Spousal sponsorship

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
w1104 said:
Thank you.

If I understand correctly, it'll be acceptable to put in "OWP" in the employer/proposed contract employment sections? I just don't want to get denied for any typo/misconception that may occur...I know there's one section where it asks how long the proposed employment will be. it really doesn't apply in this situation, so I don't know how to handle it? it'd be a little much to have her out looking for a job offer for 14 months in the future. I'm really trying to get my head around how to fill this thing out properly/honestly. I dont want to leave an opportunity for anyone to misconstrue anything...

Another thing, as far as the presentation of the application package, would it be acceptable to send in the whole package in a binder neatly labeled with dividers etc?

the last thing, (i think) on the checklists. Call me crazy but I worry about screwing the check list up to. A lot of the stuff doesn't apply to us, we've never been divorced or have children so a lot of the items on the check list don't apply. but. I don't want to leave anything un-checked because I read they'll return it if anything is missing. :/ so... the checklist is stressing me out. HA...
any words to help me see this in a diffrferent light is welcomed.
Thanks.
Just write N/A across the line (or over the box) on the checklist, so that CIC knows that you didn't just skip the item.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
w1104 said:
If I understand correctly, it'll be acceptable to put in "OWP" in the employer/proposed contract employment sections? I just don't want to get denied for any typo/misconception that may occur...I know there's one section where it asks how long the proposed employment will be. it really doesn't apply in this situation, so I don't know how to handle it? it'd be a little much to have her out looking for a job offer for 14 months in the future. I'm really trying to get my head around how to fill this thing out properly/honestly. I dont want to leave an opportunity for anyone to misconstrue anything...
IMM5710 is a generic form, used for several types of work permit applications. CIC will understand that she is applying for an OWP and therefore many of the fields don't apply. For the period of time of employment, just put down a year. It really doesn't matter.

w1104 said:
Another thing, as far as the presentation of the application package, would it be acceptable to send in the whole package in a binder neatly labeled with dividers etc?
No. You aren't even supposed to staple pages together.

chynna273

Nov 7, 2014
I am a US citizen 26 weeks pregnant and the father is a Canadian citizen.. We have been together for about two years and we will be getting married (January 3, 2015) a month before the babies due date (February 14, 2015). I have a few questions:

1) does being married and having the baby speed up the spousal sponsorship application process at all?

2) would the marriage be validated faster if performed in Canada compared to the states? We are considered if we get married in the states it would slow down the validation of the marriage certificate compared to being down right in Canada.

3) Without a visitor visa or temporary residence visa, how long would I be allowed to stay in Canada with him until our application is approved? Since we will be having our very first child, we want to be together as much as possible throughout the whole process.

w1104

Oct 25, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
IMM5710 is a generic form, used for several types of work permit applications. CIC will understand that she is applying for an OWP and therefore many of the fields don't apply. For the period of time of employment, just put down a year. It really doesn't matter.

No. You aren't even supposed to staple pages together.
dont put them into a binder? just all into one envelope loose, in order as seen in the check list I imagine...i figured having it organized and in some sort of binder would be better. *shrug*

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
chynna273 said:
1) does being married and having the baby speed up the spousal sponsorship application process at all?

2) would the marriage be validated faster if performed in Canada compared to the states? We are considered if we get married in the states it would slow down the validation of the marriage certificate compared to being down right in Canada.

3) Without a visitor visa or temporary residence visa, how long would I be allowed to stay in Canada with him until our application is approved? Since we will be having our very first child, we want to be together as much as possible throughout the whole process.
1. No.

2. No.

3. You can enter as a visitor for 6 months and then extend your stay while your PR app processes.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
w1104 said:
dont put them into a binder? just all into one envelope loose, in order as seen in the check list I imagine...i figured having it organized and in some sort of binder would be better. *shrug*
Yes, loose in the order of the checklist. The person who opens your app will rearrange it all how they want anyways.

chynna273

Nov 7, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
1. No.

2. No.

3. You can enter as a visitor for 6 months and then extend your stay while your PR app processes.
So with just having a passport and no type of visa I am able to stay for 6 months?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
chynna273 said:
I am a US citizen 26 weeks pregnant and the father is a Canadian citizen.. We have been together for about two years and we will be getting married (January 3, 2015) a month before the babies due date (February 14, 2015). I have a few questions:

No. What speeds up the process is to have a complete and properly completed application. CPC-O has been completing simple US applications in ~6 months as long as the application is well-prepared.

chynna273 said:
No.

If you have been living together continuously for at least one year, you can apply now based upon common-law status, you don't need to be married.

chynna273 said:
Unless you have some specific issues (like criminality) you would normally be permitted to wait in Canada for your PR as a visitor (US citizens are visa exempt). You would need to request an extension of your status (as visitor) prior to expiration of your current status, but I wouldn't expect that to be an issue in a case like yours. When you enter Canada, it's best to show that you have a pending PR application - either the sponsor approval letter (preferred) or the PR fee paid receipt.

w1104

Oct 25, 2014
thank you for the advice, everyone.
I think I have a better idea of whats expected from me now. still a little nervous because this is something we really want to get right the first time through.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
chynna273 said:

Congratulations - it must be both an exciting and a stressful time for you!

