+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Kaur2024

Star Member
Jul 8, 2024
Hii, I want to apply for spousal PR. Is it possible to do so while I am in India ?? As I am going to India to get marry and want to stay there for 2 months . Please suggest me something

Papa3434

Sep 24, 2024
Can someone help/guide me better, my tracker got updated with COPR but i havent recieved passport request email yet. I am october 2023 applicant outland.

malklv

Oct 4, 2023
Can someone help/guide me better, my tracker got updated with COPR but i havent recieved passport request email yet. I am october 2023 applicant outland.
Are you inland or Outland applicant?
I think you'll receive the passport request ( if you are outlander) very soon

ABWAQAR

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hii, I want to apply for spousal PR. Is it possible to do so while I am in India ?? As I am going to India to get marry and want to stay there for 2 months . Please suggest me something
Yes, you can apply while you are in India. You can use the IRCC online portal/ website to submit a PR application online. It is a much easier and faster way to submit a Spousal; PR application.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, you can apply while you are in India. You can use the IRCC online portal/ website to submit a PR application online. It is a much easier and faster way to submit a Spousal; PR application.
I repeat: no, PR-sponsors must NOT apply from abroad. Of course it is technically feasible to do so, whether online or by post. But IRCC can and does check where the PR-sponsor is when they apply.

There may be cases where they don't, but there is experience here of applicants doing this and getting rejections or serious delays. It is not worth it. Apply when back in Canada.

Reactions: 2cookies and malklv

desi_geek

Aug 10, 2024
Hey guys I got an update on the tracker that relationship to spouse is earlier was showing as Spouse. But after the update on 4th it's showing as Others. What to do ? On top of that this situation between Canada and I dia back on the news. Will it delay the processing ? Should I use web form for telling them the tracker mistake ?

rashieda

Jun 18, 2024
Guys my application Family class PR is 27 months and stuck in security screening for 15 month I'm worried and stress pls who be like me advise me or help about ?

Josh242

Star Member
Aug 3, 2024
Bahamas
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-01-2024
AOR Received.
31-08-2024
I repeat: no, PR-sponsors must NOT apply from abroad. Of course it is technically feasible to do so, whether online or by post. But IRCC can and does check where the PR-sponsor is when they apply.

There may be cases where they don't, but there is experience here of applicants doing this and getting rejections or serious delays. It is not worth it. Apply when back in Canada.
Question in regard to this. I am the PA and my wife is the sponsor, she is a PR and is living in Canada, when I complete the PR portal and submit from my home in The Bahamas how can that affect my outland application? they can also see that my wife is presently actively living in Canada as she is ongoing the process of applying for citizenship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Question in regard to this. I am the PA and my wife is the sponsor, she is a PR and is living in Canada, when I complete the PR portal and submit from my home in The Bahamas how can that affect my outland application? they can also see that my wife is presently actively living in Canada as she is ongoing the process of applying for citizenship
The PR must be resident in Canada and physically in Canada to sponsor and submit the sponsorship. The applicant does not need to be (as long as 'outland' not the living-in-Canada/inland class).

Josh242

Star Member
Aug 3, 2024
Bahamas
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-01-2024
AOR Received.
31-08-2024
The PR must be resident in Canada and physically in Canada to sponsor and submit the sponsorship. The applicant does not need to be (as long as 'outland' not the living-in-Canada/inland class).
ok thank you so in my case it won't have an affect