+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Jiniya

Apr 14, 2020
If you are a PR, the child needs to be added to the app. Medical, forms etc.
Thanks for replying!

Would you mind being more specific? Going over the forms, imm5406e was the only one I could find that has any space requiring your offspring be entered. Are there other forms that need updating?

Looking at my post I see I failed to mention that we're all 3 living in Canada and the baby was born a citizen. Sorry about that

Thanks again!

Pdcarino2

Apr 14, 2020
Can someone help me what to do because my wife send my application in cpc mississauga instead in cpc sydney. I'm living outside canada so it means she will send to cpc sydney right? Application received on feb 3 but until now no aor or email yet receive from them. What we need to do? Thanks and Godbless! ❤

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can someone help me what to do because my wife send my application in cpc mississauga instead in cpc sydney. I'm living outside canada so it means she will send to cpc sydney right? Application received on feb 3 but until now no aor or email yet receive from them. What we need to do? Thanks and Godbless! ❤
There are two likely possibilities: either they sent it back to whatever address you indicated as mailing address, or they sent it on to Sydney for you.

As I see it, you have a few basic options: wait and see what happens (whether they return it or you get an email advising they are processing); write a webmail and ask if they can tell you what has happened; prepare and submit a new application.

Personally I'd suggest writing a webmail and begin to prepare another submission (updating your applications etc but without spending much money yet). Hopefully it is in Sydney. If they sent it back to you, it may take a long time or get stuck / lost in mail, and you'll need to update and resubmit anyway.

Pdcarino2

Apr 14, 2020
There are two likely possibilities: either they sent it back to whatever address you indicated as mailing address, or they sent it on to Sydney for you.

As I see it, you have a few basic options: wait and see what happens (whether they return it or you get an email advising they are processing); write a webmail and ask if they can tell you what has happened; prepare and submit a new application.

Personally I'd suggest writing a webmail and begin to prepare another submission (updating your applications etc but without spending much money yet). Hopefully it is in Sydney. If they sent it back to you, it may take a long time or get stuck / lost in mail, and you'll need to update and resubmit anyway.
Is it okay to send new application to cpc sydney?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is it okay to send new application to cpc sydney?
Well, yes, but may get complicated with fees etc. So best to send webmail to see if they can find what happened to the first. But may still make sense to start updating your information and applications just in case.

Pdcarino2

Apr 14, 2020
Well, yes, but may get complicated with fees etc. So best to send webmail to see if they can find what happened to the first. But may still make sense to start updating your information and applications just in case.
How can i send them webmail? Thank you

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
(REPOST)

QUESTION re: IMM 5708e - Application to extend my stay in Canada

My PR and OWP are still being processed, and I'm ~5 days away from being out of [Visitor] status. I am planning on submitting an IMM 5708e form in the next few days. I do have a few questions that I was hoping I could get some help on:
  • Section: COMING INTO CANADA
    • Question 2 : The original purpose coming into Canada
      • The last time I crossed into Canada (right before submitting my PR & OWP apps) I was already married to my husband/sponsor. Would I choose "Family Visit," "Tourism," or "Other" (with explanation that I have PR & OWP apps pending) for this question? I'm assuming this choice would also be the same for the next section DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA, correct?
  • Section: DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA
    • Question 2: Indicate how long you plan to stay
      • "From" date would be my first day out of status, but what do I put for "To" date? I plan on staying until my PR is approved, which was ECD pre-Coronavirus October 30, 2020. Should I list that date, or something else?
        • A slight hiccup is that my passport is set to expire right after the new year, which I will be renewing from Canada beforehand. Would I put my current passport expiration date as the "To" date?
  • Biometrics fee
    • Guide 5551 - Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada - online application
      • The Application fee and Biometrics fee are both listed and seem to be mandatory. However, I submitted $85 for my biometrics fee with my PR app (and even then it is questionable that I will have to give biometrics since my Inland app was received before the law change on Dec. 3, 2019); do I need to pay another $85 with my IMM 5708e application? I don't want to over pay, but also don't want the app returned due to missing payment.
Thank you to all that are able to provide guidance!

