+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

hamzahafeez said:
As far as i know there is no min income required. As long as you were not getting some sort of aid like EI or anything. But if I were you i would go do nikkah function does not matter if huge or not paper work should all be good. I know people who only had nikkah and won pictures description as wedding ceremony. I personally had a very small function as most of my relatives are here. But you need to show relationship. So you can come bak to canada work here till you file taxes next year then apply for spousal meanwhile you should use whatsapp and save all chat send spouse money and gifts every month via western union save receipts. Then file after you can show your income from last year. This way your case would be strong. Thats what i did personally to show relationship waited 6 months...unless you already have a relationship on going...and i came back to Canada after a 2 weeks
I would advise you, as previously stated, to have as many functions as you can even if small in size. Look, right now it may seem odd to have all the functions when your wife is not coming with you to Canada, but if you want the process to be easy on you, please try to have all the wedding customs/traditions such as Mehndi, Rukhsati/Nikah + Walima as well as going out pictures with you and your spouse as well as family. This will solidify your case. It doesn't matter if people on the forum believe your case is true even if you did not have all the functions because we are not the ones evaluating it. It is the visa officer who is evaluating it so try to fulfill his expectations and don't make him question/second guess/wonder your application/relationship. And just to give you more information about what they expect, do this when you finally go over there.

1) Make sure there are CLEAR pictures of you and your wife signing the Nikah. They don't want to see JUST your hands but your face as well while signing otherwise they don't know who is actually signing. So 2 very good pictures of yourself and your spouse signing the Nikah nama.
2) Please please please include pictures of yourself and your wife as you are leaving the wedding hall because this is what they consider "rukhsati". If your family allows and doesn't mind, try to include a photo of the Rukhsati in which someone is holding the Quran over your wife's head as she leaves since many visa officers have a stupid A4 sheet that tells them to look for this. It is also preferred to have some pictures, maybe 1 or 2 as you and your spouse arrive at your new home/hotel or whatever.
3) PLEASE PLEASE include pictures of your wife and yourself for each wedding ceremony (Mehndi/Nikah/Rukhsati/Walima ALONG WITH CLOSE FAMILY MEMBERS **** YOUR PARENTS/SIBLINGS. It's also good to include pictures with friends and distant family BUT MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE PHOTOS with both of your parents. BASICALLY TRY TO HAVE 1 PHOTO FOR EACH EVENT IN WHICH YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE + BOTH OF YOUR PARENTS AND HER PARENTS. SO 1 BIG HAPPY FAMILY PICTURE. Make sure everyone is smiling, ask (force :p ) them if you have to, BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS SMILING ESPECIALLY FOR THIS PHOTO. Other photos should also be happy. Trust me when I say this, people have had applications delayed just because of photos in which the visa officer felt people were not happy/smiling and then questioned the relationship.
4) Post wedding photos should also be happy/smiling.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Red.Rose said:
Trust me when I say this, people have had applications delayed just because of photos in which the visa officer felt people were not happy/smiling and then questioned the relationship.
i thought they paid more attention to how comfortable the bride and groom looked?

when i was compiling the photos my goal was to show the progression of each function and to show all the guests. i didn't pay attention to the smiles so i only had smiling guests in about 30% of the photos. if they delay my wife's case because of this, i'll just be done with all of this. not going to wait for any visa officer to do "further review" on the pictures and add another 12 months to the wait. every day there's a new red flag that i start seeing in my application. so stressful.

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015

flx2015 said:
i thought they paid more attention to how comfortable the bride and groom looked?

when i was compiling the photos my goal was to show the progression of each function and to show all the guests. i didn't pay attention to the smiles so i only had smiling guests in about 30% of the photos. if they delay my wife's case because of this, i'll just be done with all of this. not going to wait for any visa officer to do "further review" on the pictures and add another 12 months to the wait. every day there's a new red flag that i start seeing in my application. so stressful.
Don't worry. I was not specific in my statement. When I said people not smiling in photos, I SPECIFICALLY referring to the TWO most important people, the bride + groom. It is also good to have the parents smile as well and TRUST ME most of my photos did not have everyone smiling (that would just look creepy). For example, my father in law was not smiling AT ALL on Rukhsati day, and understandably so, because his daughter was leaving home BUT he was smiling 15 days after on the Walima. Basically my point is this, have good photos in which bride and groom look comfortable (and I think the best indicator of this is a smile) plus have some photos in which close family (parents) smiling.

