+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasan9999 said:
After 30 days you can send a reminder by email.

I remember I got one note after 45 days....

Hasan
thank you :)
ImABule said:
They ask you to wait until after 31 calendar days from when you request the notes.
I guess we will wait a few more days and see what happens.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Galano1213 said:
I ordered mine and did not get them after the 30 days so I sent a email and received them the same day

https://www.priv.gc.ca/cu-cn/index_e.asp
hello Galano, who and where did you send the email too? Just want to know in case the 30 days pass and we still don't receive anything by email... Thanks :)

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
farhana766 said:
Hello Juwelsingh,

My husband Application name is “Sponsorship Application” when he click he saw Sponsorship-------------

1.We received your application to sponsor Applicant name on June 12, 2014.

2.We started processing your application on August 6, 2014.

3.We sent you correspondence on August 6, 2014 about the decision on your application.

My application name is” Permanent Residence Application

Permanent Residence Application

1.We received your application for permanent residence on August 11, 2014.

2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 8, 2014.

3.We started processing your application on September 8, 2014.

4.Medical results have been received.

5.We sent you a letter on April 19, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

6.We sent you correspondence on May 3, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I think they update your wife (Sponsorship Application) .you mention that-----“ when i click sponsorship application status i see this—

“ We sent you correspondence on June 1, 2016 about the decision on your application.)..

My husband got the same update and my husband application name is sponsorship application and my application name is permanent residence Application.

Hope it will help you

Farhana
Good observation Farhana!

+1 for you!

Hasan

juwelsingh

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/sep/2015
File Transfer...
03/nov/2015
Med's Done....
11/aug/2015
Interview........
20/june/2016 (kuala lumpur )
Passport Req..
14-oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully verry soon
LANDED..........
cannot wait for that
farhana766 said:
Hello Juwelsingh,

My husband Application name is “Sponsorship Application” when he click he saw Sponsorship-------------

3.We sent you correspondence on August 6, 2014 about the decision on your application.

2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 8, 2014.

5.We sent you a letter on April 19, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

6.We sent you correspondence on May 3, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I think they update your wife (Sponsorship Application) .you mention that-----“ when i click sponsorship application status i see this—

“ We sent you correspondence on June 1, 2016 about the decision on your application.)..

My husband got the same update and my husband application name is sponsorship application and my application name is permanent residence Application.

Hope it will help you

Farhana

tnx a lot farhana for your time its really appreciate,,, yes im work hard for my interview,pray for me im just waiting my police certificate from london hopefully gonna get it within two or three days .. do you think they gonna keep my passport on the day of my interview. because i have all document with me police certifct medcl and everything ... i will be really thankful to my lord if they keep my passport on the day.

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
juwelsingh said:
tnx a lot farhana for your time its really appreciate,,, yes im work hard for my interview,pray for me im just waiting my police certificate from london hopefully gonna get it within two or three days .. do you think they gonna keep my passport on the day of my interview. because i have all document with me police certifct medcl and everything ... i will be really thankful to my lord if they keep my passport on the day.
Hello juwelsingh,

Good to hear about your interview preparation. Actually I have no idea that the immigration officer takes your passport or not. I think the immigration officer will not take your passport at the interview day. But the officer may be taking your update form and your police clearance. So bring all the documents they required in the interview letter.

I request you please share your interview experience and questions. Your experience will help lot of people. Especially Hasan share many people experience and it help me a lot. I really don’t know anything about interview but this forum helps me and now from my experience I try to help people.

All the best for your interview.

Regards

Farhana

zee7447

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-10-2016
farhana766 said:
Hello Juwelsingh,

Hope it will help you

Farhana
Hey Farhana

When did you get the #5 in permanent Residence Application? Did they update that when they sent you email with your interview date or after your interview?

In my wife's case they added the #5 the day they emailed her with the interview date and #5 is the last entry she has now. Her Ecas didn't update when they asked for her medical. She just got an email that's it. I believe time to time they forget to update on Ecas.

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
zee7447 said:
Hey Farhana

When did you get the #5 in permanent Residence Application? Did they update that when they sent you email with your interview date or after your interview?

In my wife's case they added the #5 the day they emailed her with the interview date and #5 is the last entry she has now. Her Ecas didn't update when they asked for her medical. She just got an email that's it. I believe time to time they forget to update on Ecas.
Hello Zee,

The visa office did not update my interview correspondence. After my interview they only update my re medical and passport request correspondence. The visa office forgets to update my interview correspondence. But in Sam case the visa office update his wife interview correspondence.

