+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

JTR

Oct 10, 2024
I also contacted the MP and my file was considered no routine. It's because they asked me for ADDITIONAL documents Wich made my file out of timeframe, I'm on the 14th months.
It's crazy frustrating
Hi, even I am facing the same issue, I submitted for my spousal visa on may 2023, it’s been almost 16 months ,I contacted MP and came to know my case is considered as non routine because of an additional request, can anyone suggest what can I do at this point of time?? My medical got expired on Aug 2024.
Any help is really appreciated!!!

malklv

Oct 4, 2023
Hi, even I am facing the same issue, I submitted for my spousal visa on may 2023, it’s been almost 16 months ,I contacted MP and came to know my case is considered as non routine because of an additional request, can anyone suggest what can I do at this point of time?? My medical got expired on Aug 2024.
Any help is really appreciated!!!
I'm an august applicant, and I'm going through almost the same thing.
My application is also considered as no routine due to the additional documents request.
The MP is the best person to put pressure on them also keep sending webforms and please order a gcms note to know more about your application

Reactions: JTR

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi
Can we sponsor our spouse if we are outside Canada (Canadian citizen and been outside of Canada for almost 8 years now).
I read it possible but dont know if that has changed and what are the requirement.
Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi
Can we sponsor our spouse if we are outside Canada (Canadian citizen and been outside of Canada for almost 8 years now).
I read it possible but dont know if that has changed and what are the requirement.
Thanks
You'll need to provide some info on intent to return to Canada (plans and preps). But very much possible for a citizen.

Reactions: 2cookies

malklv

Oct 4, 2023
Hi
Thanks
I wouldn't advice that!
You need a physical address in Canada.
It's possible but very much hard.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ok...do you have a template of what i need to send them or a website i can check?
Thank you
Search in this forum for things like citizen sponsoring abroad, intent to return, etc. No single template but plenty of examples. Big ones are places to live, employment, education, moving arrangements, kids. It's pretty logical at heart: show you have a plan, what the plan is, and how you are implemienting it. If you don't have some aspects, work on them because they often ask for more info later.

Reactions: 2cookies

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Search in this forum for things like citizen sponsoring abroad, intent to return, etc. No single template but plenty of examples. Big ones are places to live, employment, education, moving arrangements, kids. It's pretty logical at heart: show you have a plan, what the plan is, and how you are implemienting it. If you don't have some aspects, work on them because they often ask for more info later.
Alright....thank you so much...will work on it..

ABWAQAR

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hi folks, my wife is already in Canada on a visit visa, she has a five-year multiple visa. We have applied for her stay extension in Canada before completing her six-month condition, awaiting for decision. Meanwhile, we were waiting for her COPR, and the COPR status has changed with the COPR number and expiry date. This means she is granted COPR. Does anyone know what would be the next steps and how we will complete our landing etc to apply for PR etc?

JTR

Oct 10, 2024
I'm an august applicant, and I'm going through almost the same thing.
My application is also considered as no routine due to the additional documents request.
The MP is the best person to put pressure on them also keep sending webforms and please order a gcms note to know more about your application
Thanks!!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Meanwhile, we were waiting for her COPR, and the COPR status has changed with the COPR number and expiry date. This means she is granted COPR. Does anyone know what would be the next steps and how we will complete our landing etc to apply for PR etc?
No, it does not mean she has been 'granted' COPR. This is a fallacy. Her file has been allocated a COPR#. It's an internal administrative step by IRCC.

COPR is only issued after passport request, or - for those already in Canada - when an eCOPR is actually issued (and accompanied usually by a 'you are now a PR' message of some sort).

Next steps? When there is either a passport request (inviting to submit passport abroad OR advise one is in Canada and switch to virtual landing process), OR beginning of the virtual landing process (plenty of threads on this).

Reactions: ABWAQAR