Passport Req..
27-12-2011 sent the same day
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2013 (DM: 28-03-2013)
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
scylla said:
Next to impossible in the Philippines.
hahaha yes I agree I hope the visa officers here in our embassy knows how hard annulment is here.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
emrn said:
hahaha yes I agree I hope the visa officers here in our embassy knows how hard annulment is here.
Yes - they certainly know.

msbcd

Oct 22, 2012
Spousal sponsorship- NZ Resident

Good Day,

I'm glad to have found this forum and am hoping some of our questions will be answered.
My husband and I got married in January here in Canada. He is a Canadian citizen and I am a South African born New Zealander(Permanent Resident.)
Our spousal sponsorship application was received March 19th 2012. What we're a little confused about is that for some reason we sent the application to Mississauga which deals with outland applications only. They said it doesn't matter and will probably take less time. We, however have no timeline to follow then since it is not certain which guideline to follow(me being from NZ, but a SA'n citizen, applying from within Canada.)
In July he received the 'eligibility' letter, and now since he found a teaching position in Northern Quebec, we now live here. We had to apply for a CSQ, which should take a few weeks. Other than that, we would truly appreciate any advice on what stage we're in or how long it is still to take.

Thank you in advance,
-B

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Popo012 said:
Any body knows how long it takes for the second stage?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

edwin1266

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
davao city
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 19, 2010
LANDED..........
dec 23, 2010
Leon,

Greetings! hello Sir, i know this is not belong to your forum topic but i know for sure that you can help me with regarding my questions.

I have a friend , she is a US Citizen but now she is in the Philippines continue her studies in Nursing.
She wants to visit me in Canada , Can a US visitor able to apply a job? Because she's she doesn't want to be back in US for some personal reasons.

edwin 1266

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
edwin1266 said:
Leon,

Greetings! hello Sir, i know this is not belong to your forum topic but i know for sure that you can help me with regarding my questions.

I have a friend , she is a US Citizen but now she is in the Philippines continue her studies in Nursing.
She wants to visit me in Canada , Can a US visitor able to apply a job? Because she's she doesn't want to be back in US for some personal reasons.

edwin 1266
Sure - she can apply for a job. However she should expect that it may be quite difficult to find employment.

First she will need to find an employer who is willing to give her a job offer. That employer will then need to obtain an approved LMO (labour market opinion). As part of this process, the employer will have to prove the job was advertised and no Canadians could be found to fill the role. If the LMO is approved (not all are), she can then apply for a work permit. If the work permit is approved, she will be able to start working.

Unfortunately the LMO process is quite difficult and time-consuming. For this reason many employers aren't willing to consider foreign workers for open positions.

However she can always try and see what happens.

TRM2011

Star Member
Aug 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-09-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
04-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2013
Alright so here is my situation:

Application received by CIC - August 14, 2012
Date of approval of sponsorship for me as a sponsor - October 10, 2012
Visa office of spouse - New Delhi

How long can it take for the Canadian High Commission in Delhi to send my wife a letter requesting her to send the passport to them?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Leon said:
Healthcare you can usually get after your first stage approval, maybe plus 3 months depending on the province you live in.
Leon as usual has an excellent post, and indeed inland times have improved dramatically of late (I have seen people from March 2012 who have landed inland!) I suspect that CPC-V's goal is to have stage 1 inland be the same as stage 1 outland, and they are making great strides at getting there. But of course processing times are unique to each application.

On this one point (health care) I will note that this varies dramatically from province to province. The statement above is true for Ontario, but BC, AB, SK and PEI are all more generous than Ontario with respect to health benefits. Note that they may also vary from one another based upon the type of relationship you have. For example, AB will only consider common-law partners for health care if they have been in a relationship for five years not one year like CIC requires.

In the provinces I listed, the law states that a dependent living with a qualifying resident is eligible for health care benefits (again, there are variations from province to province). A spouse (or partner) is a dependent under these laws and thus the usual question is whether or not you are living together. I know both BC and SK will treat someone living in Canada with their spouse/partner as eligible if they have an in-process PR application. BC is very clear about what they expect and I recently had someone in SK (on an outland application) use this information to obtain coverage in SK: http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf. BC's list clearly demonstrates the evidence they require to establish that a PR application has been submitted.