Hope that clears it up.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Red.Rose said:
Don't worry. I was not specific in my statement. When I said people not smiling in photos, I SPECIFICALLY referring to the TWO most important people, the bride + groom. It is also good to have the parents smile as well and TRUST ME most of my photos did not have everyone smiling (that would just look creepy). For example, my father in law was not smiling AT ALL on Rukhsati day, and understandably so, because his daughter was leaving home BUT he was smiling 15 days after on the Walima. Basically my point is this, have good photos in which bride and groom look comfortable (and I think the best indicator of this is a smile) plus have some photos in which close family (parents) smiling.

Hope that clears it up.
bride and groom looked comfy in my photos so i don't have any problems there. the reason so few of the guests were smiling in my case was because 90% of the photos i sent were all posed, and you know how uncles and aunties like doing that "respectable wala pose" when asked to pose for a photo.

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015

flx2015 said:
bride and groom looked comfy in my photos so i don't have any problems there. the reason so few of the guests were smiling in my case was because 90% of the photos i sent were all posed, and you know how uncles and aunties like doing that "respectable wala pose" when asked to pose for a photo.
NO one knows that better than me :) Pakistani people will be happy while the wedding preps are underway as well as when they are standing somewhere at the wedding event, but as soon as they come on stage for a pic, they have this really artistic face which screams (I'm least interested in being here) :p

Matheeno

Aug 25, 2016

^You all need to attend a pathan wedding...looool. fprget artistic; downright scary. Hehe

Btw: Eid ul Adha mubarak guys. Hope pprs come in batches like gulab jamun!

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015

Matheeno said:
^You all need to attend a pathan wedding...looool. fprget artistic; downright scary. Hehe

Btw: Eid ul Adha mubarak guys. Hope pprs come in batches like gulab jamun!
InshAllah :)

We need to build each other's spirits up!

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015

I saw this post (Link: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/human-rights-commission-asks-for-sponsorship-application-inquiry/article31808592/) I know the case centers around parents but the central argument that it is discriminatory for some people to be processed quicker than other people still holds for spousal apps. We can raise the same question, why do European spouses (in general) get here faster than our spouses? This too is discriminatory. Basic point is this, the professor who is complaining of this delay in parent applications got in touch with the Canadian Human Rights Commission, and I BELIEVE WE TOO CAN RAISE THIS ISSUE AS WELL. I think we should all email/contact the Canadian Human Rights Commission and highlight our concern!

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Red.Rose said:
try to include a photo of the Rukhsati in which someone is holding the Quran over your wife's head as she leaves since many visa officers have a stupid A4 sheet that tells them to look for this.
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un. May Allah help you.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

ciscoccie said:
*may allah help the CIC

fixed.

if tomorrow all of us decided to do our weddings in gorilla costumes, the CIC will interpret that as a new islamic tradition, and anyone who doesn't get married in a gorilla suit will be called in for an interview or be rejected. same thing happened with this "rasm" of doing rukhsati with quran over the head. it's not an islamic tradition, but the visa officers actually think it is.

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015

ciscoccie said:
:p I don't support such things, and as you may see from my post, I am referring to fulfilling the stupid requirements cic holds. I am personally against it as well since it too is a deviation from our religion. But since MOST Pakistani applicants do this, cic questions this a lot. Again, for your reassurance, I DO NOT SUPPORT IT. And yes, please pray for me and ask Allah to help me since I need it for my app and my admission to medical school next year :)

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015

ciscoccie said:
I would invite you to read my past post where I criticize all these practices.
Here it is:
And this thing has been in me for a long period of time and I wanted to get it out. Do you know who's fault it is when the visa officers have a sheet of paper telling them what to check when they get a case? Like the wedding ceremonies, dresses, customs? IT'S OUR FAULT. It's the people who have applied before, who are applying now and who will apply in the future. THEY HAVE MADE marriage into a set of steps that must be taken in order for it to be LEGITIMATE. Such as mehndi, bride make up, rukhsati, Quran over head, and so on. This is our fault. When Pakistani people send in their applications, instead of emphasizing things that CANNOT be faked like how you and your spouse feel about each other, what you talk about, what your thoughts are about politics, music, literature, life in general, THESE People emphasize things like "mehndi dance, mehndi cups holding henna, rukhsati, Quran over head, milk in a cup and so on". What do you think the officers will believe is true about this culture when 99% of people do these things in order to make their relationship seem "genuine". And ironically enough, these are the very things that can be faked. How hard is it to get 100 people (actors) to attend a marriage dressed up? Not very hard when your intention is to get to Canada by lying. Hasn't anyone ever seen a bollywood movie? How real does that marriage look in the movies yet we all know they are fake!

