Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
sam54562 said:
Dear Goodlife Fitness,

Application contains red flags ( second marriages, quick marriage, unclear/missing information in application etc...) has the potential for interview. The bottom line is, IF THE CASE OFFICER FEELS THAT YOUR MARRIAGE IS NOT GENUINE (BASED ON INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED), YOU WILL END UP HAVING AN INTERVIEW.

Hope it helps...
I forgot to mention different caste or different religion can be a red flag. And also totally different culture (Example: a Pakistani muslim marries a Nigerian Muslim will create doubt.).

zee7447

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-10-2016
ImABule said:
Incorrect. You do not choose Canada. An Outland application an application for PR that is applied for from the country of the applicants citizenship or residence. If the PA is Thai then you would refer to the Thailand timeline. The only thing being applied for in Canada is the sponsor eligibility. The exception being, if the PA is in Canada and you file Outland then and only then would you select Canada.
If i go by your way then Bangladesh Says 25 months which is not true. I will tell you why. I have any email from Citizenship Canada where they email me saying my wife's application is in process and i have to wait for minimum 17 months before i can escalate it. I can actually copy and past the email if you guys wanna see. 2nd of all if that's the case then in the 3rd option drop down there shouldn't be CANADA as an option because if your spouse is living outside of Canada then every single application will be a different county than Canada. All those options you see is for sponsor's. See it ask what are you applying for? then it asks Who you are sponsoring then its asking Where are you applying from. So its asking information about the sponsor. Because you are living in Canada and your spouse is outside of Canada, you choose spouse/common law living outside Canada then its asking where are you applying from for your Spouse/common law which is Canada if you are living in Canada.

You choose different country than Canada for an example like you are a Canadian Citizen and you are currently living in Thailand and you marry a Thai girl. In that case if you decide to apply for her from there then you will choose Thailand because you are applying for her from Thailand. I hope i made myself clear.

zee7447

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-10-2016
sjgolfer014 said:
So now what would be my process time as my wife submit our application in mississauga office in canada , but i live in thailand
so the 3rd colum would be Country Specific is Canada right bcause my spouse and daughter live in Canada so it should be 17 month ?

regard
Exactly. For you its 17 months because your wife is applying for you from Canada. If your wife was in Thailand and decided to apply for you from Thailand then its 29 months. You always choose the country your Sponsor is applying from.

zee7447

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-10-2016
goodlife123 said:
Does anyone have an idea what kind of application get interview?
Also if one person is way more educated than the other person, Huge age difference, Quick remarriage, One person is divorced but other person is single.

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
zee7447 said:
If i go by your way then Bangladesh Says 25 months which is not true. I will tell you why. I have any email from Citizenship Canada where they email me saying my wife's application is in process and i have to wait for minimum 17 months before i can escalate it. I can actually copy and past the email if you guys wanna see. 2nd of all if that's the case then in the 3rd option drop down there shouldn't be CANADA as an option because if your spouse is living outside of Canada then every single application will be a different county than Canada. All those options you see is for sponsor's.
just check as visa office, visa office singapore is take 12 month as you have seen that they are calling for interview now regularly to
speed up the process , i think Singapore is visa office and cannot be different time for with same visa office ,

zee7447

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-10-2016
sjgolfer014 said:
just check as visa office, visa office singapore is take 12 month as you have seen that they are calling for interview now regularly to
speed up the process , i think Singapore is visa office and cannot be different time for with same visa office ,
Dude if you check by Visa office then it will only have option in the drop down for Visa offices in the world. Obviously not every country have the visa office and the drop down has all the country in the world. It says clearly where are you applying from? it doesn't say where is your visa office. lol

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
zee7447 said:
If i go by your way then Bangladesh Says 25 months which is not true. I will tell you why. I have any email from Citizenship Canada where they email me saying my wife's application is in process and i have to wait for minimum 17 months before i can escalate it. I can actually copy and past the email if you guys wanna see. 2nd of all if that's the case then in the 3rd option drop down there shouldn't be CANADA as an option because if your spouse is living outside of Canada then every single application will be a different county than Canada. All those options you see is for sponsor's. See it ask what are you applying for? then it asks Who you are sponsoring then its asking Where are you applying from. So its asking information about the sponsor. Because you are living in Canada and your spouse is outside of Canada, you choose spouse/common law living outside Canada then its asking where are you applying from for your Spouse/common law which is Canada if you are living in Canada.

You choose different country than Canada for an example like you are a Canadian Citizen and you are currently living in Thailand and you marry a Thai girl. In that case if you decide to apply for her from there then you will choose Thailand because you are applying for her from Thailand. I hope i made myself clear.

I understand what you are trying to say, however, you are incorrect.

