04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
Hasan9999 said:
I thought so as well! I believe your explanations must have backed by evidences. So it will be hard for her to say no. What's your husband's confidence level after facing the interview?
well he was pretty shaken up because she accused him of being a scammer, a crook...and then when he explained himself she just flatly told him he was not normal...and that he was a problem...lol...but he feels that it may go either way. ohh and one more thing..when he mentioned that one of the reasons my previous relationship fell apart was because of substance abuse...she said really? drugs in canada? then she addressed the translator and told her there are no drugs in canada

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
soblue3 said:
well he was pretty shaken up because she accused him of being a scammer, a crook...and then when he explained himself she just flatly told him he was not normal...and that he was a problem...lol...but he feels that it may go either way. ohh and one more thing..when he mentioned that one of the reasons my previous relationship fell apart was because of substance abuse...she said really? drugs in canada? then she addressed the translator and told her there are no drugs in canada
lets hope for the better then,am sure she is convince

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Tips from QPH:
We also have our interview yesterday and all went really well in room D. My wife went in first for 30 m, I went in after for about 15 m and my wife back in for another 10 m. They took the police certificates and toll my wife to wait for their email for the next 4 week in case they need other info and because our med is old we have to do it again...so I guess we are doing ok!

Most of their questions are about their concerns/red flag mentioned in the GCMS note, we have studied very well the note and have everything covered smoothly. One more thing, dress up business like will help...

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
Hasan9999 said:
Tips from QPH:
We also have our interview yesterday and all went really well in room D. My wife went in first for 30 m, I went in after for about 15 m and my wife back in for another 10 m. They took the police certificates and toll my wife to wait for their email for the next 4 week in case they need other info and because our med is old we have to do it again...so I guess we are doing ok!

Most of their questions are about their concerns/red flag mentioned in the GCMS note, we have studied very well the note and have everything covered smoothly. One more thing, dress up business like will help...

I am happy you guys had better time in the interview. I guess all depends which officer you get. Its possible that because of red flags they have to act certain way and try to intimidate a person hoping they will slip. I wish everybody with genuine relationships is able to be with their spouse. In the end it is the sponsor who will bear all the weight if things go wrong. But we are adults and it is our decision if we want to take the risk. I wish you get approved and all goes well.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
soblue3 said:
I think you will get response soon. Your husband tried his best to explain everything and you also wrote a letter addressing the red flags.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
POSTED BY Rose13:

Re: Interview Experience
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 05:17:59 am »
AfricaLady,
My dear i advise you to take heart, be strong and believe/appreciate what you. Dont rush to judge yourself before even facing the interview. October is still some weeks ahead so if you put yourself on tension it is not good please. You are not the first to get married with age difference, kids, e.t.c All this is very normal so long as you are confident enough to explain to VO and provide any proof necessary you will make it.
I know a friend who had 19years difference but she did interview, passed and they are now happily living as a couple in Calgary, Canada. So for now, lower your fears and trust in God that all is well. Afterall its only God that determines our destiny. Take time to gather any doucment that would proof your marriage and all will be ok. Also learn to pray always.
All the best my dear.

Rose13Quote from: svetlana on February 20, 2014, 11:33:44 am
Tell us Rose what questions did the officer asked u? was he or she nice?

Sventlana,
The officer was a male, professional and friendly. I was the 3rd people to be interviewed and the environment was calm. He asked my how i met my husband, how he migrated to Canada, plans for our dependents, why we choose civil marriage among other types, what i was doing in all countries that i have traveled/lived, what my husband does & no. of years he has worked for that company. Finally asked when i want to travel to canada. The whole interview took like 30minutes and Finally VO told me that he was satisfied, had no reason to to deny me a visa. He then took my passport and told me to pay for a pre-paid coupon with a courier service that will deliver back my passport.
For sure, this was the stage (interview) that i was flicking out about but i thank God its done.
All the best.
Rose13

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
83. If I refuse this application w hat will you do?

How would you answer this question?
I know this is an old topic but I think it might be interesting to make it current. I'm curious to see some answers here.
Anyone?

canadianwoman:
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 02:59:14 pm »
You should say you will appeal. If the appeal fails, your Canadian spouse will come live with you in your own country.