I think later they update your wife medical correspondence.

Regards

Farhana

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
sam54562 said:
Dear Farhana,

I dont know why its taking that looking. Usually it takes about 2-3 weeks to get the passport back but its more than a month now. What do you think? Isnt it unusual???

Anybody else can shed some light on it?
Hi Sam,

How about your ECas status?
Did you get GCMS notes lately or expecting a note soon?

What do you think contacting SVO by email? Or just give them some more time to see if they despatch soon.

Good luck!

Hasan

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
Hasan9999 said:
Hi Sam,

How about your ECas status?
Did you get GCMS notes lately or expecting a note soon?

What do you think contacting SVO by email? Or just give them some more time to see if they despatch soon.

Good luck!

Hasan
Dear Hasan,

My eCas status is as same as Farhana's. I contacted my lawyer and he replied that if we don't hear anything by June 17th, then he will email SVO.

I didn't apply for GCMS notes cause I am still hoping my spouse will be here before the notes.

Let's have a bit more patience for home stretch......

David9245

Jan 9, 2015
Sorry for responding late.
We file Nov 2014,
Our case had a lot of red flags.
Second marriage for my wife, first for me.
Marriage without any family member or friends
No reception
Met online
Marriage 4months after first online message.

What I that I felt help.
I continue to send CIC information in regards to our application: any family member I met or she met, any support letters that came later and lots more. I was persistent in sending them evidence of ongoing relationship.
And I made sure she met my family and I met hers after the application was submitted.( cos she didn't meet them before the wedding and before the application was submitted) I know this helped a lot.

I am a postgraduate student , since I m graduating in a few weeks, I started emailing the visa office and CIC in Canada that I will be leaving soon. After two months of annoying them with messages. I finally got a call from the embassy asking me if it is okay to schedule the interview in one week. I accepted.

A day before the interview, I redid my medicals since the previous one had expired (they didn't ask me to redo it)
I also redid my police report (they asked for that)
And I took other supporting documents.

Note: take all the documents you supported with your application the first time and others you have after you have submitted. ( most times the visa officer will judge you by the evidence you currently have, they only look at the Bulky parcel you have sent them after ( which by then they have formed an opinion if they are giving you the visa or not; this happens in my case) this action makes it look like you have a lot of evidence even if half of it has already been submitted)

My interview day

The interview was at 9:30am, I got there by 9am, I waited and I was called in the interview room by 9:50am. The interview lady asked if there was anything I wanted to say before the interview starts, I asked if she was the one that called me a week ago ( though I already knew she wasn't the one, but I wanted to initiate rapport. She said no, she stared by giving me guidelines on the interview. As she was talking I brought out a white sheet of paper and a pen and I started writing( I noticed she had a surprised/amazed face): because there was a glass between us she was not seeing what I was writing. ( though I had prepared an answer incase she asked what I was writing.

She was a very nice fine lady, treated me with respect. Asked questions about my wife's life in Canada, her family members and also my family. She asked if we quarrel, what I believed her and lots more psychological questions.
After about 1hr30mins, she asked me to take a walk and drink some water while she verify. ( I thought she was going to call my wife but she didn't call anyone).After 20mins she called me in, she said that there was a good and bad news. The good news was she is satisfied with the relationship with my wife and the bad news was she has checked my medicals and noticed I did it recently. And that she has helped me called the medical department. And that,if they can review the medicals before the day's end I should come and collect my visa. She asked me to come to the embassy by 4pm, by 3pm the embassy called me that the medicals have been verified that I should come with the required passport photograph. I went and got my visa and COPR with a duration of 1year(since my medicals was done the previous day).

This was my experience it was smooth and I thank God, my family and this forum for helping. Again the visa officer was a Gods sent. Polite and respectful.

My Advice to other waiting interview:
Be prepared
Be relax
Talk like you are talking to your parents ( meaning; be very relax and also be respectful)
Ask if you don't understand a question (cos I noticed on few occasions she was trying to misconstrue my answer and I told her politely that was not what I meant. And explained what I meant)
Don't volunteer information except it helps your case. If it does by all means say it.
If your husband or wife cannot accompany you, if your wife or husband family member is available ask them to represent your spouse by accompany you (me and my wife asked my wife's uncle to accompany me, he wasn't allowed in the embassy, but I made the visa officer know he was outside)
That is all I can say if you have any question please email me here. Thanks and God bless.