@canuck_in_uk - You had advised me to try and wait for my OWP before submitting the application to extend my stay, but I have since found out that it is on hold until I am AIP (several other PR/SOWP applicants are receiving the same decision). Reaching out to you again as you had answered back to my original post.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for replying!

Would you mind being more specific? Going over the forms, imm5406e was the only one I could find that has any space requiring your offspring be entered. Are there other forms that need updating?

Looking at my post I see I failed to mention that we're all 3 living in Canada and the baby was born a citizen. Sorry about that

Thanks again!
Yeah, that's something you should have mentioned. The child can't be added to the app. Did you provide IRCC with proof of Canadian citizenship?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
(REPOST)

QUESTION re: IMM 5708e - Application to extend my stay in Canada

My PR and OWP are still being processed, and I'm ~5 days away from being out of [Visitor] status. I am planning on submitting an IMM 5708e form in the next few days. I do have a few questions that I was hoping I could get some help on:
  • Section: COMING INTO CANADA
    • Question 2 : The original purpose coming into Canada
      • The last time I crossed into Canada (right before submitting my PR & OWP apps) I was already married to my husband/sponsor. Would I choose "Family Visit," "Tourism," or "Other" (with explanation that I have PR & OWP apps pending) for this question? I'm assuming this choice would also be the same for the next section DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA, correct?
  • Section: DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA
    • Question 2: Indicate how long you plan to stay
      • "From" date would be my first day out of status, but what do I put for "To" date? I plan on staying until my PR is approved, which was ECD pre-Coronavirus October 30, 2020. Should I list that date, or something else?
        • A slight hiccup is that my passport is set to expire right after the new year, which I will be renewing from Canada beforehand. Would I put my current passport expiration date as the "To" date?
  • Biometrics fee
    • Guide 5551 - Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada - online application
      • The Application fee and Biometrics fee are both listed and seem to be mandatory. However, I submitted $85 for my biometrics fee with my PR app (and even then it is questionable that I will have to give biometrics since my Inland app was received before the law change on Dec. 3, 2019); do I need to pay another $85 with my IMM 5708e application? I don't want to over pay, but also don't want the app returned due to missing payment.
Thank you to all that are able to provide guidance!

@canuck_in_uk - You had advised me to try and wait for my OWP before submitting the application to extend my stay, but I have since found out that it is on hold until I am AIP (several other PR/SOWP applicants are receiving the same decision). Reaching out to you again as you had answered back to my original post.
I suggest you contact your MP regarding the OWP, as that makes no sense, even with the COVID-19 situation. You should also request GCMS notes, even though they are seriously delayed right now.

Family or Other and provide proof of the sponsorship app.

Status can't be granted beyond passport expiry, so you could ask for that and explain that you are asking for long enough to cover the PR processing.

Yes, you need to pay. Biometrics done for a PR app don't qualify for a temporary residency app and vice versa. If you overpay, they just refund it eventually.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

Gaurav0725

May 28, 2018
Hi
I have been living with my gf from oct 2018
And she got PR via oinp in sept 2019. since we didn’t complete one year till PR she didn’t mention about me in her APPLICATION .
AND NOW WE HAVE APPLIED FOR MY SPONSORSHIP VIA INLAND COMMONLAW
WILL THIS BE OK?

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
@canuck_in_uk - You had advised me to try and wait for my OWP before submitting the application to extend my stay, but I have since found out that it is on hold until I am AIP (several other PR/SOWP applicants are receiving the same decision).
Can confirm. We're in the exact same boat... We were notified in February that we were unable to get our OWP until we got AIP.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
I have been living with my gf from oct 2018
And she got PR via oinp in sept 2019. since we didn’t complete one year till PR she didn’t mention about me in her APPLICATION .
AND NOW WE HAVE APPLIED FOR MY SPONSORSHIP VIA INLAND COMMONLAW
WILL THIS BE OK?
Turn off CAPS lock. It's considered rude.

If she landed as a PR before one year of cohabitation, you weren't common-law and there is no issue with sponsoring.