If you don't say something like that, the VO won't believe it is a genuine relationship. I read one case on REFLEX where the Canadian spouse was asked if she would go back to Haiti to live with her husband if his PR application was refused. She said no, because Haiti was too poor and dangerous. Her husband's application was rejected because the VO - and, later, the appeal board - said that if she really loved her husband she would be willing to go back to live with him in Haiti.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
POSTED BY material:

Quote from: Mehwish9 on March 09, 2011, 02:15:38 am
Hello,
what interview questions they usually ask from the spouse and the sponsor.do anybody has any list of questions?
thanks

Hey

I hope this helps if its a genuine marriage interview

Communication

1. When and where did you meet your spouse for the first time?
3. Who made the first contact?
4. How often did you have contact before your first meeting in Person? How? Where is your proof?
5. How often did you talk on the phone when your spouse was you were in England?
6. Do you have phone bills, e-mails, cards, etc., and can I see them?

Travel

1. Where did you first Land in Canada? What date? (Which airport)
2. How many times have you been to Canada? How long each time?
3. Has you ever stayed in Canada out of Status?
4. Why were you out of status?
5. What did you do to rectify the situation?
6. When did you leave Canada? How long for?
7. Have you been admitted back into Canada with a legal status since?
8. Have you been issued any kind of document that authorizes you to live in Canada since you were out of status? If yes what type and when is the expiry date?
9. Has your spouse been to England? When?
10. How many times?
11. Where did your spouse land in England? (Which Airport)
12. Did your spouse go to England prior to your relationship?
13. Did you go to Canada prior to your relationship with your spouse?

Personal

1. What is your Husband's name?
2. What do you call him?
3. How old is your spouse? What is your spouse's birth date?
4. What colour are his eyes and hair?
5. Does your spouse colour his hair?
6. Does your spouse wear glasses or contact lenses?
7. Does your spouse have any distinguishable features (birth marks, scars, disfigurements of the body)?
8. Where was your spouse born? Which country & City?
9. Does your spouse have any allergies?
10. What is your religion?
11. What is the religion of your spouse?
12. When you and your spouse were dating what would you do together?
13. Do you have any hobbies? Describe them.
14. Does your spouse have any hobbies? Describe them.
15. What type of music do you enjoy?
16. What type of music does your spouse enjoy?
17. What kind of movies do you enjoy?
18. What kind of movies does your spouse enjoy?
19. What kind of books do you read?
20. What kind of books does your spouse read?
21. Have you and your spouse ever exchanged gifts? Explain
22. Please explain the type of relationship you have had since your first meeting.
23. What makes your relationship with your spouse different from that of a female/male friend?
24. Does your spouse support you financially?
25. If I refuse this application what will you do?

Education

1. Where did your spouse go to school? (Elementary and high school)
2. How many years of school did your spouse Complete?
3. What degrees or formal training does your spouse have?
4. In terms of education, would you say that you and your spouse's educational background are compatible?

Employment

1. Where did you work in England before coming to Canada?
2. What is the name of the company? What position did you hold? How long did you work there?
3. What did the job entail?
4. Did you like your job?
5. What was the salary?
6. What do you intend to do when you come to Canada?
7. What degrees or formal training do you have?
8. What degrees or formal training does your spouse have?
8. Where does your spouse work? What's the name of the company? How does he get there?
9. How long has your spouse worked there?
10. What does the job entail?
11. does your spouse like his or her job?
12. What is the salary?

Accommodation

1. Where does your spouse live?
2. Whom does your spouse live with?
3. Does anyone else live in your household other than your spouse and children?
4. At what addresses have you lived at with your spouse?
5. Did you own any Property with your spouse?
6. What type of accommodation do you live in? House, condo or apartment?
7. Is it rental or do you own it? If rented How long is your lease? Are you both on the lease?
8. How much is the rent?
9. who makes sure the bills are paid? How much do you pay for Cable/phone/hydro etc?

Marriage

1. When and where did the marriage proposal take place?
2. Was your marriage arranged?
3. When did you get married?
4. Where did you get married?
5. Who was at the wedding?
6. How many people were at the ceremony?
7. What day was the ceremony held on?
8. Who performed the ceremony?
9. Do you have pictures of the ceremony?
10. Who was at the ceremony from your side?
11. Who was at the ceremony from your spouse's side?
10. Were any friends present?
12. Were your parents at the wedding? If not, why not?
13. Where your spouse's parents at the wedding? If not, why not?
14. Were your spouse's parents aware of the wedding? If not, why not?
15. Was a reception held? When and where was it held?
16. Who was present at the reception?
17. Did you receive any wedding gifts? Describe them.
18. Did you on a honeymoon? Where did you go and for how long?
19. Can you show me pictures and receipts from the honeymoon, wedding and reception?
20. Have you or your spouse been married before?
21. Why was that relationship dissolved?
22. Who initiated the divorce?
23. What were the reasons for the divorce?
24. What was the date the marriage was dissolved?
25. Why did you marry your spouse?
26. Since your marriage have you seen your spouse? If not, why not?
27. Tell me why this marriage or relationship is genuine
28. Why were you so rushed to be married? How do you explain that?