Have you decided (assuming nature doesn't make the decision for you) in which country you want to have the baby? Having the child in Canada might be easier from a documentation standpoint if that's an option for you. The child will have a Canadian birth certificate and, with that, won't need to apply for a citizenship certificate and the child will be immediately eligible for provincial health insurance plus all of the cool child subsidies that Canada gives. http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/lifeevents/baby.shtml The big question for you will be whether you will have health insurance that will cover the delivery.

khurram19801

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
dear Members, i have some members witch is on whats app group for spouse case shear Experence help to each other for reunited spouse and shear honest experience easy to communicate to each other please come at
+92 304-8816606, pakistani

Nov 8, 2014
Great info! Thanks!
Can anyone give me some information about the required documentation to get started? I'm canadian, living in Dubai, my wife and step son are Egyptian. We have been together for 4 years. I have 2 properties in canada and lots of evidence that I intend on returning.
What I want to know is what is the first thing...the first documents I actually need to do to get the process stared. I have the option C forms and all the Id, the certificates, photos and proof of relationship. I believe I need to get approved as a sponser...is this correct?
Can anyone list out clearly what I need to do!
My wife is living here with me in dubai and has never been to canada yet,
Thank you in advance!
Cheers
Charles

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Charlesbatstone said:
Great info! Thanks!
Can anyone give me some information about the required documentation to get started? I'm canadian, living in Dubai, my wife and step son are Egyptian. We have been together for 4 years. I have 2 properties in canada and lots of evidence that I intend on returning.
What I want to know is what is the first thing...the first documents I actually need to do to get the process stared. I have the option C forms and all the Id, the certificates, photos and proof of relationship. I believe I need to get approved as a sponser...is this correct?
Can anyone list out clearly what I need to do!
My wife is living here with me in dubai and has never been to canada yet,
Thank you in advance!
No - you don't get approved as a sponsor first. You have to submit both the sponsor part of the application package and the applicant part of the application together at the same time. Follow the instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

David2736

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
n/a
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2015
I am about to pay my fees and then put our entire package to a courier so we are now panicking as we are stuck on this one tiny detail before we can put everything to rest!

We cannot figure how much fees to pay.

There is 2 of us involved. Canadian woman and UK Man. We are married and the woman is sponsoring the man.

The sponsor is not sponsoring me and anybody else - JUST ME.

The fees should be:
Sponsorship application (per application) $75
Principal applicant $475
Principal applicant, if under 19 years of age and not a spouse or common-law partner (including a dependent child of the sponsor, a child to be adopted and an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild) $75
Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner of the principal applicant or, where a transitional provision applies, a family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older $550
A family member of the principal applicant who is under 19 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner, or is 19 years of age or older who has been unable to be financially self-supporting since before the age of 19, due to a physical or mental condition $150
Where a transitional provision applies, a family member of the principal applicant who:
is under 22 years of age, unmarried and not in a common-law relationship, or
is 22 years of age or older and has been unable to be financially self-supporting since before the age of 22, due to a physical or mental condition

I should pay $1040 ?

I am confused because my spouse is sponsoring me (she's canadian) so we aren't paying for her to have a PR, too. It's confused me, otherwise it'll be $1590!!

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
David2736 said:
I am about to pay my fees and then put our entire package to a courier so we are now panicking as we are stuck on this one tiny detail before we can put everything to rest!

We cannot figure how much fees to pay.

There is 2 of us involved. Canadian woman and UK Man. We are married and the woman is sponsoring the man.

The sponsor is not sponsoring me and anybody else - JUST ME.

The fees should be:
Sponsorship application (per application) $75
Principal applicant $475
Principal applicant, if under 19 years of age and not a spouse or common-law partner (including a dependent child of the sponsor, a child to be adopted and an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild) $75
Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner of the principal applicant or, where a transitional provision applies, a family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older $550
A family member of the principal applicant who is under 19 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner, or is 19 years of age or older who has been unable to be financially self-supporting since before the age of 19, due to a physical or mental condition $150
Where a transitional provision applies, a family member of the principal applicant who:
is under 22 years of age, unmarried and not in a common-law relationship, or
is 22 years of age or older and has been unable to be financially self-supporting since before the age of 22, due to a physical or mental condition

I should pay $1040 ?

I am confused because my spouse is sponsoring me (she's canadian) so we aren't paying for her to have a PR, too. It's confused me, otherwise it'll be $1590!!
The fees are 1040$. You pay the sponsorship fee, principal applicant fee, and right of permanent residence. The spouse part would only apply if you were both being sponsored (say as parents or grandparents).