+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

rajabio111

Jan 19, 2017
Hello Folks,

Our civil marriage is scheduled in Feb at Toronto, due to some reasons both sides parents cant attend this as they need to come from India. But every one aware of this and attended pre-wedding ceremony last year at India. Our parents wants to do our religious marriage going to occur in September at India. Only some friends and relatives will be attending civil marriage here.

Let me know if this situation can be a problem for spousal application.

Thanks

bainsneetu

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
bainsneetu said:
hey hi,

I have a question. Is it possible if my husband can come to Canada on tourist visa first and once he is in Canada, I can apply for his visa under inside sponsor visa category?
I have heard there are few difficulties to get tourist visa if the other spouse is PR of Canada and staying in Canada already? He is PR of Australia and working there at the moment. He is thinking of applying tourist visa but we are not sure if there is any difficulty to apply for his spouse visa lately.
Please suggest.
hello,

does anyone have any say on this...thanks

NYTH

Dec 2, 2016
Meron po ba dito nakaexperience nagkaroon ng additional request tapos 4 month na walang update since the last update ..april 2016 applicant ako..and sept 2016 was the last update ..thanks

MarJon

Jan 20, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Hi everyone,

Newbie husband here trying to sponsor my wife :). I just want to ask a one question in regards to the forms.
My name shown on my passport does not contain my mothers maiden name. The other IDs that I have, do.

Passport Example below:

Surname: ZZZ
Given Names: AAA BBB

My other ID's (citizenship, drivers, healthcard, etc):

First Name: AAA BBB
Middle Name(mother's maiden): CCC
Surname: ZZZ

On the IMM1344, it is stated that I put my name as shown on my passport. On question 6, do I write down my middle name as shown from my other IDs?

Also on the other forms including my wifes(applicant), do I put my name as shown on my passport or my legal full name?

Thanks for the help. :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mrsislamaj24 said:
WE SHOULD HAVE A MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT INVOLVED

August 16, 2014 – Received request from the Rome Embassy Visa Section to apply for an authorization to return to Canada. My husband was deported June 6, 2013 from the Non Criminal Unit with CBSA in Vancouver.

October 19, 2016 – Refusal for authorization to return to Canada under section 52(i)
October 26.2016 – Sponsorship refusal under subsection 51(1) and 11(1) (for not having children ???? )
Don't post in CAPS. It's conidered rude and makes it more difficult to actually read your post than if you had just typed normally.

You have been free to contact your MP whenever you wanted about your application. They are genreally happy to help but you need to actually ask.

You haven't given any relationship history or any information about the relationship proofs you submitted. A deportation requires significant relationship proofs to overcome the Marriage of Convenience suspicion, especially if you married soon before he was actually deported.

Applications are not refused for not having children. Have you requested GCMS notes?

mrsislamaj24

Jan 23, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
Don't post in CAPS. It's conidered rude and makes it more difficult to actually read your post than if you had just typed normally.

You have been free to contact your MP whenever you wanted about your application. They are genreally happy to help but you need to actually ask.

You haven't given any relationship history or any information about the relationship proofs you submitted. A deportation requires significant relationship proofs to overcome the Marriage of Convenience suspicion, especially if you married soon before he was actually deported.

Applications are not refused for not having children. Have you requested GCMS notes?

Sorry for coming off as rude. That was not my intention.

As far as my relationship being genuine, or providing any proof of the genuineness of it. Like i had said before, we have met every single requirement.

We were never refused for our relationship not being genuine, the visa officer in rome and in ottawa stated that time and time again.

Our first appeal for our first refusal, was successful. It was actually cancelled and approved and a letter from the Minister stating our sponsorship application never should have been denied, it is legally invalid and an error of the law.

It then goes back to Ottawa for re processing, not Rome at this point.

Ottawa sent us the PR application kit,
and yes we got refused for not having a child.!! Crazy right? That is what we thought.

Yes i will contact my local MP tomorrow. And as well yes GCMS notes have been requested.

Thanks for the help :)

mrsislamaj24

Jan 23, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:

As well we got married a almost a year after he was deported. He was deported because when you come to Canada as an illegal refugee there is only so many applications you can put it and that can be denied before you are sent back home.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mrsislamaj24 said:
May 15, 2015 – Refusal of Spousal Sponsorship under regulation 4(1)

May 26, 2015- Refusal of Authorization to return to Canada under section A36

October 19, 2016 – Refusal for authorization to return to Canada under section 52(i)

October 26.2016 – Sponsorship refusal under subsection 51(1) and 11(1) (for not having children ???? )
The app was first refused under R4(1):

4 (1) For the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership

(a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or
(b) is not genuine.