Thus, Ontario seems to be the most stingy when it comes to health care. If you aren't in ON, check your provincial health service website and you may find that you qualify, even though you don't have AIP and/or are not a PR yet.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
TRM2011 said:
How long can it take for the Canadian High Commission in Delhi to send my wife a letter requesting her to send the passport to them?
Generally, NDVO requests the passport once they start processing the file. This is unique to them - they hold the passport through the entire process, issuing the visa and returning the passport at the end. So while most VO's only ask once the application is finished ("RFV" or "ready for visa"), NDVO asks up front. So she will likely hear from them soon, but that doesn't mean she's done. Unless they've changed, which is always possible.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
edwin1266 said:
As a US Citizen, if she can find a NAFTA-qualifying job, she will not need an LMO. In that case, she just needs a job offer for a NAFTA-qualifying job, evidence she has the required skills, a work permit application, two pictures, $150 and her passport and she can pick up her work permit at the border.

Otherwise, as scylla says, she would need to find an employer willing to obtain an LMO.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Re: Spousal sponsorship- NZ Resident

msbcd said:
My husband and I got married in January here in Canada. He is a Canadian citizen and I am a South African born New Zealander(Permanent Resident.)
Our spousal sponsorship application was received March 19th 2012. What we're a little confused about is that for some reason we sent the application to Mississauga which deals with outland applications only. They said it doesn't matter and will probably take less time. We, however have no timeline to follow then since it is not certain which guideline to follow(me being from NZ, but a SA'n citizen, applying from within Canada.)
In July he received the 'eligibility' letter, and now since he found a teaching position in Northern Quebec, we now live here. We had to apply for a CSQ, which should take a few weeks. Other than that, we would truly appreciate any advice on what stage we're in or how long it is still to take.
Which visa office did you request process your application? If you didn't specify, my guess is they sent it to Pretoria with its 25 months processing time rather than Sydney with its 8 month processing time. The sponsor approval letter normally states the office to which they sent it.

If they DID send it to Pretoria, my advice would be to withdraw the application and either submit it outland and specify sydney for processing or submit it inland to CPC-V. That will cost you $75, but I'd find that 25 month processing time a bit scary.

msbcd

Oct 22, 2012
computergeek said:
Which visa office did you request process your application? If you didn't specify, my guess is they sent it to Pretoria with its 25 months processing time rather than Sydney with its 8 month processing time. The sponsor approval letter normally states the office to which they sent it.

If they DID send it to Pretoria, my advice would be to withdraw the application and either submit it outland and specify sydney for processing or submit it inland to CPC-V. That will cost you $75, but I'd find that 25 month processing time a bit scary.
Thank you for your reply. I just looked at the eligibility letter we received and it says 'based on your relative's home address and the requirements of immigration and Refugee protection Act, the following Visa office was selected- CPP Ottawa.'

So I suppose the application was assigned to the Ottawa office as opposed to the Pretoria office. How am I able to see the processing time on that then, since it is an outland application, but assigned to a Canadian office?

Thanks again

jaimevetero

Oct 24, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2nd, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 9th, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 3rd, 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 16th, 2012
Med's Request
July 9th, 2012
Med's Done....
July 27th, 2012
Interview........
March 26th, 2013
Passport Req..
March 26th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 16th, 2013
LANDED..........
May 2nd, 2013
Hi, I'am an April's applicant and I'm doing the process from Santiago, Chile as well
they received my application on April 2nd and on Jul 9th they sent me an email saying that they cannot process my application as it was incomplete (i forgot to add 4 passport photos and the original medical report form).
short story, i did all the asked me and on aug 3rd my spouse got an email saying that his sponsorship had been approved and all the documents had been forwarded to the vissa office in Santiago.
on august 30th CIC heath branch sent me a letter by mail, which i go on sept 22nd, saying they needed further medical exams (hiv test). the thing is that i did that test. apparently they didn't get the first i did, so de doctor sent the same exam again.
on october 15th i realized that my E-CAS showed me that my medical exams had been received. how ever i havent heard anything from them...
i don't what that means, i have no idea if they'll call me for an interview or anything.

all this thing stresses me out!
is there anyone who did all this errand in santiago, chile?? i just want an idea of what i should expect now

greetings !

miracle2012

Oct 11, 2012
I have a question guys.ND has my husband's passport since 2 months for the visa stamping, he can not even apply for a visitor visa, right? Even he applies, the might reject it i guess, right?

Does anyone know ???