+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

khurram19801

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
Jasmeet09 said:
Thanks Maria...Can anyone help me by explaining that how upfront medical works ? If I file my husband's pr and sponsorship file together in canada then can I go for upfront medical ? what should I tell doctor ? because when I got my medical done then I had my file number with me and I sent the receipt to embassy. If I do upfront medical and I have not filed the application with CIC yet then how I need to present this to CIC ? I am planning that I should complete all document in first go only ! Your response is appreciable !
same thing here my wife sponser me and get apply pr both case my wife get pr in canada and my case will be sent to pakistan islamabad in 2011 and still in unerprocess and Allhamdollilah i got all stages rec PPR and sent passport to embassy for stamping ,visa in month plz pray for me, ya bohat bari ziyat ha Allah pak hum sab K miya B V par apna raham karra our jiss aziyat say main guzra ho koi b na guzra but zendagi na bohat sabak diya any one want shear experence and advoline text me whats app and viber 03204700911 lahore pray for me i reach to my wife and my son i have 7 year old son i did nt seen 7 year ago

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
sonajatt said:
Spousal immigration application is underway and in last stages, hoping to receive pr in 60-90 days. Medical was requested by cic and submitted last month. Now child is born, what's the process to get child's pr along with spouse?
Go back through the forms and update them to include the new child. Then submit the forms that changed to the visa office along with a receipt for the additional fees paid (if any) and a cover letter explaining the reason for the new submission. Make sure you reference the File Number in the letter so they can find your file and add it to the application.

The baby will also require a medical examination, but will not require a police certificate. Infant medicals are very simple, so if the baby is healthy this is not an issue.

TheFishNChip

Oct 19, 2014
I have a question that should be simple to answer but as yet I haven't found any info on it and need some help!

I am a British citizen currently in living in Montreal under the International Experience Canada scheme for 1 year (I will be 31 at the end of this year so ineligible to reapply again). I live here with my spouse who is a Canadian citizen and we're about to apply for a spouse sponsorship visa.

The back of my current visa states "If you wish to extend your stay in Canada as a temporary resident (visitor, student or worker), you must complete an application form to ensure that you receive your new document before the old one expires".

My question is...can I apply for said extension of my current temporary resident visa while the spouse sponsorship visa is in process? I am hoping the answer is yes so that I can continue to work while waiting for permanent resident status via the spouse sponsorship route. There doesn't, however, seem to be any mention online of both applications running in parallel and working in conjunction with one another.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
TheFishNChip said:
I have a question that should be simple to answer but as yet I haven't found any info on it and need some help!

I am a British citizen currently in living in Montreal under the International Experience Canada scheme for 1 year (I will be 31 at the end of this year so ineligible to reapply again). I live here with my spouse who is a Canadian citizen and we're about to apply for a spouse sponsorship visa.

The back of my current visa states "If you wish to extend your stay in Canada as a temporary resident (visitor, student or worker), you must complete an application form to ensure that you receive your new document before the old one expires".

My question is...can I apply for said extension of my current temporary resident visa while the spouse sponsorship visa is in process? I am hoping the answer is yes so that I can continue to work while waiting for permanent resident status via the spouse sponsorship route. There doesn't, however, seem to be any mention online of both applications running in parallel and working in conjunction with one another.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
IEC visas unfortunately don't benefits from implied status which means you'll need to stop working as soon as the IEC expires. Your only option to keep working is if your employer is able to obtain an approved LMIA which would allow you to apply for a closed work permit tied to that specific employer. To continue working without interruption you would need to have the closed work permit in hand before your IEC expires.

michaella1964

Nov 16, 2012
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
AIP 21-01-2014
Med's Request
23-01-2014
hi i was wondering if anyone knows why getting any movement on ur case takes for ever,we are in the last stages and it says in process for months now without any movement we have been asked for a copy of passport we send in,now we dont know whats going on,we are in going on our 10 months in this stage is there someone we can phone or talk too,we did phone the info line but she couldnt tell us naything,just that since my husband declared a child,but has no contact with the child or childs mother,they may want a medical for this child but she isnt going to come here ever,since he has no contact,so if they do ask for this medical how can we get that done since we have no contact,thanks for any reply

ffarin11

Jun 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
April 28, 2011
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
June 15, 2013
Med's Done....
June 23, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 10
Hello advisers: my frind's date of birth on marraige certificate and nikahnama slightly differs from her passport. They never noticed that mistake/error and submitted the application. Now cic sent an email asking for an explanation. What to do in this case? is it enough to saying that it's clerical error and amend that? is cic going to accept this or they will just judge based on the document and refuse it and say it's a misrepresntation?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
ffarin11 said:
Hello advisers: my frind's date of birth on marraige certificate and nikahnama slightly differs from her passport. They never noticed that mistake/error and submitted the application. Now cic sent an email asking for an explanation. What to do in this case? is it enough to saying that it's clerical error and amend that? is cic going to accept this or they will just judge based on the document and refuse it and say it's a misrepresntation?
Send a birth certificate to help with the problem. I would send a certified statement stating the clerical error, not just a personal statement on their own.
Really? This wasn't noticed until it was brought up by CIC? That is kind of hard to believe. It would have been easier to deal with it if they addressed this discrepancy to begin with rather than having a VO call them out on it.

