Education to help you and her get decebt paying jobs etc.

reyley

Nov 2, 2014
Hi guys!

We're from Israel and trying to apply outland.
We're still in the document collection and translation stages of our application and I have a few questions.

I am Canadian/Israeli and my husband is American/Israeli

We have been planning on moving to Canada early next winter but are confused about how to go about the move and the PR application.
The major problem is, if we choose a definitive date to move than it might be before the PR has been approved which means we will need a visa for him and he might not be able to work.

But we need to show proof that we are planning on moving in order to get the PR so we can't just stay here and wait until it's approved because we don't know when that will be and need to plan the move in order to have proof.

Also my husband is finishing his job in the army in 8 months which is why we chose to move around then. If we need to stay longer he will have to find a job here (Israel) and everything will be delayed.

We have already started some processes, We are in the process of getting our degrees evaluated for the Canadian job market and plan on looking for jobs as fast as we can. But I highly doubt anyone would employ people who do not even have an estimate for arrival.

1. What would you provide as proof that you were planning on moving to Canada?
What we have already:
* Transfering large somes of money into Canadian dollars
* Getting our degrees evaluated for the canadian market
* letter detailing our moving plan
do you guys have any other ideas?

2. Should we wait to be approved before moving to Canada or move before things are approved and hope for the best.

Bonus question:
3. What/who did you use to translate your documents?
We are both fluent in English and Hebrew so we have been translating ourselves and getting it approved by a notary public. Do you think this will be good enough?

Thank you so much for your time and help
Rachel

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RandyD said:
my son is half Canadian.......does it change things in the app?
Only if he's `half Canadian' from the waist up. If he's half Canadian from the bum down...it won't make a difference. ;D

Seriously...how can he be half Canadian?! Do you mean to say that only one of his parents are Canadian, or...maybe he was born while his mother was standing on the border and when he was delivered, only half of him was in Canada?!

It sounds like he's already a real Canadian citizen...all of him. ;)

RandyD

Jan 6, 2015
Ponga said:
Only if he's `half Canadian' from the waist up. If he's half Canadian from the bum down...it won't make a difference. ;D

Seriously...how can he be half Canadian?! Do you mean to say that only one of his parents are Canadian, or...maybe he was born while his mother was standing on the border and when he was delivered, only half of him was in Canada?!

It sounds like he's already a real Canadian citizen...all of him. ;)

ok he's still in the Philippines. exclude him on generic app...include him on additional dependents?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
stavan2003 said:
Thanks a lot for your response. Really appreciate it. Just one last thing, in case my wife doesn't work but we stay together outside canada and apply for spousal visa, is there any boundary on the maximum duration my wife can stay back before going to Canada ?
Again, she cannot apply to sponsor you from outside Canada. During the PR process, it is advised that she not visit for more than a few weeks and no more than a few times a year, as anything more than that could be seen as residing outside of Canada and result in refusal of the app.

reyley said:
We have been planning on moving to Canada early next winter but are confused about how to go about the move and the PR application.
The major problem is, if we choose a definitive date to move than it might be before the PR has been approved which means we will need a visa for him and he might not be able to work.
Your husband doesn't require a visa to enter Canada. If the PR app hasn't been processed by the time you plan to move, he can come to Canada as a visitor. He will not be able to work during this time.

RandyD said:
ok he's still in the Philippines. exclude him on generic app...include him on additional dependents?
For the purposes of this application, your Canadian child is NOT a dependent. He is listed only on IMM5481 and IMM5406.

robinsingh23

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-3-2015
AOR Received.
24-4-2015
File Transfer...
23 May 2015
i applied for my wife and im permanent resident of canada. can i go visit her while visa is in processing

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
robinsingh23 said:
i applied for my wife and im permanent resident of canada. can i go visit her while visa is in processing
Yes, you can.

WackS

Jul 18, 2014
Hi! I would like to ask sonething about spousal sponsorship. I came here last Sept. 2013 as PR, my girlfriend arrived last Nov. 2014 through LCP, unfortunately was released from work. From then on and up to present, we are still having a hard time finding a new employer. We got married last Jan. and is considering on filing spousal sponsorship. I would like to know if it is safe for her (working/LCP) status to file sponsorship, or do we really have to find for an employer to sponsor her since her status is working under LCP?
I do hope somebody could enlighten me on what to do! Thanks in advance!!!

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Hey guys!
I'm sending my app tomorrow.
Just came to say thanks to everyone who helped me claryfing things.
Good luck for us! :D

Ps.: I'm really scared lol