Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

I know I've asked once before and received mixed responses so I'm going to ask again. Don't shoot me ::)

Seeing how people are asked for remeds and it eats up few weeks to a month for the appointment, file transfer and updates by CIC. My hubby's medical expires in December. Is it safe (allowed) to get remeds done before we get a request for remeds?

I just want to make sure there aren't any sort of potential delays.

Thoughts?

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Landing_PR said:
I know I've asked once before and received mixed responses so I'm going to ask again. Don't shoot me ::)

Seeing how people are asked for remeds and it eats up few weeks to a month for the appointment, file transfer and updates by CIC. My hubby's medical expires in December. Is it safe (allowed) to get remeds done before we get a request for remeds?

Thoughts?
I guess u cannot do re med by urself
Unless officially requested by cic..

SM205

Star Member
May 20, 2016

Landing_PR said:

Thoughts?
You can't do Re-med without having the request letter from CIC (upfront medical (first time) can be done without having any document issued by CIC though), you can call CIC for ultimate satisfaction lol

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

mdkath said:
I guess nobody has filed case since this change happened..
U just ask cic by email..

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

gotocanada2016 said:
Hi everyone,
I sent this document via email, case specific enquiry and by post. (No way they can miss all 3 right?)

So my question is: does anyone have the actual LVO address where I can send this, maybe the one I sent it to might be wrong.

Immigration and Medical Services Division
High Commission of Canada
Canada House
Trafalgar Square London,
UK
SW1Y 5BJ

Please someone help with any other address my document should go to.

Many thanks.
I guess u should just send an email to lvo stating them u sent docs thrice by diff methods plus ask them the correct address.
Idnimmigration@international.gc.ca

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

mdkath said:
that's correct, they don't require originals anymore. however if i were you, i'd get those photocopies attested/certified anyway even though they don't have that listed as a requirement.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Landing_PR said:

Thoughts?
why do you think they'll ask you for a remed? there's quite a few people who never got a remed request even though their meds were about to expire in 1-2 months.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

mdkath said:
Thanks guys! Appreciate it. Did you (or your sponsor) get everything attested in Pakistan or Canada?
i actually sent in originals whereever possible because i'm a december 2015 applicant. as for the photocopies of things such as id cards and passports, yes i did get them attested by a notary public in pakistan.

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

mdkath said:
Thanks guys! Appreciate it. Did you (or your sponsor) get everything attested in Pakistan or Canada?
some i did in pakistan.. And some my husband did them in canada ..

gotocanada2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016

HRK said:
I guess u should just send an email to lvo stating them u sent docs thrice by diff methods plus ask them the correct address.
Idnimmigration@international.gc.ca
That's what I've done. I can't believe I'd have to go through another 30days for this.

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

gotocanada2016 said:
That's what I've done. I can't believe I'd have to go through another 30days for this.
That's ridic..
call them ..

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017

flx2015 said:
why do you think they'll ask you for a remed? there's quite a few people who never got a remed request even though their meds were about to expire in 1-2 months.
I don't know Flx...my paranoia is kicking in ???

SM205 said:
You can't do Re-med without having the request letter from CIC (upfront medical (first time) can be done without having any document issued by CIC though), you can call CIC for ultimate satisfaction lol
I could do that but I just talked to one of my coworkers and he said to wait it out. Like you and few other members stated that a letter is required for remed. *sigh* :-X

Shazif

Jan 18, 2016

If any of the members have missed on notice i am copying from website just to pray that system actually comes to fast track specially for those who are waiting for family reunification including myself.

Notice – Government addresses spousal backlog and wait times
Ottawa, June 13, 2016 – As part of its commitment to family reunification, the Government of Canada will grant permanent residence to more spouses, partners and dependent children of Canadian citizens and permanent residents this year. This will significantly reduce the backlog of existing applications and speed up processing times going forward.

Each year, the Government sets how many permanent residents Canada intends to admit through its various immigration categories during the year. This is done with the annual immigration levels plan. The plan for 2016 reflects the Government's key priorities for immigration, which include bringing more families together.

This year, the Government increased the number of spaces allowed for spouses, partners and dependent children by 14 000, bringing it up to 62 000 spaces.

Over the past few years, more people have applied to come to Canada in the spousal category than there was space for in previous immigration levels plans; this has created a backlog. This year, the Government will reduce this backlog.

Tackling the spousal backlog will ease the uncertainty faced by spouses and partners wanting to move forward and build their lives in Canada with their family and help them integrate into our communities and our economy.

Increasing the number of admission spaces for spouses and partners is one of the measures the Government has taken to support family reunification. Through Budget 2016, $25 million was also allocated to support faster and more predictable processing times for family sponsorship.

What this means for applicants
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has begun to work on reducing its current spousal sponsorship backlog.

Reducing the backlog means complete and straightforward spousal sponsorship applications will be finalized faster.

The backlog reduction applies to applications received through the family class (overseas processing) as well as the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class (in-Canada processing).

All applications will continue to undergo the necessary screening to ensure that individuals do not pose a health, safety or security risk to Canadians and that the relationships are genuine.

If you have already submitted an application to sponsor your spouse or partner, IRCC may contact you to advise you if we need additional information to help process your application. You do not need to contact us, but please make sure your file is up to date.

If you are contacted, please respond to any communication you receive from us within the time frame provided in order to ensure that we can properly process your application. The success of our efforts relies on your cooperation.

If you have not yet submitted an application to sponsor your spouse or partner but plan to do so, the application will not be dealt with as part of our backlog reduction efforts, but it will be processed as quickly as possible.

IRCC's work to reduce the backlog will eventually benefit all spousal applicants—whether they are already in the backlog or submitting a new application—by bringing down wait times for all.

gotocanada2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016

HRK said:
That's ridic..
call them ..
I rang this number 02070046000, i couldn't speak with anybody. The lady that finally picked the phone told me that department wasn't for immigration, hence cannot give me any number to reach, any information regarding the actual address my document shld be sent to...bla bla...now i know what it's like to deal with CIC.

Bilal Malik

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016

HRK said:
That's ridic..
call them ..
hey sir meri wife ne muj sponsor kya hai mera case Canada se apply hua hai mene ye pochna ke ppr ya remd ki email muj aye gye ya meri wife ko I am principal of applicant plz tel me