Basically my point is this, it is our own fault that we have given these officers a stupid list of cultural things that we do and they think that this list is carved in stone and every relationship should be judged based on it. We are screwing each other over, our own brothers, sisters and Pakistanis.

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

flx2015 said:
*may allah help the CIC

fixed.

if tomorrow all of us decided to do our weddings in gorilla costumes, the CIC will interpret that as a new islamic tradition, and anyone who doesn't get married in a gorilla suit will be called in for an interview or be rejected. same thing happened with this "rasm" of doing rukhsati with quran over the head. it's not an islamic tradition, but the visa officers actually think it is.
I think things are being confused. My point is specific to Quran only, if you want to do a milk, custard, pudding ritual go for it since it is no where mentioned in religion but could be a cultural thing however I request everyone not to disrespect Quran as this is Kalam Allah. Putting a Quran on the head of a girl while doing rukhsati is considered a disrespect towards Quran by a large number of scholars if not all, in short you are saying disrespect Quran because we need to please CIC and because of which I said Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un. Surely we belong to Allah and to Him shall we return. It is a everyone rights to do what he believe is right.

hamzahafeez

Aug 13, 2016

Red.Rose said:
I would advise you, as previously stated, to have as many functions as you can even if small in size. Look, right now it may seem odd to have all the functions when your wife is not coming with you to Canada, but if you want the process to be easy on you, please try to have all the wedding customs/traditions such as Mehndi, Rukhsati/Nikah + Walima as well as going out pictures with you and your spouse as well as family. This will solidify your case.

Well obviously pictures do matter but its the relationship you need to show. If you had a wedding with all mentioned functions but the story behind marriage is not strong, as mostly in our culture marriages are still planned by parents so there would not be any ongoing relationship. The officer would surely ask for proofs to show relationship as a 1 western union transfer few calls in 1 month could look fake but calls over the peroiod of 4 months can not look fake. I had seen many friends who had huge functions went on honey moon and sent all photos still after 8 months they were asked to show message conversation since you have applied for the case calls made money sent and visits. On the other hand if you dont go super fast in applying the file and wait so you can build relationship its better. I do got lucky though as visa officer might be lenient as i had only nikkah pictures and on the same venue same day walima was done. The reason behind that was wanted to do function in canada so didnt do walima properly over there You should do if you have huge families over there. I definitely barely met pictures and function criteria and i was confused about it too but i did mention where my family members wand friends were (CANADA) so i am planning to celebrate it with them there. The only thing in my favour was the time i took to apply lol ;D firstly me and my wife are super lazy lmao secondly i made her change her last name on all documents like passport so it took a while. I was also looking for a decent lawyer but in I am in Edmonton where pakistani population is not like in toronto or calgary. Who o ever i visted told me that Pakistan's case is very different from india and require double work asked me they would charge double fee as most of the lawyers here are from India. I got pissed and started working on application by myself. That all took a long time . Meanwhile we had long conversations in 6 months so i never deleted any chat on whatsapp lol....i had more than 3000 pages of chat so I printed roughly 300 to 400 pages of it. I paid her phone bills with ding application as calling from canada is expensive so we did all our phone calls on facetime took screenshot of them and printed out. Only my parents were there on the function as sis is doctor in Australia she couldnt come, brother couldnt get leave either he is in Canada. But you should mention all that on a separate sheet with pictures. So if any question arises in officer's mind he would see the note made and they wont waste 3 months in verifying extra proof requests. Each case is different do your best whatever is available dont haste in applying. I know wait is difficult but you have waited for your spouse 25 plus years take some time to file properly. If you can do all functions do it if you cant explain it.

MN51214

Star Member
Aug 30, 2016

thank you Naveed Ali for dettailed reply.

whtat is the postal address to send original documents by TCS?

thanks