+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Stephie@31

Aug 26, 2019
Hey guys! One simple question… Outland application withdrawn in order to do inland, can we send the exact letters, police report, and with the same dates? Or wait for them to request police report and stuff?

Skkhan

Feb 26, 2020
Hey guys! One simple question… Outland application withdrawn in order to do inland, can we send the exact letters, police report, and with the same dates? Or wait for them to request police report and stuff?
Can anybody help with this if we have received something like this in an email from lvo to an email query asked what does it mean anybody else experienced it TIA

Please be advised that you should be receiving further correspondence from our office regarding the next steps for your application for permanent residence within two weeks of the date of this e-mail.

If you have not received further correspondence within the next two weeks, please reply to this e-mail informing our office as such.

We trust this information is of assistance and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Skkhan

Feb 26, 2020
Can anybody help with this if we have received something like this in an email from lvo to an email query asked what does it mean anybody else experienced it TIA

Please be advised that you should be receiving further correspondence from our office regarding the next steps for your application for permanent residence within two weeks of the date of this e-mail.

If you have not received further correspondence within the next two weeks, please reply to this e-mail informing our office as such.

We trust this information is of assistance and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

lkdlfcZ11

May 28, 2021
Hello Everyone, I have a question and require some help :)

I am a British citizen who is planning on getting a common law sponsorship through my girlfriend who is Canadian. We’ve been together 2.5 years and lived together most of that time. I’m currently in the country residing in Ontario. Hence we are applying Canada Class

Right now we are filling out the ‘Application to Sponsor’ for (IMM 1344) and all is going well however we are stuck on what is meant by the co-signer, as it mentions the co-signer must be the spouse/common law partner of the sponsor however later on in the PDF, it only gives the options for different types of Citizenship or PR, For my status in Canada, which obviously I wouldn’t have and in the eligibility assessment it asks if the co-signer resides in Canada and similar questions, implying that the co signer isn’t the spouse/partner of the sponsor.
Would appreciate some clarity on the subject if anyone has experienced this as well , is it just easier to not have a co-signer?
Thanks

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
Hi everyone!

Any info will be appreciated, I am a P R in Canada ATM sponsored my wife and child they got their COPR which is valid till July 2021,
Due to covid we are planning for my spouse and child to fly when it's safer to fly (when the govt announces) seemingly looks like it may go beyond July.

Question1:
Is the COPR going to be extended automatically will we be notified, or should we contact CIC webform and apply for an extension?

2: Would there be any limitations that we can expect on the new COPR once there's an extension?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello Everyone, I have a question and require some help :)

I am a British citizen who is planning on getting a common law sponsorship through my girlfriend who is Canadian. We’ve been together 2.5 years and lived together most of that time. I’m currently in the country residing in Ontario. Hence we are applying Canada Class

Right now we are filling out the ‘Application to Sponsor’ for (IMM 1344) and all is going well however we are stuck on what is meant by the co-signer, as it mentions the co-signer must be the spouse/common law partner of the sponsor however later on in the PDF, it only gives the options for different types of Citizenship or PR, For my status in Canada, which obviously I wouldn’t have and in the eligibility assessment it asks if the co-signer resides in Canada and similar questions, implying that the co signer isn’t the spouse/partner of the sponsor.
Would appreciate some clarity on the subject if anyone has experienced this as well , is it just easier to not have a co-signer?
Thanks
Ignore the co-signer part, write n/à if needed, does not apply to your case.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone!

Any info will be appreciated, I am a P R in Canada ATM sponsored my wife and child they got their COPR which is valid till July 2021,
Due to covid we are planning for my spouse and child to fly when it's safer to fly (when the govt announces) seemingly looks like it may go beyond July.

Question1:
Is the COPR going to be extended automatically will we be notified, or should we contact CIC webform and apply for an extension?

2: Would there be any limitations that we can expect on the new COPR once there's an extension?
Won't be automatic, write when the travel ban changes.

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
Won't be automatic, write when the travel ban changes.
Reading at other places I assume there won't be any changes but to be clear..

Would there be any changes once there is a new COPR,

1: would they ask take the medical again? as it would expire

2: would they add new notes like we recommend only to travel when government announces or you may only be allowed to enter Canada at border? Coz as for now immediate family may travel with hotel quarantine and other requirements to be met

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Reading at other places I assume there won't be any changes but to be clear..

Would there be any changes once there is a new COPR,

1: would they ask take the medical again? as it would expire

2: would they add new notes like we recommend only to travel when government announces or you may only be allowed to enter Canada at border? Coz as for now immediate family may travel with hotel quarantine and other requirements to be met
1. Seems to be decided case by case, don't know.

2. Never heard of such a thing. Suppose they could but don't know.

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Hi All,

I am about to submit the Spousal sponsorship for my spouse and child.

I have few questions as per below:

1. I am having COPR, can I sponsor my spouse and minor child?
2. My Spouse and child have valid visitor records and study permits but they don't have TRV stamped. will that be a problem?
3. It's 9 years of our marriage, do I still require to share the marriage pics?
1. yes
2. not sure
3. no

Reactions: vamish14

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Look at the checklist requirements, some police reports expire after 6 months. Whatever is in the checklist has to be provided unless there is a good reason that you can't, if you can't you should provide a detailed explanation why. Not providing required docs without an explanation can get your app returned as being incomplete.