The application for permanent residence is made from the country the applicant is from. If you are Bengali and your sponsor is in Canada your time line is Bangladesh. It's really quite simple.

dev_123

Aug 29, 2015
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-JUNE-2015
AOR Received.
17-JULY-2015
File Transfer...
21-AUG-2015
Med's Request
Waiting like anything for this......
Med's Done....
13-APRIL-2015 (UPFRONT)
Interview........
12/10/2016
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting....
sam54562 said:
Dear Dev,

GCMS notes has nothing to do with affecting your file cause it's under Canadian Privacy Act and it's your sponsor' s right to know what is going on with your application. So tell her to apply for GCMS notes.

Did she get any reply from your visa office? If she didn't get reply from the Visa office and your processing time is already passed the minimum time, then your wife should contact the local mp to get an update.

But tell her to apply for the GCMS notes first. If they don't respond to your wife's email, then will go to the mp.

Hope it helps...

Thank you Sam and wishing you best luck :)

dev_123

Aug 29, 2015
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-JUNE-2015
AOR Received.
17-JULY-2015
File Transfer...
21-AUG-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-APRIL-2015 (UPFRONT)
Interview........
12/10/2016
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting....
Hasan9999 said:
I totally agree with Sam. Apply for GCMS notes asap.

You can approach MP when your earmarked processing time is over.

Normally VO doesn't respond to email correspondence before passing posted processing time.

All the best.

Hasan
Thank you Hasan and wishing you best luck. :)
Keep updating.

dev_123

Aug 29, 2015
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-JUNE-2015
AOR Received.
17-JULY-2015
File Transfer...
21-AUG-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-APRIL-2015 (UPFRONT)
Interview........
12/10/2016
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting....
farhana766 said:
Hello Dev,

If you pass your interview waiting time or your interview waiting time is very close you can email them. If you order GCMS Note you only find what is your weak point or if you did any mistake.

My interview waiting time is 24 months. When I passed 16 month I request GCMS note and I find what is my weak point in my application and what I mistake. I find nothing about my interview in the GCMS Note. It is better to email them. I email Singapore when I passed 16 month .I gave them email January 2016 and they reply me I am pending for my interview. Next month in February 2016 they gave me interview letter that my interview was 14 March 2016.

I think if you Email Singapore and tell them that you want to celebrate your marriage anniversary or if your wife birthday is coming soon you can also write them you want to celebrate birthday together in Canada. In my email my husband writes them he wants to celebrate our marriage anniversary and it was in February. If you write them your emotion and you both want to enjoy marriage or birthday together it sound good.

Regards

Farhana

Thank you Farhana and wishing you best luck :)

My question is as I am an Indian applicant, can I directly mail to my visa office I.e New Delhi for my file update?

Thanx

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
dev_123 said:
Thank you Farhana and wishing you best luck :)

My question is as I am an Indian applicant, can I directly mail to my visa office I.e New Delhi for my file update?

Thanx
Yes you can. But what exactly update you are looking for? Did your application processing time passed the minimum months required to process? Unless you are submitting additional documents/proofs of relationship and you are well within your usual processing time, there wont be any update in your file. According to CIC timeline it says 19 months for India but some applicants do get their whole process done within 8-10 months. But each case is unique and I advice you to have some patience and if possible, tell your spouse to come and visit you. Usually it works on your favour.

Hope it helps...

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
Rumu said:
Hi zee
Could I please get the email address for CIC that you use to mail them since they are not responding to my email. Probably I'm using the wrong one.
Thanks
Dear Rumu,

It is very strange that you do not hear any news about your interview result. I am really worried about your situation. I think you can do ECAS. It is very helpful like email. Trust me if you ECAS there is no chance to miss your writing. I will give you link please click the link and fill up the form and sent it to Singapore.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

It is very helpful. At the end of the time when I change my email I did ECAS and also mail to Singapore.

Hope it help you

Regards

Farhana

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
farhana766 said:
Dear Rumu,

It is very strange that you do not hear any news about your interview result. I am really worried about your situation. I think you can do ECAS. It is very helpful like email. Trust me if you ECAS there is no chance to miss your writing. I will give you link please click the link and fill up the form and sent it to Singapore.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

It is very helpful. At the end of the time when I change my email I did ECAS and also mail to Singapore.

Hope it help you

Regards

Farhana
Dear Rumu,

And also, if your lawyer is your representative and filled up IMM5476 (Use Of A Representative Form) he/she will get all the updates. So, please double check that with your lawyer. You can always change use of representative anytime you want. This link might help you:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Hope it helps.....

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
zee7447 said:

So according to you no matter which country the spouse from, the processing time will be 17 months cause the sponsor is in Canada???!!!! I dont think it cant be the case cause some countries do have country specific forms (Example: Sri Lanka, Pakistan etc...) which will take longer processing time than usual.

Even though Bangladesh application processing times says 25 months but I am certain some applicants do get there process done in 8-10 months and some has to wait more than 25 months. Its just a guideline for eyeballing the park...

Hope it helps.....