Family members

1. Do you have any children form a previous relationship? If so what is their relationship like with your spouse?
2. What are their names and date of birth?
3. Who has Custody of these children?
4. Do you have visitation rights/spend time with them at your home or there's?
5. How often do you see your children?
6. Does your Current spouse have any children from a previous relationship? If yes
A. What are their names and date of birth?
B. Who has Custody of these children?
C. Does your spouse have visitation rights/spend time with them?
D. How often does your spouse see their children?

7. Do you have any children from your current marriage?
8. How many children?
9. What are the names and birth dates?
10. Where are the children now?
11. Who looks after the children?
12. How many brothers and sisters does your spouse have?
13. What relatives does your spouse have in Canada?
14. What relatives do you have in Canada?
15. What are their names and where do they live?
16. What relatives does your spouse have outside of Canada?
17. What relatives do you have outside of Canada?
18. Has your spouse met any of your relatives or friends? Who have they met and when did they meet them?
19. Have you met any of your spouse's relatives or friends? Whom have you met and when did you meet them?

Misc

1. Did you get married to get to Canada?
2. Did your spouse pay you to go to Canada?
3. Did anyone pay you to go to Canada?
4. Did you pay your spouse to sponsor you?
5. If yes, How much?

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
POSTED BY missmini:
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 02:44:23 am »
it is very rare when they call both the sponsor and the applicant especially for outland, considering that they live apart

in some cases maybe the sponsor is visiting the applicant in the moment of the interview and they decide to go together even though only the applicant was requested for the interview; to go together shows that u r together, u support each other and it's good for the relationship; on the other hand, the officer might want to interview both in separate rooms and things could get more complicated; from others' experience they will match the answers, maybe if u have the slightest difference in answer could look bad

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
Hasan9999 said:
83. If I refuse this application w hat will you do?

How would you answer this question?
I know this is an old topic but I think it might be interesting to make it current. I'm curious to see some answers here.
Anyone?

canadianwoman:
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 02:59:14 pm »
You should say you will appeal. If the appeal fails, your Canadian spouse will come live with you in your own country.

If you don't say something like that, the VO won't believe it is a genuine relationship. I read one case on REFLEX where the Canadian spouse was asked if she would go back to Haiti to live with her husband if his PR application was refused. She said no, because Haiti was too poor and dangerous. Her husband's application was rejected because the VO - and, later, the appeal board - said that if she really loved her husband she would be willing to go back to live with him in Haiti.
the immigration officer asked my husband that question as well. but when he answered that i will come to live there she said..oh that will be a new experience then she said good, she can do that and good luck with that.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
charmainefrances:
Inland Sponsorship Interview
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 02:38:15 pm »
Hi! Me and my husband went for an interview last month. Sept.12 to be exact in cic-edmonton. We brought all the requirements the io asked. Rent/lease agreement, pictures (wedding, trips, family affairs etc.) , paystubs, t4, notice of assessment, bills(epcor, insurance, credit cards, telus) , option c. We received the notice aug. 30.

The interview went well! You just really need to be calm and tell the truth. Nothing to worry about:)

After 1 month, oct.12 , i received an email requesting for medical. Then 0ct. 16 , just last wed. We received our aip and my open work permit.

Good luck with everything!

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
soblue3 said:
the immigration officer asked my husband that question as well. but when he answered that i will come to live there she said..oh that will be a new experience then she said good, she can do that and good luck with that.
Yes this is a common question. Answer is also common either appeal or the sponsor will go back to spouse for living together! Any other possible answer?

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
PR DENIED AND FILING APPEAL......POSTED BY: Ykcor:

March 13, 2014, 12:17:00 pm

My wife and I were married in March 2013, and she returned to China early May 2013, and we have been separated since.

My wife went for her PR interview in Beijing Feb. 17th and unfortunately was turned down because the Visa Officer (VO) was not satisfied that our marriage is genuine. The letter sent to her stating this decsion and the reasons for it was prepared on Feb. 20th, but was not post dated until Feb 26th., and not received until Feb. 28th by my wife.

It is now March 13th, and I have yet to receive my copy here in Prince Edward Island.
I do not wish to wait longer, far too much is riding on this. If it is not here tomorrow morning, I want to file the appeal anyways. Does anyone know any reason why I cannot download the appeal form and file it using the reasons stated in the wife's letter? Is there any need to wait for my letter? The instructions included with my version are not really needed, are they?
Also, I assume our hearing will be in Montreal, but no where on this forum have I been able to see the estimated waiting time in Montreal?

