+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

flittering

Jun 18, 2015
Baba88, Arranged marriage is legal, but it's not common in Western countries like Canada and the United States. When you add in factors like not meeting your wife before the marriage, the only thing you even knew about her was that she was pretty, and that you received large valuable gifts at the time of the wedding, it begins to look like you were paid to marry her so that she could live in Canada. The fact that you had been seeing someone else for 8 years and continued to see her after you were wed won't help your case.

I'm not trying to be mean; I'm only pointing out that, right now, you are in a perfect storm of circumstances that will not not help - and may harm - her application. I would wait a few months, visit her if you can, send and save handwritten letters, and call often in order to build up proof of relationship.

Then again, I'm new to this board and someone else might have a better suggestion for you.

ETA: username of other person.

I feel so bad for the woman you married. Prized for her innocence. The irony is gobsmacking.

toffboss

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 May 2015
AOR Received.
15 Jun 2015
File Transfer...
13 Jul 2015
Med's Done....
15 Apr 2015
Passport Req..
23 Jul 2015; IN PROCES: 28 Jul 2015: DM: 6 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
10 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
19 Sept 2015
Majromax said:
So you don't have feelings for your wife, you do have feelings for a long-term girlfriend, and one of the first things you did after getting back to Canada after the marriage was commit infidelity?

Perhaps something is not coming across because of a language barrier, but this seems exactly like the kind of non-genuine relationship that CIC looks for.

Speaking personally, if my understanding of your situation is correct then your actions are morally reprehensible, both towards your now-wife whom you are not honoring and to your girlfriend who's commitment you have disavowed.

The legal standard is not merely a valid wedding, it is a genuine marriage relationship. Given what you suggest, your marriage -- despite being legally valid and presumably legitimate -- will look a great deal like one conducted solely for immigration purposes.

That you cannot document an ongoing relationship (because it doesn't really exist) will likely make your application more difficult.

Immigration lawyers have no power to speed up the process beyond simply ensuring that all the forms are filled out fully and accurately and by handling any further requests for information. Ordinarily, users here tend to advise against legal representation as a waste of money, but your circumstances are difficult enough that the general advice may not apply.
Thumbs up to you and to the others for the wonderful advises.

I feel sorry for both of them. Goodluck to him.

toffboss

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 May 2015
AOR Received.
15 Jun 2015
File Transfer...
13 Jul 2015
Med's Done....
15 Apr 2015
Passport Req..
23 Jul 2015; IN PROCES: 28 Jul 2015: DM: 6 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
10 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
19 Sept 2015
baba88 said:
yaar majromax and friends, you guys make it sound like i am wrong and bad guy. you tell me brothers, i go back home, my parents forced me to marry this woman, all my family said this is a good thing to do and my gf back home is non muslim so i didnt have future with her either so i agreed to marry this woman for better future/happier family... but one thing i feel bad is that i betrayed my ex gf and lied to her about going on a vacation and hid my marriage and then didnt tell my new wife about my on going relationship either because i thought with time everything will be fine. But yes, i havent started sponsoring yet because i need to come up with money/documents first and get a job...but why is my case complicatedd? i have pictures and proof of marriage? arranged marriage is legal?
based on what i read, your playing safe. You agreed to the marriage because youre pressured by your parents (you save yoursef the hassle of being nagged by your parents) AND you" dont have a future" with your ex gf ( that poor lady. Did you really think that after being with her for 8 years?!)

You made some bad calls with your life. Now you need to man up and face reality.

Youre married now. To give your application a chance, maybe you should try to do the right thing with your wife. Visit her, get to know here more, spend some quality time and try to build a relationship with her.

Next time be honest not only to others but to yourself :) and dont post things here if youre not ready to hear out some criticisms.

hillaryh

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 23,2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 6, 2015
Med's Done....
May 3, 2015
LANDED..........
DM- Dec 6, 2015
Wow, I'm disgusted reading this "sob story". Poor "wife". no one deserves to be treated that way. Grow up.

amostpainfulwait

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
27-07-2015; AOR2: 03-08-2015
baba88 said:
I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS, please advice/answer them, my case is bit diff. m canadian citizen paki born, I got married quickly in Pakistan in april and came back 2 weeks after my wedding, it was arranged so i didnt know my wife prior to the wedding or had any contacts, my parents showed her to me she was pretty so i said yes and got married in a matter of one week and rushedbut have plenty of pics of nikah rukshati valima during thefew weeks stay in pak, did all the funcitons within one week.
From your initial post it seems like your consent was there in the marriage. It hardly sounds like one which has been forced onto you.

Right now, you are betraying the trust of your wife, and your family, as well as hers.

