n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2015
MilesAway said:
The fees are 1040$. You pay the sponsorship fee, principal applicant fee, and right of permanent residence. The spouse part would only apply if you were both being sponsored (say as parents or grandparents).
Perfect thank you!

SAMANTALA

Dec 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello forum mates :)

I just want to ask in SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND/DECLARATION FORM IMM 5669
#6 Have you ever been refused TRV or temporary resident visa? I was refused before March 2012, do I need to attach a copy of refusal TRV or the explanation is enough? :-[

David2736

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
n/a
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2015
SAMANTALA said:
Hello forum mates :)

I just want to ask in SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND/DECLARATION FORM IMM 5669
#6 Have you ever been refused TRV or temporary resident visa? I was refused before March 2012, do I need to attach a copy of refusal TRV or the explanation is enough? :-[
The more is better. Do you have that info close by or will it be difficult to locate? I would say both official documents AND your own explanation as to why and what you've done to change that.

macelle1023

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
PER: 26- 01-2015
Hi,

I could use some advice. This is my first time and I hope I am doing it right.
Anyone please help clarify. I am applying for FSW with my relationship status as Single. However, I received advice that it will be much difficult to apply for spousal sponsorship when I marry after I get my visa. So my boyfriend and I plan to marry next year. I have submitted my application on October 23 and I am wondering if it is possible to change my relationship status before I receive my visa next year ( I am being positive I am assuming PER next year)? Will I be asked of any changes on my status prior granting of visa? and what happens next if I submit additional/change in my relationship status? How much time do I wait before I receive a visa with my new status? Grin

Many thanks and more power to you.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
macelle1023 said:
Hi,

I could use some advice. This is my first time and I hope I am doing it right.
Anyone please help clarify. I am applying for FSW with my relationship status as Single. However, I received advice that it will be much difficult to apply for spousal sponsorship when I marry after I get my visa. So my boyfriend and I plan to marry next year. I have submitted my application on October 23 and I am wondering if it is possible to change my relationship status before I receive my visa next year ( I am being positive I am assuming PER next year)? Will I be asked of any changes on my status prior granting of visa? and what happens next if I submit additional/change in my relationship status? How much time do I wait before I receive a visa with my new status? Grin

Many thanks and more power to you.
You should really post your question to the FSW section of the forum. This section is for Canadians and PR who are sponsoring their spouses, which is a totally different process.
If your status changes, you MUST inform CIC, regardless of whether they ask you. Failure to disclose a change in status could result in your PR being revoked due to misrepresentation and your spouse being forever barred from being sponsored. If you become common-law (live together for 12 months) or married, you must inform CIC immediately.

SAMANTALA

Dec 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
David2736 said:
The more is better. Do you have that info close by or will it be difficult to locate? I would say both official documents AND your own explanation as to why and what you've done to change that.
Thanks.. I only wrote an explanation. :)

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
MilesAway said:
You should really post your question to the FSW section of the forum. This section is for Canadians and PR who are sponsoring their spouses, which is a totally different process.
If your status changes, you MUST inform CIC, regardless of whether they ask you. Failure to disclose a change in status could result in your PR being revoked due to misrepresentation and your spouse being forever barred from being sponsored. If you become common-law (live together for 12 months) or married, you must inform CIC immediately.
That advice is very good. Check very carefully for common-law marriage (12 months together and Canada will consider you already married). If that happens (or has already happened), or you get officially married, you MUST inform CIC BEFORE you get your visa. Don't mess around with this one or you'll wind up with a spouse who can't EVER be sponsored by you. It's a strict rule and its application is cruel, so be very very careful. In your shoes, I'd do a quick official marriage (you can do a fancy ceremony later) so you can include your spouse on your application. That way you won't wind up delaying your application because you waited to add your spouse until only after the marriage, and you won't wind up with a spouse who can't join you in Canada. Good luck!

andre88

Nov 10, 2014
Hello,

I was wondering if someone here could help me out with some questions i have.

I´m from Peru and i have been in Canada for the last 5 years with a study and work permit. I have been with my gf now fiance for 4 years and now we are planing to get married in Ottawa soon. The next step after getting married is getting a permanent resident card. Will i have to start a process for that?? how long will that take??

Thank you

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
andre88 said:
Hello,

I´m from Peru and i have been in Canada for the last 5 years with a study and work permit. I have been with my gf now fiance for 4 years and now we are planing to get married in Ottawa soon. The next step after getting married is getting a permanent resident card. Will i have to start a process for that?? how long will that take??

Thank you
If you've been living with your girlfriend for 12 months or more, you are considered common law married, so you could apply right away (though if you are getting married in a month, it's a little bit less work to document a marriage). You can look on CIC's website for processing times for inland applications (people living in Canada). http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp It's a long application process...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andre88 said:
Hello,

Thank you
Further to IvanP's reply, you also have the option to file an Outland application from inside Canada. See which offers the faster processing time.

Good luck!

Souricette

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2015
AOR Received.
31-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2015
LANDED..........
26-12-2015
Ponga said:
Further to IvanP's reply, you also have the option to file an Outland application from inside Canada. See which offers the faster processing time.

Good luck!
Has you are from Peru, I think you should apply Outland. Processing times in Lima are short (5-6 months). I'm not so familiar with the process, but I think you can stay in Canada the whole time has long has you can maintain a status.

Good luck

Jill24

Nov 10, 2014
Thanks for posting this - sort of answered some questions I have. I'm a Canadian citizen and just repatriated after living/working in the Bahamas for the past seven years (family situation required I come back permanently - my mom has cancer). My common-law husband (British, also living/working in the Bahamas) will be coming to Canada next month with the intent to reside with me permanently. I know that I can apply to sponsor him as a family member, but just nervous about him gaining entry into Canada. How long should he tell the Immigration Officers he's staying? How long can he stay in Canada on a UK passport? What else would he need to do to extend his stay here while we're going through the family sponsorship application process? Just worried he'll arrive in Toronto and he'll get booted out. I really need him here with me for this family situation.
Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated (and one more load off my mind). Thanks!

kris222

Nov 9, 2014
Hi.

I have a question about checking the application status online. I got my AOR in the beginning of October, stating that they received my application in the beginning of September.

Should there be any entry in the system already about it? And also if I log in to the system, should I choose sponsorship or permanent residence within Canada category?

Thank you in advance.

mrs.wilson

Nov 10, 2014
Hi Leon, thank you for this post, it shed a little light of hope for me and my hubby. I hope this post is still applicable with our case right now.

Here is our case:

1. I am a TFW here in Alberta since 2009. I have applied for the AINP - EDS this year and the AINP office received it in Feb 5, 2014. Until now we haven't received any news and I think it will take more time for us to get approved. My FSS work permit will expire in January 2015 and the 4-year rule will start in April 2015.

2. My husband and I met May 2014. We started living together in August 2014 and finally decided to get married in November 2014. He wants us to apply under the Family Sponsorship - Inland. He is the best thing that happened to me and we think it will be a heartbreak if I will be sent back to my home country while we are processing the sponsorship.

3. My temporary resident visa is already required.

4. My questions are these:
- Should we apply for an open work permit or extension so I can continue working and stay here in Alberta while waiting for the sponsorship result?
- Do I need a temoporary resident visa and when should I apply should I need one? together with the PR application or after?

TIA and hope to hear from you.