ffarin11

Jun 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
April 28, 2011
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
June 15, 2013
Med's Done....
June 23, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 10
They already sent a personal statement email right the way the very next of receivkng the email. Should they send an affidavid now?

tink23 said:
Send a birth certificate to help with the problem. I would send a certified statement stating the clerical error, not just a personal statement on their own.
Really? This wasn't noticed until it was brought up by CIC? That is kind of hard to believe. It would have been easier to deal with it if they addressed this discrepancy to begin with rather than having a VO call them out on it.
[/quote

natodincan

Oct 6, 2014
Am I understanding correctly that my husband can just cross the border as he usually does when visiting and stay with me while we await pr? He doesn't need a visitor visa? I thought that if he was staying longer than 2 weeks he would need a visitor visa?

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
natodincan said:
Am I understanding correctly that my husband can just cross the border as he usually does when visiting and stay with me while we await pr? He doesn't need a visitor visa? I thought that if he was staying longer than 2 weeks he would need a visitor visa?
Is your husband from a Visa Exempt country?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
natodincan said:
if your husband is visa exempt, yes he can go to the border and seek entry while his application processes. he is visa exempt, which means he does NOT require a visa to enter. all he needs is his passport to seek entry. if he has an application submitted already, then it's always a good idea to bring copies of everything so they can confirm his application. it's not guaranteed the CBSA officer will allow him to initially stay for 6 mo. It doesn't really matter. once he's in, he can then apply to extend his stay online and request an addition 6 or 12 months while he waits for approval. when he crosses, it's not advised to bring all of his belongings with him. he should only be bringing what is necessary as a visitor - meaning clothes, small electronics, personal items. if he shows up with a uhaul, he will be turned away.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Can any one will get the Child Care Tax Benifit (CCTB) while on implied status because waiting for OWP/Spousal app/PR app?

Thank you kindly.

Nighty

Oct 10, 2014
Hello,

My newest question is about documenting me and my partner's relationship. I'm wondering what is acceptable proof and how to print out messages that show the date and time. I assume I have to send print outs of all evidence. I have saved screen shots of messages sent on an app called line, but the dates are only shown in the details of the file... I know that emails show the date. Is it recommended to have a date stamp on pictures taken?

Also wondering what would be accepted as evidence regarding showing proof of living together. I suppose a rental agreement with both names?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

Manere

Dec 5, 2012
Quebec
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/03/2015
Doc's Request.
4/11/2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
File Transfer...
4/05/2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2014
Hi everyone!!

I just got a little mix up completing my forms for the sponsorship package.

And since I intend to live in Quebec, its suppose to be "different" than the others provinces. So i hope someone can help me please!!! Here is the situation:

In the CIC website, recommend to sent all the sponsorship application package together, that means, the application of the SPONSOR, and the application of the principal applicant THE SPONSORED, and they even recommend include all the FEES in the application package to process faster the application.

Now I am filling the forms for the PRINCIPAL APPLICANT, the SPONSORED, and then i saw this:

" Do you intend to reside in Quebec?

If you are being sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in the province of Quebec and you intend to settle there, you will receive from your sponsor an additional set of instructions and a form, the Application for Selection Certificate, to complete, sign and return to your sponsor.

If your sponsor meets all of the conditions of Quebec's provincial legislation to provide an undertaking for you, a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) will be issued to you. A CSQ is a document issued by the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI) indicating that you are a family class immigration candidate being sponsored by a resident of Quebec who meets the conditions of the provincial legislation.
"

and I guessed i can continue doing what I first read in the CIC website, which was sent the WHOLE application, then when I was in the begining of the IMM 0008 form, i got this in the question 7:

"a) Have you received your Certificat de Selection du Quebec (CSQ)?

b) If yes, please indicate the number

c) If not, when did you apply for your CSQ?
"

So, im confused right now, cause i have not apply yet .....so what i should do???

Saludos!!!!

Nigelle

Oct 20, 2014
Leon,

After seeking advice from a Immigration Lawyer I have decided to change my PR application, that is almost ready to send from Inland to Out. I am a New Zealand citizen being sponsored by my Canadian spouse and we decided to take this route mainly because of the wait times for Inland at the moment. My question is, for IMM0008 under "Current Country of Residence" will I put Canada or New Zealand? I have been travelling between Canada and New Zealand for about 6 years and my last entry was March 2014 which is when we began this application process.