For once, please try placing yourself in your wife's shoes and reverse the roles. How would you feel if your wife was engaged in an intimate relationship with someone else right now? What if she was betraying your trust in the same manner you are betraying hers right now? It isn't a nice thought now, is it (and if you are indifferent to something like that, then I don't know how you can consider yourself a husband to her)? I really do feel sorry for her. I sincerely hope for her sake at least that you change your situation (you very well know what is right and what you need to do).

Remember that you are accountable for that which you do...Remember that there are consequences for your actions...especially since you are a Muslim, I leave you with this: fear your Creator.

asz

Jun 15, 2015
I have a quick question.. its very urgent . kindly help me on this.

My PNP Ontario application is still under processing. Once the processing is complete and I get my PNP, I would want to apply for Permanent Residency.

My question is that my marital status is single when I applied, and got my PNP. After receiving my nomination (and before applying for my PR), I want to go back to Pakistan and get married.
After getting married can I apply for PR using on the same nomination, and with my wife as a dependent (who is a Pakistani citizen)?
Will i do like that as she will be in Pakistan and I will be in Canada during this time?

Please help.

vicky2patel

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7,2014
File Transfer...
Dec 12,2014 transferred to NDVO
Med's Request
In-process on Oct 9,2015.
Med's Done....
June 2,2014, re-medical request on oct 11,2015.
Interview........
Waived as per GCMS-notes. Eligibility passed.
Passport Req..
Dec 14,2015.
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23,2015. (Received passport with Visa)
LANDED..........
Jan 11,2016.
toffboss said:
you should try to email or call them.
According to information i provided in those forums i should not be calling to Canadian Visa office in Delhi untill the processing time over.

Processing time for Application in delhi is approximately 16 months. My file is still in process and completed 6 months so far. ( file reached in delhi on Jan 9,2015 so about 6 months. )

My question is without e-mail or calling Visa office which i can not do right now it can jeoperdize my file process time even further , how long will it be until i hear anything?

Thanks for taking time to answer my question.

vicky2patel

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7,2014
File Transfer...
Dec 12,2014 transferred to NDVO
Med's Request
In-process on Oct 9,2015.
Med's Done....
June 2,2014, re-medical request on oct 11,2015.
Interview........
Waived as per GCMS-notes. Eligibility passed.
Passport Req..
Dec 14,2015.
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23,2015. (Received passport with Visa)
LANDED..........
Jan 11,2016.
asz said:
I have a quick question.. its very urgent . kindly help me on this.

My PNP Ontario application is still under processing. Once the processing is complete and I get my PNP, I would want to apply for Permanent Residency.

My question is that my marital status is single when I applied, and got my PNP. After receiving my nomination (and before applying for my PR), I want to go back to Pakistan and get married.
After getting married can I apply for PR using on the same nomination, and with my wife as a dependent (who is a Pakistani citizen)?
Will i do like that as she will be in Pakistan and I will be in Canada during this time?

Please help.
Short and Simple. I am not sure about time period might take to complete PR process but wait untill you recieve your PR .

Once you have PR you can safely apply for your wife or future wife. I am not an expert on this matter but i had friend in a similar situation and just mentioning steps he took
for this process.

Good luck.

Sharcan

Jun 19, 2015
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7,2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Morning! :) I read that the OWP is for inland applicants....i just can't seem to find any info on Outland sponsoring a spouse and work permits..can anyone direkt me to info?

I am sponsoring him, a german citizin, we are living in germany at the moment, moving back in october at which point i will start a new job...he'd obviously like to work ASAP!

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Sharcan, I just Google your question. And I find an answer in CIC News. The Canadian Immigration Newsletter.

Sharcan

Jun 19, 2015
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7,2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
MaryL said:
Sharcan, I just Google your question. And I find an answer in CIC News. The Canadian Immigration Newsletter.
thanks MaryL! Soooo...help me out here! ;) Did you understand that as I did?...our application for spousal sponsor outland goes out next week, we apply for a temporary work permit at the same time..it states we would have dual intent-he needs a work permit to work AND we want to establish ourselves in canada. Sheesh...this is so confusing!

Anyone have a similar experience/gone through this?

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
That's what I understood it to mean. Two applications, same time. I get lost at times as well. I will keep reading and let you know if I see anything later today. But maybe see if you can find a senior member who has at least OWP. And inbox them. Check their profile to see if they are active. Wouldn't hurt.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Sharcan, I found a thread on here...
one-year pilot OWP for spouses and common-law partners
Good luck

Tintintintin

Jun 25, 2015
Hi, I just wanted to ask is it okay to sponsor a spouse even if you are a PR for only a year? (I became PR last May 2014 only) thanks in advance for the answer

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Tintintintin said:
Hi, I just wanted to ask is it okay to sponsor a spouse even if you are a PR for only a year? (I became PR last May 2014 only) thanks in advance for the answer
Yes, it is - There's no rule for that.