Javed120

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Hello all,today I checked my e case,I click on in process then I see no 7 medical has been received.what does mean by this.after send my police clearance,medical,update form.

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
David9245 said:
We file Nov 2014,
No reception
Met online

What I that I felt help.
I continue to send CIC information in regards to our application: any family member I met or she met, any support letters that came later and lots more. I was persistent in sending them evidence of ongoing relationship.
And I made sure she met my family and I met hers after the application was submitted.( cos she didn't meet them before the wedding and before the application was submitted) I know this helped a lot.

I am a postgraduate student , since I m graduating in a few weeks, I started emailing the visa office and CIC in Canada that I will be leaving soon. After two months of annoying them with messages. I finally got a call from the embassy asking me if it is okay to schedule the interview in one week. I accepted.

A day before the interview, I redid my medicals since the previous one had expired (they didn't ask me to redo it)

Note: take all the documents you supported with your application the first time and others you have after you have submitted. ( most times the visa officer will judge you by the evidence you currently have, they only look at the Bulky parcel you have sent them after ( which by then they have formed an opinion if they are giving you the visa or not; this happens in my case) this action makes it look like you have a lot of evidence even if half of it has already been submitted)

My interview day

The interview was at 9:30am, I got there by 9am, I waited and I was called in the interview room by 9:50am. The interview lady asked if there was anything I wanted to say before the interview starts, I asked if she was the one that called me a week ago ( though I already knew she wasn't the one, but I wanted to initiate rapport. She said no, she stared by giving me guidelines on the interview. As she was talking I brought out a white sheet of paper and a pen and I started writing( I noticed she had a surprised/amazed face): because there was a glass between us she was not seeing what I was writing. ( though I had prepared an answer incase she asked what I was writing.

She was a very nice fine lady, treated me with respect. Asked questions about my wife's life in Canada, her family members and also my family. She asked if we quarrel, what I believed her and lots more psychological questions.
After about 1hr30mins, she asked me to take a walk and drink some water while she verify. ( I thought she was going to call my wife but she didn't call anyone).After 20mins she called me in, she said that there was a good and bad news. The good news was she is satisfied with the relationship with my wife and the bad news was she has checked my medicals and noticed I did it recently. And that she has helped me called the medical department. And that,if they can review the medicals before the day's end I should come and collect my visa. She asked me to come to the embassy by 4pm, by 3pm the embassy called me that the medicals have been verified that I should come with the required passport photograph. I went and got my visa and COPR with a duration of 1year(since my medicals was done the previous day).

This was my experience it was smooth and I thank God, my family and this forum for helping. Again the visa officer was a Gods sent. Polite and respectful.

Be prepared
Be relax
Talk like you are talking to your parents ( meaning; be very relax and also be respectful)
Ask if you don't understand a question (cos I noticed on few occasions she was trying to misconstrue my answer and I told her politely that was not what I meant. And explained what I meant)
Don't volunteer information except it helps your case. If it does by all means say it.
If your husband or wife cannot accompany you, if your wife or husband family member is available ask them to represent your spouse by accompany you (me and my wife asked my wife's uncle to accompany me, he wasn't allowed in the embassy, but I made the visa officer know he was outside)
That is all I can say if you have any question please email me here. Thanks and God bless.
Dear David,

CONGRATS!!!

And thanks a lot for sharing your experience. It will help all the future applicants tremendously...

+1 for you effort. Keep it up!!!

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
David9245 said:
We file Nov 2014,
No reception
Met online

What I that I felt help.

My interview day

Be prepared
Be relax
Hello David,

WOW! You have prepared well for the interview and successfully addressed all of your red flags!!

Many thanks for sharing your experience. This will definitely help people who are on interview list.

Stay blessed.

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Javed120 said:
Hello all,today I checked my e case,I click on in process then I see no 7 medical has been received.what does mean by this.after send my police clearance,medical,update form.
That's a good sign!

priya_7

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2015
AOR Received.
30-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Interview........
Recommended as per GCMS
Passport Req..
Soon I hope!
VISA ISSUED...
Sooner !!
David9245 said:
We file Nov 2014,
No reception
Met online

What I that I felt help.

My interview day

Be prepared
Be relax
Hi David9245,

Congratulations!!! ARe you able to share some interview questions that were asked ??