09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Gaby__ said:
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum and im hoping i'm writing in the correct forum. I'm a Canadian Citizen and i have just started the spousal sponsorship application in Nov 2012. I sponsored my husband that lives in Ecuador. At the current moment the status is "in queue for an interview" and I'm so worried about the interview since i have no idea what they are going to ask my husband about? Does anyone know or have gone through this process already? And will my husband have to be bring his passport to the interview or not?

i know its lots of questions but would really appreciate with some answers. As well if anyone can help me access the Bogota Canadian embassy website in order to check the status of the application since at the moment i have to write an Enquiry in order to receive a response from the embassy ( If anyone knows what im talking about)

Thank you
-Gaby
I've heard that interviews are often a bad sign. If you live in Canada and he lives in Ecuador CIC may have reasons to believe that the marriage/relationship is not legit (often the main reason for an interview) - even more so if you two have never lived together. He will be asked all kinds of key questions about your relationship and each other's families, friends, circumstances, etc.

You can check the status of applications at any visa office here https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

searoots

Jan 17, 2013
Wow! I can't thank you all enough for your responses!!! So much support!!

So, just so I am clear, cempjwl, you propose I move home to Canada with my husband while pregnant and then apply for his permanent residency once we are there? I have a very small business and would not be able to support us both. He is certainly the "breadwinner" if you will. His job would allow him to work from home in Canada, however, it is a US based company. So I wonder if that would pose any risks? And would he not be able to return home to visit for a period of time?

Thank you again everyone for your help! I am so confused and just would like to make this as simple as possible.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
searoots said:
Wow! I can't thank you all enough for your responses!!! So much support!!

So, just so I am clear, cempjwl, you propose I move home to Canada with my husband while pregnant and then apply for his permanent residency once we are there? I have a very small business and would not be able to support us both. He is certainly the "breadwinner" if you will. His job would allow him to work from home in Canada, however, it is a US based company. So I wonder if that would pose any risks? And would he not be able to return home to visit for a period of time?

Thank you again everyone for your help! I am so confused and just would like to make this as simple as possible.
I would not go as far as saying that I am proposing you to do that. It is just an option when viable as many other find a way to apply inland. If you decided to do it inland, it would not be advisable that he leaves Canada after the applicaiton is filed and while he is there he needs to maintain his status by requesting visitor's extensions. I've read that some people have been granted 1 yr extensions (I am sure with proper financial support).

Applying outland, in your financial/business situation, may work best after all, but remember that you have explain CIC what is your plan to resettle in Canada.

Ragga

Jan 11, 2013
Hello everyone,
I have a quick question. my e-case shows that cic received my medical results. my question is would they still require an interview?
TIA

cabo4shawn

Jan 17, 2013
Hi, I am a Canadian citizen, my children are Canadian citizens but my wife is Mexican here in Canada on a Visa. We need to get her, her permanent residency, how easy is it to get that done and what is required of me to get it done? It says on the sponsorship application something about a co signer???

Any help would be grateful.

Thank you

Gaby__

Jan 17, 2013
hello,
you do not need a co-signer since you are sponsoring your wife. That is what i did. I left that line of the co-signer blank. If that helps

reznik

Aug 30, 2012
cempjwi said:
Immigration agents at the point of entry exercise discretion with their line of questioning. She may be asked who she is visiting, how long she plans to stay, to show return or onward travel information, etc, or she may be asked nothing at all (mostly if she has been in Canada before, but not too often). The key is NOT to lie but voluntiering information is not always required unless asked. I would always give the minimum required amount of information without seeming to be hiding something. If you lodge your application before she travels to Canada, CIC will most likely have that on record as they will probably use the same UCI for her (that is, her UCI from her TRV application wil be used for her PR application) so they will know she has a pending application. That may always cause issues. I am not trying to be a party pooper but i have never seen an immigration officer too eager to let people in and they will definitely ruffle their feathers at the sight of someone suspicious enough to make them think some foreign will try to violate their immigration laws. Worse that can happen is that she is turned back. I am usure of the consequences of being turned away at the border in relation to her application.
speaking of UCI... since she already has a visitor visa and she has been here before, does that mean that she already has a UCI number? for application purposes i mean?! we 've left it blank because we haven't found it anywhere...
also if she goes prepared with the application and all the documents and the receipt and the return ticket and everything that we've submitted, would there be any reason for them to deny her entry?!

ahh man... all this stuff is giving me a headache! ??? :eek: :'(

Gaby__

Jan 17, 2013
yucks thats not good :(
Hoping everything goes good, but i tried that website and i doesn't show up anything.

I put the application number since i don't know if i have a UCI number and nothing comes after that :(

can anyone help

Ragga

Jan 11, 2013
Gaby__ said:
yucks thats not good :(
Hoping everything goes good, but i tried that website and i doesn't show up anything.

I put the application number since i don't know if i have a UCI number and nothing comes after that :(

can anyone help
If you have got any kind of visa from the immigration either a visitor visa or work permit it should be in there. if not and thats your first time then you dont need to worry about it . hope that helps

Ragga

Jan 11, 2013
Ragga said:
Hello everyone,
I have a quick question. my e-case shows that cic received my medical results. my question is would they still require an interview?
TIA
I was told that receiving the medical results should be the last thing before they make their decision.
anyone can help me with this ? Please, :)

Ambber29

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Hi,

I have several questions:

1: What is the appro cost of the pregnancy insurance in USA?
2: Can I be on visitor visa there with the insurance? My husband is on F1. Should I go on F2 visa to get the insurance?
3: What does the insurance cover?
4: What are some good companies?
5: I am in Canada now. Should I buy the insurance before going to USA.

What is the cost of delivery if I dont have insurance?

Gaby__

Jan 17, 2013
I dont understand why the CIC status website is not working for me :(

i put the UCI or Applicant number with the applicant information and the file is not found :(

is anyone experiencing the same thing? or can anyone help solve this that would be great

thanks

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Gaby__ said:
I dont understand why the CIC status website is not working for me :(

i put the UCI or Applicant number with the applicant information and the file is not found :(

is anyone experiencing the same thing? or can anyone help solve this that would be great

thanks
uci number you have to put sponsor's information in....file number/application number you put in the applicants information....if you have just received these it does take cic a few days to update the website....

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Ragga said:
Hello everyone,
TIA
It is not uncommon for spousal sponsorships that ecas says that medical results have been received, regardless of the rest of the process. Thjis is because they require you to submit medical exams at the time of application and they are letting that known in ecas. This is confusing because the expalination os the statuses given by CIC include medicals as part of a later stage, which is not accurate when someone submits medicals with the application. In a nutshell, it means nothing other than them saying "we have your medicals and we have done nothing else with your file".