AOR Received.
25-08-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
MaryL said:
Sharcan, I found a thread on here...
one-year pilot OWP for spouses and common-law partners
Good luck
Actually...I called the Visa office here in Düsseldorf, Germany and the gentleman told me nope, we don't have to fill out an extra work permit application, that once our application is approved that my husband can work as he will have permanent resident status and we should NOT have 2 applications going in at once-its not allowed!..I must admit, I am still doing research as I am still not confident I got the correct info...he seemed annoyed that I was bothering him!

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
Sharcan said:
Actually...I called the Visa office here in Düsseldorf, Germany and the gentleman told me nope, we don't have to fill out an extra work permit application, that once our application is approved that my husband can work as he will have permanent resident status and we should NOT have 2 applications going in at once-its not allowed!..I must admit, I am still doing research as I am still not confident I got the correct info...he seemed annoyed that I was bothering him!
The very second you land as a permanent resident, you are able to work. You will need a Social Insurance Number, but this is done in 5 minutes at any Service Canada location. You can also get one at some airports right after the PR process is done.

Sharcan

Jun 19, 2015
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7,2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
bigredmoose said:
The very second you land as a permanent resident, you are able to work. You will need a Social Insurance Number, but this is done in 5 minutes at any Service Canada location. You can also get one at some airports right after the PR process is done.
Thanks bigredmoose! Thats what I was hoping! 8)
If i may ask another question!? Is there somewhere on here where all the abbreviations from AOR to COPR etc etc are listed??! Not got a clue what some of them are!!

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
Sharcan said:
Thanks bigredmoose! Thats what I was hoping! 8)
If i may ask another question!? Is there somewhere on here where all the abbreviations from AOR to COPR etc etc are listed??! Not got a clue what some of them are!!
I'm not sure if there's one, but here's a quick list off the top of my head:
AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt
COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency
PPR - Passport Request
VO - Visa Office (sometimes with the location, ie, NDVO for New Delhi
Any others, feel free to PM me.

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
wjfung said:
Greeting everyone!!!
I`m new here and I came cuz I have a question and a problem to be solved. My husband and I are married for a couple months now and he is starting his application this week. Our doubt is when they ask on the checklist for photocopies or originals of his passport and the last entry in Canada. He had been here without a status for 3 months before our wedding. Will that imply on his application? What you guys suggest him to do (i.e. write a letter explaining the reasons he stayed those few months without a status)?

Thanks very much in advance
I would delete this post and start a new thread. You'll get more/better answers that way.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tintintintin said:
Hi, I just wanted to ask is it okay to sponsor a spouse even if you are a PR for only a year? (I became PR last May 2014 only) thanks in advance for the answer
Yes, as long as you were not sponsored for your PR by a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner.

hcseeker

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
Hello everyone. I applied May 2014 to sponsor my wife. I'm a Canadian citizen; she's a US citizen. We were living in the US but found out with Obamacare we would have to pay $1,000US per month for only partial healthcare coverage. In Alberta I had paid $0 per month for full coverage. So we sent our application, packed all of our things, put them in storage and moved to Canada.

I'm disabled, have a fixed income and can't work. Of course we knew my wife couldn't work here until she got her PR card. We had limited finances (not enough to pay our monthly expenses) so we thought we could live on promotional credit card debt until she could go to work. I read on the forum here that a lot of people got approved in 6-8 months. So, full of hope we thought we'd make it through and enjoy a better quality of life.

Last August I was approved as a sponsor. Then Nothing happened with our application until last January. My wife got an e-mail saying they required court records, we had 60 days to get them to Ottawa and, if we didn't meet the deadline, our application would be considered abandoned. It took a full month for the courthouse to even print the records so we had to spend $125 to rush the documents to them late February. I felt certain we'd have the PR in March. Once again, no action for months. I quit checking staus because it was soul destroying to see the months go by, have our debt piling up and see no action.

During our wait, CIC lost our medical report, said they sent us an e-mail requesting it (never got it). Didn't even know it was missing until they mentioned it on their January court records request. I changed addresses on their website and it never updated for over a month.Their website often didn't work. I filed a paper application because it was so unreliable. When I called them during our wait I was simply told it was "in processing".

We moved to a small island in BC last year to save rent money. At the end of May our lease was up. However, our landlord wanted to use the cottage for the May long weekend so he said we could leave on May 15 instead. Perfect, we'd save half a month's rent that way. Woohoo! We had 3 days to pack. Once we were somewhat settled here, I checked our status at the end of May. It said "decision made"!!!

I immediately phoned CIC and they said our PR had been approved. A notice had been snail mailed to us the end of the first week of May. (They said in the January e-mail all correspondence would be through e-mail.) BUT the CPR expired on May 20!!!!!!! The agent was confused because they usually gave 6 weeks or more. It turns out they mailed it just in time for it to arrive the day we moved. We didn't check the mailbox that day. Amazing timing.