I served many years in the military,have traveled much, and have always been proud of Canada, even though I was aware of her many faults, but this is incredible. When the VO phoned me at 2 AM during the interview, she was rude, condescending, and left the distinct impression that she was hunting for specific answers, not asking questions. She repeatedly cut me off as soon as I tried to answer her with an answer she did not want. Her deportment with my wife was far worse.....

If any one can answer, offer advice, I will much appreciate, as these indeed are dark times. We need to fight this process, and will not do well standing alone.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
POSTED BY gsize:

Quote from: Ankit_Sonam on April 30, 2013, 07:30:30 pm

Hey Guys... New here...wanted to share my story...

My Husband's immigration spousal visa was rejected August 2012. My name is Sonam, I am a Canadian born citizen and am 20 years old. I am a student (3rd year nursing student) and hold a position with the government Justice Department. I got married to the love of my life on December 17, 2011 and sponsored my husband on January 19, 2012.

My husband and I have known each other approximately 4 yrs now. We first met at my sister's marriage back home in India. My elder sister is married to my husband's elder brother. They have been married for 3 yrs now and have a 15month old child together. My husband had tried for a Canadian student visa 2 times previously as he had intensions to study abroad and also wanted to be closer to me. Unfortunately both times he was rejected and ended up coming to London, UK to study. Something to note is he applied with the same documents with which he applied to Canada and received his visa within 15 days. He proposed on his birthday in October 2011, and we decided to get married over Christmas when i had holidays from school in December 2011. My Husband is still in London on a student visa, and completing his studies.

We had an interview at Delhi high commission in India. The interview was just ridiculous. The visa officer was more concerned with my sister's marriage then mine and my husbands. The questions were nothing related to our relationship. Being canadian born i felt as if the visa officer was not able to understand english, and clearly had that "indian thinking." In the interview i felt as if there was internal racism and sexual discrimination. I believe he couldn't understand the fact that i a canadian women married a man from India. After 15 days, we received a heart breaking refusal letter that stated our relationship was not genuine.

I stayed with my husband in India till September 2012, and then returned due to my classes starting. My husband also returned to London, UK for his 2nd year of studies. I have now hired an immigration consultant to help me in my case. I just recently came back from spending Christmas and New yeas with my husband in London. My younger brother also went with me this time.

these are the main facts

1) Both me and my husband were 19 at the time of marriage- we belong to same caste, class, and background
2) we had court marriage- just me and my husband- family couldn't attend as his parents needed visa, and they have a business, my parents- it was christmas season- they work in stores, hard to get time off. My sister and brother-in-law- just had baby, and bought new house. Also the plan was to have a party here in my hometown in Canada (parents have lived her 30 yrs)
3) We are both studying- im 4th yr nursing student and he is now 3rd yr Business Management student
4) In June 2012 we both bought house together in my hometown- during time of interview visa officer did not look at our documents
5) Marriage rejected on base we were not genuine
6) My husbands Student visa rejections for canada

Our appeal will take place in Vancouver. We received the notes from the interview, but have not been informed to whether or not it is full hearing or ADL.

Also, the MP for my region is a good family friend. She had contacted the ministers office. Hoping for an ADL and a faster appeal.

Any advice would be appriciated.

Recently i have been feeling very down, and depressed.. This waiting is getting harder and harder...

Comments by gsize:

the good news is: the wait times for Vancouver are fast (unlike Toronto and elsewhere) The vast majority of appeals are allowed. You will be reunited soon enough. Try to be patient and try to keep busy ! Make sure you keep all phone logs, emails, etc to show them it is genuine and ongoing. Most important....Never give up ! Cheesy

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
SPOUSAL PR DENIED AND APPEAL WAS SUCCESSFUL....POSTED BY gsize:

February 25, 2013, 11:55:23 pm

Spousal PR refused as 'not genuine' then at Appeal....Govt lawyer says (in appeal hearing)......''its not that we think this is not genuine. We have a problem with your timeline" He tried quoting some garbage about similar cases as mine and why it should be denied.

I said...Oh really. Then why are we here sir ? Thankfully, the judge rolled his eyes and said "" I am reversing this decision."" Govt lawyer was not pleased and to add insult to injury he says.......""we will review your decision and possibly appeal."" Can you imagine ? they are not human !

Compassion went out the window a long time ago in Canada !

I will continue to fight for my partner.....now matter how long and hard. !!!!!!!!! My friends want me to go to the media. We will see. I guess it will depend how many more hurdles.

To think, all that is required is a new medical and police report. Hey, whats another few hundred dollars. This nightmare has cost me over $30.000.00 but more importantly, it is my (and partners) health that I am most concerned. Depression, anxiety, stress is a killer that slowly eats away at your soul !........