+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Safou

Star Member
Jul 25, 2012
thank you soooo much, i do really really appreciate your help...i will do what you suggest cuz it seems logic and reasonable...thank you so much, i will send my application tmw...i will let you know if i get approved, thanks again :)

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
I have a situation where I had applied for my spouse visitor visa and which got rejected. We had not even applied for the spousal sponsorship yet. Earlier when we had applied, we got reference letter from a friend of ours. This time, as I am in canada, working here, can I sponsor my spouse instead of any friends/ relatives. Whose reference letter of invitation would be good? Also, what do I have to state in the invitation letter?
Thnaks
Vee

fbee

Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2012
AOR Received.
27-09-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
parker24 said:
Depends on which border. But you should be okay if you bring with you the receipt of the fees you paid and possibly a copy of the application :) Good luck and congrats!
We were planning on crossing into Ontario at Fort Erie.

One other question:
Should she apply for a work permit right away (at the same time as we apply for immigration) or should she wait for a bit?

fbee

Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2012
AOR Received.
27-09-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Name change question....

My future wife who is the principal applicant on this sponsorship application wants to change her last name to my last name after we're married but that change won't be reflected on her passport. Should she use her maiden name throughout all the paperwork? Should she wait until she's gotten her permanent residency and process the name change in Canada or is it ok to go through the paperwork in the US prior to her receiving her PR here?

riva21

Mar 22, 2012
good day! it's really helpfull for us to read this forum because we quite have the same situation unless for 1 thing, I have a same sex relationship with my girlfriend in philippines. I am an immigrant here in canada and I just arrive after my college graduation last march 2012, before I leave me and my girlfriend planned to marry in a country wherein the same sex marriage is legal, then i found out that canada legalize this kind of marriage, my girlfriend planned to go here and apply for a tourist visa for the reason of marrying me without our parents consent, we want to hide our marriage because our parents are not agree with this kind of relationship but we are on a legal age and all we want is to be together either on Philippines or here in canada, depending on the situation that we could have, our marriage is not just because she wants to stay here for long but for us to live together legaly, and see each other, we also have proof that we have communication through social networking sites, we have pictures, and we can show call history that we communicate open. but just like the others in this forum said, i am afraid that they will refuse my girlfriends tourist visa application because they might think that she will not go back to the philippines. what is the best way we could do for this matter? she can show some proof that she have sufficient money in her bank account and she have business that can be a reason for her to go back in the philippines. can you please help us with regards to this matter? thank you so much and God bless!

Valeco

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2010
Doc's Request.
august 2012
File Transfer...
june 2011 to local office
Med's Request
October 18 2012,AIP and passport back
Med's Done....
Medicals received and decision made December 19
Interview........
october 2012
LANDED..........
february...6 ....pr card received march..13
Hello everybody,somebody knows why they transfer my application to the local office Calgary without AIP it's been 13 months and I still waiting .....

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Valeco said:
Hello everybody,somebody knows why they transfer my application to the local office Calgary without AIP it's been 13 months and I still waiting .....
They transfer files to a local office to do further investigation. For example, there might be some questions about the legitimacy of your relationship and by transferring it to a local office they can schedule an interview. This is only an example, and they may have also randomly selected your application for further investigation as part of their own internal quality control process.

Was there anything in your application that might have raised red flags for them? Substantial age difference, prior refused application, criminal charges against either the sponsor or applicant in the past, prior sponsorships by the sponsor, etc.? If not, it's probably just some internal precautions and you will hear from the local office in a month or two to help move your file along.

Good luck!

Ankit_Sonam

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th Jan'2012
AOR Received.
2nd April'2012
File Transfer...
18th Jan'2012
Med's Done....
19th Feb'2012
Interview........
24th July'2012
Passport Req..
12th April'2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 June' 2014
Hi All

im needing some advice..

i had my spousal interview on July 24, 2012- the visa officer stated he was not 100% sure and would make a decision in 10-15 days after some background checks He did not keep my passport, and suggested we could mail it in as me and my wife have returning tickets from Delhi to London, UK for Aug. 2/12. On July 27, 2012 the status on our Ecas changed straight to in process and then to decision made.

Previously in June my wife had emailed the minister of immigration explaining that the time had exceeded 6 months and that because Delhi had my passport, i would be unable to attend the interview as i would have to travel from London to India. On July 27, 2012 we also received an email from the minister stating it would just be another 10-12 days and we would hear about the decision from new Delhi.

I don't know what to expect. Also at the interview the VO didn't take any of my documents of evidence. He just took my phone records.

Valeco

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2010
Doc's Request.
august 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
october 2012
LANDED..........
Hello and thank you computer geek: ok I m a reject reffugee since 2010,and then I apply under the spouse sponsorship 4 months after my reffugee refusal ,I'm Spanish Latino and my wife Muslim Arabic I been married for more Than 2 years we have a house a car together and 2 kids.
What do you think? Maybe that's why they are taking so long.
And my wife sponsor her ex husband 8 years ago outside Canada application You think this is bad too for my application ?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Valeco said:
Hello and thank you computer geek: ok I m a reject reffugee since 2010,and then I apply under the spouse sponsorship 4 months after my reffugee refusal ,I'm Spanish Latino and my wife Muslim Arabic I been married for more Than 2 years we have a house a car together and 2 kids.
What do you think? Maybe that's why they are taking so long.
And my wife sponsor her ex husband 8 years ago outside Canada application You think this is bad too for my application ?
A failed refugee application followed by a spousal sponsorship application always invites closer scrutiny. The manuals are fairly clear that children together are a substantial factor with respect to the legitimacy of the relationship, but it still means someone decided to have your local office verify your relationship.

Your wife's prior sponsorship is a minor issue, but I'm sure it just solidified their decision to do a thorough check of your relationship with respect to your application. Once you satisfy the local officer your application is likely to move along quickly - as a failed refugee it means you've already been examined once before so the background check is faster, etc. All that's going to be an issue at this point (from what you've described) is the relationship.

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
I have a situation where I had applied for my spouse visitor visa and which got rejected. when we applied for visitor visa, we got reference letter from a friend of ours. This time, as I am in canada, working here, can I sponsor my spouse instead of any friends/ relatives. Whose reference letter of invitation would be good for visitor visa? Is visitor visa same as TRV?

Another question; when the spousal PR is in process, can the applicant get a work permit? My spouse can get internal transfer (thru work permit) but it might take 3-6 months to be effective. In the meantime, can we apply for a spousal sponsorship? Would spousal sponsorship affect work permit???
Thanks
Vee

Valeco

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2010
Doc's Request.
august 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
october 2012
LANDED..........
Thank you again for you information computergeek...

It's been 13 months since they trasfer my file to the local office ....i just have to keep waiting....but now I know why and I'm ready for any interview ...

PUJA

Apr 19, 2012
Can anyone tell me what does "in Process" means.
Does it means that visa would be issued or does it mean they CHC is evaluating for whatever decision they might take .
Most importantly is it possible that decision can be negative if it is in process on ecas?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
PUJA said:
Can anyone tell me what does "in Process" means.
Does it means that visa would be issued or does it mean they CHC is evaluating for whatever decision they might take .
Most importantly is it possible that decision can be negative if it is in process on ecas?
It means an officer has looked at your file and thus your application fee is no longer refundable. ::)

It does not mean they have made a decision. If you want to know more, I would suggest submitting a request for your GCMS notes. If you are in Canada, you may request them without charge. If you are outside Canada, you must have someone inside Canada order them on your behalf and pay a $5 fee.