waived
Passport Req..
February.23.2016
VISA ISSUED...
March.6.2016
LANDED..........
March.26.2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Anyone can make the payment. Email a copy to the VO.
Thank you!

luckyhirang

Jul 15, 2015
Manila, Philippines
MbGb072517 said:
Hey there guys, I just had a few questions regarding how I should go about sponsoring my wife who I just married, I read a bunch myself about the spousal sponsorship, and what it requires and all the information they are asking for from both parties, but I am looking to actually start the process and begin filing and get everything underway now that we have officially gotten married. I am a Canadian citizen born and raised in Canada.

I looked at the payment options it is asking me to pay and file, and I am receiving 3 options currently that I am not sure if I need to pay all 3 or which I need to actually pay. If anyone could let me know which ones I need to pay out of these options and why I would appreciate it very much!

Options:

1: Principal Applicant (including 75$ for sponsorship)
2: Spouse, common-law, or conjugal partner
3: Right of permanent residence fee

I feel almost certain that I understand this and that I would need to pay all 3 fees, but some second opinions never hurt.
Thanks!
Hi, there! If I understand correctly you will be applying a Spousal Sponsorship/Family Sponsorship. You may only pay a fee for the Spousal Sponsorship/Family Sponsorship. Since you are already married you may apply as such. There's a post here that is very detailed and all answers your looking is on that post, the one posted by Leon. Kindly click on page/number "1", the most first page.

Good luck!

Mr. EJ

Sep 10, 2015
IrishApplicant said:
this thread should be locked, otherwise every single new person will post their qs here, instead of the main room.

IA
Hello there,

I'm a new member and have a few questions. Where is the main room and how do you post a question? I looked everywhere on the website but couldn't find an option to post a question.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers!

sheris13

Sep 10, 2015
Hi all,

I am a Canadian citizen married to a Brit. We currently live in the UK (where I am on a spousal visa). We want to begin the process for him so we can move back to Canada.

I assume both our applications will be outland as we live in England - what kind of time frame are we looking at?

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Mr. EJ said:
Hello there,

I'm a new member and have a few questions. Where is the main room and how do you post a question? I looked everywhere on the website but couldn't find an option to post a question.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers!
It depends which forum you would like to post in, but as you posted this in a Family Class Sponsorship thread I presume you want the link to that forum.
Family Class sponsorship forum
Post a question in the Family Class Sponsorship forum

JoanaSOM

Sep 10, 2015
Hello everyone,

me and my husband move to Canada in April of these year...He is Canadian and I'm not so we are doing the sponsor application but I have some doubts

In the form IMM 5481:

What should answer in questio 3 "net personal income for the 12 months preceding the date of your application." We only arrived in April and he is working but not for 12 months...so what should I do??

AND

in the form IMM 5669:

In question 8 "personal history for the past 10 years" should I include the period of time that I'm in Canada (since april till now??)

In questio 12 "where have you lived for the past ten years"...the same thing should I include the period of time that I'm in Canada (since april till now??)??

AND

I'm also aplying for an open work permit at the same time with my PR application and In question number 3 "Im applying for one or more of the followin" I had put the option : "An Initial Work permit or a work permit whit a new employer" Is thes right??

Hope you guys can help

Joana

colocho13

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
I submitted application to sponsor my wife and
I have question regarding the requirement of PR to be inside canada during the sponsorship process I get to travel abroad for extended period up one month on business work related trips would that be an issue after I receive sponsorship approval Stage 1 of the process ?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
colocho13 said:
I submitted application to sponsor my wife and
I have question regarding the requirement of PR to be inside canada during the sponsorship process I get to travel abroad for extended period up one month on business work related trips would that be an issue after I receive sponsorship approval Stage 1 of the process ?
You are not residing abroad, you are travelling for work. Just make sure you keep some proof just in case, but the point is that you can't LIVE abroad.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
JoanaSOM said:
What should answer in questio 3 "net personal income for the 12 months preceding the date of your application." We only arrived in April and he is working but not for 12 months...so what should I do??

In question 8 "personal history for the past 10 years" should I include the period of time that I'm in Canada (since april till now??)

In questio 12 "where have you lived for the past ten years"...the same thing should I include the period of time that I'm in Canada (since april till now??)??

I'm also aplying for an open work permit at the same time with my PR application and In question number 3 "Im applying for one or more of the followin" I had put the option : "An Initial Work permit or a work permit whit a new employer" Is thes right??
Do as the question says. State his income for the preceding 12 months.