A36, the reason given for the ARC refusal, refers to inadmissibility because of criminality. Does he have a criminal record?

For the second ARC refusal, you state 52(i), which doesn't exist. There is 52(1):

52 (1) If a removal order has been enforced, the foreign national shall not return to Canada, unless authorized by an officer or in other prescribed circumstances.

51(1) and 11(1) have nothing to do with having a child or not, so I'm not sure why you think that was the reason for refusal.

ESHT2101

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
Doc's Request.
29-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
File Transfer...
31-06-2017
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
27-07-2017
Plz guys help me out...My Husband sponsor me for spouse visa....now he is filling up the form and my part is filling up by me online.

Now the question is how can i sign the papers ? Plzzz help me.....can he scan my signature and attach there.I live in Bangladesh and he lives in Canada.

Sivagowry

Jan 23, 2017
rajabio111 said:
Hello Folks,

Our civil marriage is scheduled in Feb at Toronto, due to some reasons both sides parents cant attend this as they need to come from India. But every one aware of this and attended pre-wedding ceremony last year at India. Our parents wants to do our religious marriage going to occur in September at India. Only some friends and relatives will be attending civil marriage here.

Let me know if this situation can be a problem for spousal application.

Thanks
I don't think it will be a problem. Our civil marriage was done on 2013. And religious marriage was done on 2015. The immigration office accept the legal things. No need to fear as my application has been accepted by the immigration office and waiting for PRR. Make sure you submit the legal documents and photographs as needed.

r2rlanes

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
Doc's Request.
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
20-09-2016 AOR2 ..........: 20-10-2016
File Transfer...
17-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront | Passed
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
23-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-04-2017
Good day everyone!

I would like to ask your views and opinions about the email I received from CIC. The email is asking for additional document which is the original copy of AOM, I am about to send it when I again received an email recalling the said email. Should I disregard the email and continue to wait or do I need to do something on it? Thank you and your response would be greatly appreciated. Good luck everyone! :D :D :D

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ESHT2101 said:
Plz guys help me out...My Husband sponsor me for spouse visa....now he is filling up the form and my part is filling up by me online.

Now the question is how can i sign the papers ? Plzzz help me.....can he scan my signature and attach there.I live in Bangladesh and he lives in Canada.
Scanned signature is not acceptable by IRCC , You need to fill the forms , sign then and send them to him .

MichelleCarbonell

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Surrey
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
10/11/2016 App. Received: 14/11/2016 SA Approval: 02/12/2016
Doc's Request.
26/01/2017 and 22/02/2017
AOR Received.
NO AOR1. NO AOR2
File Transfer...
02/12/2016
Med's Request
Upfront: PASSED
Med's Done....
20/10/2016
Passport Req..
16/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
20/03/2017
LANDED..........
03/04/2017
Hi I just gave birth last Jan 5. Do you know how will I do the "Add On" that the IRCC is requiring? I already notify them about me giving birth. I am the sponsor and our newborn is Canadian Citizen

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
MichelleCarbonell said:
Hi I just gave birth last Jan 5. Do you know how will I do the "Add On" that the IRCC is requiring? I already notify them about me giving birth. I am the sponsor and our newborn is Canadian Citizen
since your child is a canadian citizen, they do not need to be "Added" to the application as they do not require PR approval. You need to send proof of the birth (birth certificate) and proof of the child's canadian citizenship to IRCC.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ramand.Saini said:
hi,

Just a quick question. We are married and not a common law relationship. Do we still need to provide these proofs on the checklist:

Code:
One (1) document from three (3) of the following sets of options:
• Joint ownership of residential property or joint residential leases or joint rental agreements listing both the sponsor and the principal applicant; (Minimum 1 document).
• Proof of joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone); (Minimum 1 document).
• Important documents for you and your sponsor showing the same address, such as copies of Government issued identification
documents: driver's licenses, insurance policies, etc.
• Important documents for you or your sponsor showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment or
insurance benefits). (Minimum 1 document).
• Documentary evidence of financial support between your sponsor and yourself.
• Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (e.g. Letters, social media information showing a
public relationship, etc.)
Did you got any update on this? I am not sure what i can provide as "proof that relationship is recognized by your friends" Any ideas please. Can we provide the marriage visit card or pictures for this do we need actual letters from relatives or any facebook account