She sent an e-mail to Ottawa CPC, explaining what had happened. She asked what hours we'd be available for a phone call and we said anytime! We carried our cell phones wherever we went for 2 weeks but no call, no e-mail, no mail. I phoned and they said no response from Ottawa, we'd just have to wait. Another 2 weeks went by, I phoned and they said no response yet. Nothing they could do about it. He even added that it could take weeks or even months to send out another CPR, since the bureaucrats would be going on vacation soon. Then he said to have a nice day at the end of the call. In a subsequent phone call we found out the reason for the short expiry date was that our medical report was good for 1 year and it had expired!!! A new medical report will probably have to be obtained, we were told, but it's up to Ottawa. So it seems they expect us to fork out a few more hundred dollars because they did nothing with our application for months.

After that I thought it was time to contact my MP about it. I was told they cannot and will not interfere in the process.

So that's where we're at right now. Thousands and thousands of dollars in debt, no PR and no hope of any extra income anytime soon. Can't afford to move, can't work. Lying awake at night wondering how we'll survive.

We are going to lose all our goods in the US because we can't pay for storage anymore or to move it here. We will probably have to file for bankruptcy here because we won't be able to pay our debts when the promotional interest rate expires.

This has been the most prolonged frustrating, emotionally exhausting, stressful experience in my life. Our dream of living here has become a recurring daily nightmare, all thanks to CIC.

I thought I'd write our story here as a warning to any applicants here: Don't assume that because you're good people your applications will go through with few problems. To CIC it doesn't matter how poor, desperate, disabled etc. you are. You will only experience cold-hearted bureaucracy from them. If you're a Christian, don't assume that you'll have no problems getting a PR. God is no match for the gods of CIC, who hold your future in their hands, who do what they want when they want and are responsible to no one for their actions. Your faith will likely be shredded, like mine has been.

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
hcseeker said:
I thought I'd write our story here as a warning to any applicants here: Don't assume that because you're good people your applications will go through with few problems. To CIC it doesn't matter how poor, desperate, disabled etc. you are. You will only experience cold-hearted bureaucracy from them. If you're a Christian, don't assume that you'll have no problems getting a PR. God is no match for the gods of CIC, who hold your future in their hands, who do what they want when they want and are responsible to no one for their actions. Your faith will likely be shredded, like mine has been.
I'm really, truly sorry to see you at such a low point. You are right, CIC is a heartless bureaucracy.

Tell me though, why do you think Christians would have an easier/quicker time?

And has your wife been extending her visitor status all this time?

Tintintintin

Jun 25, 2015
Im confused about question #3 on IMM5481(Sponsor Evaluation). Its asking the net income for the 12month period preceding the date of application. I started working July 2014, is the amount that I should put in there the one in my notice of assessment for 2014? Or should I put July2014-July2015 income in which Ill just add my Net Income in 2014 plus the income I have from Jan-July 2015?

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
So go from either July to July or June to June. Either way you didn't work in June 2014 and July 2015 as it's not yet here. They still want the notice of assessment for 2014.
They want just 12 months. So don't add 2014 (12m) to 2015 (6-7m). That's 6-7 months more than they ask.

hcseeker

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
bigredmoose said:
I'm really, truly sorry to see you at such a low point. You are right, CIC is a heartless bureaucracy.

Tell me though, why do you think Christians would have an easier/quicker time?

And has your wife been extending her visitor status all this time?
Thanks for your empathy bigredmoose. Well, in Christianity the assumption is that God is all-powerful, he cares about us and provides our needs. When we pray to him, he's supposed to help us out. But despite our prayers and scores of other people's for months, the nightmare continues in full force. That's why I'm typing this at 4:00 in the morning, wondering why he would allow all this calamity when most people get approved much more quickly.

Yes, we've been extending her visitor status. How a bankruptcy could affect our application, I have no clue.

nicsmith147

Apr 9, 2014
Hey guys,

Did anyone get approval from a outland application,(where both applicant and sponsor were outside canada) by just providing a one way flight ticket as proof that you were actually planning on coming to canada?

I don't have much proof as I'm surprising my family and haven't started looking for a place to live or job yet....

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Hcseeker....We have been waiting since April 2014 and I figure its going to go the whole 29 to 35 months, the MP told us our application was in LA in around Jan 2015...an Immigration office told us in March 2015 it was back in Ottawa but we could not confirm this with case notes...Not one time did I assume, I hoped, but did not assume the application was going to take 6 to 8 months..I think you should go to the press....yours, I think, is a humanitarian situation...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hcseeker said:
Thanks for your empathy bigredmoose. Well, in Christianity the assumption is that God is all-powerful, he cares about us and provides our needs. When we pray to him, he's supposed to help us out. But despite our prayers and scores of other people's for months, the nightmare continues in full force. That's why I'm typing this at 4:00 in the morning, wondering why he would allow all this calamity when most people get approved much more quickly.

Yes, we've been extending her visitor status. How a bankruptcy could affect our application, I have no clue.
Do whatever you can not to declare bankruptcy. You cannot sponsor a spouse while bankrupt. Declaring bankruptcy while your application is in progress will most likely result in the application being refused.