Yes, include the time in Canada.

Yes, "initial work permit" is fine.

harirk

Sep 11, 2015
mitchieescarlos said:
Thank you!
HI Guys

I applied for In-land family class sponsorship on June 30th 2015, and my UPS application was received on 3rd July 2015, I also submitted work permit application along with my family class sponsorship application, I am yet to receive a reply or a file number from CIC, is this unussual

Question 2, Since CIC said they will issue open work permits within 4 months for spousal application submiited after december 2014. I would like to know if the 4 months starts from the date application was received at CPC Mississauga or the date they issue file number for my application.

Final question, My visitor visa expired on 23rd August I have submitted visitor visa extension application around 2 weeks before the expiry of my visitor visa, I read somewhere that CIC will issue open work permits only to those applicants who maintain their status. now the funny thing is they have not responded on the visa extension application yet and i will assume it will take longer, my worry is if my open work permit application is openned before my visa is extended will I be entitled to open work permit by virtue of my visa extention application that is pending with them or i will fall under those who didnot maintain their statuses.

Thank u

Any educated advises/opinions will be appreciated

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
sheris13 said:
Hi all,

I am a Canadian citizen married to a Brit. We currently live in the UK (where I am on a spousal visa). We want to begin the process for him so we can move back to Canada.

I assume both our applications will be outland as we live in England - what kind of time frame are we looking at?
Since you both live in England at the moment, make sure you show lots of proof that you intend to reside in Canada once your spouse gets PR (rental contracts, letters from family, job search/offers etc.). I believe the average processing time at London VO for a Brit is about a year.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
JoanaSOM said:
Hello everyone,

me and my husband move to Canada in April of these year...He is Canadian and I'm not so we are doing the sponsor application but I have some doubts

In the form IMM 5481:

AND

in the form IMM 5669:

AND

Hope you guys can help

Joana
IMM 5481 - That doesn't matter. Just put what he actually made.

IMM 5669 - Absolutely. Do not leave any gaps.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
harirk said:
HI Guys

I applied for In-land family class sponsorship on June 30th 2015, and my UPS application was received on 3rd July 2015, I also submitted work permit application along with my family class sponsorship application, I am yet to receive a reply or a file number from CIC, is this unussual

Question 2, Since CIC said they will issue open work permits within 4 months for spousal application submiited after december 2014. I would like to know if the 4 months starts from the date application was received at CPC Mississauga or the date they issue file number for my application.

Final question, My visitor visa expired on 23rd August I have submitted visitor visa extension application around 2 weeks before the expiry of my visitor visa, I read somewhere that CIC will issue open work permits only to those applicants who maintain their status. now the funny thing is they have not responded on the visa extension application yet and i will assume it will take longer, my worry is if my open work permit application is openned before my visa is extended will I be entitled to open work permit by virtue of my visa extention application that is pending with them or i will fall under those who didnot maintain their statuses.

Thank u

Any educated advises/opinions will be appreciated
1) You should have AOR by now, but they might be running slow this year, I'm not sure. Check out one of the Inland threads. Have you made sure to check your email and email spam?

2) I believe it is about 4-5 months from when they receive your OWP application.

3) Since you sent in your OWP application before your status expired, and since you also submitted a visitor extension, you have what is called "implied status". This is legal status according to CIC, so nothing to be concerned about there.

harirk

Sep 11, 2015
Aquakitty said:
1) You should have AOR by now, but they might be running slow this year, I'm not sure. Check out one of the Inland threads. Have you made sure to check your email and email spam?

2) I believe it is about 4-5 months from when they receive your OWP application.

3) Since you sent in your OWP application before your status expired, and since you also submitted a visitor extension, you have what is called "implied status". This is legal status according to CIC, so nothing to be concerned about there.
Thanks buddy for the response.

2 & 3. You have cleared my doubts Thanks.

But on No 1, Yes I should have received AOR by now but I dont understand, I am checking my spam mail folder there is nothing yet. My lawyer hasnt received anything on my behalf yet.

Will keep hoping though

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
harirk said:
Thanks buddy for the response.

2 & 3. You have cleared my doubts Thanks.

But on No 1, Yes I should have received AOR by now but I dont understand, I am checking my spam mail folder there is nothing yet. My lawyer hasnt received anything on my behalf yet.

Will keep hoping though
If you have a copy of the payment receipt (IMM5401) you can use the receipt number to try and login to ECAS (use the sponsors details). We haven't received an AOR email yet but we can login and see that they started processing our application.