+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
simpsol22 said:
It's not actually normal to get SA so fast, unless you were an Outland applicant--as far as the Old app was concerned--people from early 2016 are still getting SA.
HOWEVER, CIC is changing things up, so it is really hard to say when SA will be given. Only a handful of new application applicants have reported receiving Sponsor Approval.
Hi, do you mean some people who used the new application kit have gotten SA already (Sponsorship approval)?

bajanqueen

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Check the spreadsheet three people for 2017 has received SA already two definitely after January 31 so they used the new package and one has a request for medicals. Some people are showing their background check in process as well. So we have started to see some moved for inland 2017 new app package. Exciting feeling.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
One of the goals of IRCC was to streamline the process for spousal sponsorship apps. Note that just because SAs are being issued...it does not mean they are near the end if the process. It appears they are doing Sponsor approvals earlier like with the outland stream.

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hello,

Does anyone know how to link the Open Work Permit App?

I have linked the Sponsorship application but have trouble with the OWP.

Thanks!

joannet

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
You would not be able to until close to 3 months after you've applied - what I was told by a call center agent. You can call and ask them if they see it though, if that would bring peace of mind. They told me to wait the 4 months and call if I have not received anything.

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
Annjo89 said:
Hello,

Does anyone know how to link the Open Work Permit App?

I have linked the Sponsorship application but have trouble with the OWP.

Thanks!
In the myCIC account main page, you can link the OWP application but using the UCI number and selecting temporary resident visa / work permit. Follow the instructions and it should link. We got ours to link 3 days after getting the PR application linked.

Wuf13

Apr 27, 2017
Jiro said:
In the myCIC account main page, you can link the OWP application but using the UCI number and selecting temporary resident visa / work permit. Follow the instructions and it should link. We got ours to link 3 days after getting the PR application linked.
Hello, does OWP link starts with "W" and then numbers? I read your post and tried to link my OWP today. Ive found in my GCKey under Application Type it's state as Online Application. Is it true?

Thanks

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
Wuf13 said:
Hello, does OWP link starts with "W" and then numbers? I read your post and tried to link my OWP today. Ive found in my GCKey under Application Type it's state as Online Application. Is it true?

Thanks
Yes.

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
It seems to be a common issue that most applicants are not receiving this correspondence which is typically for a Schedule A IMM5669 request and police criminality certificate.

What is written on IRCC's website is that they will send correspondence by email or by a physical letter if you fail to link within 7 days. Now as it is well past 7 days for your case, I would be pressing for your representative to keep calling and asking from IRCC what they have required from you.

Kalimar

Jul 20, 2011
Hello... I didn't even know that the law changed in December 2016. I want to think that this is good news.

I have a Russian/Ukrainian girlfriend I met online. We've had an online relationship for some eight months now. Due to my work, I will only be able to visit her in Ukraine in December this year. We plan to get married in that visit, with attendance of her family members.

I have a few questions: I think that I can bring her to live in Canada with me right after the marriage. Is this true? And if so, can she come with a common visitor visa, then we start living together, and after one year, we apply for spousal sponsorship?

She is a Russian citizen, though most of her family lives in Ukraine, including her parents. Is it particularly difficult for Russians to get a visa to Canada?

Red flags are tenuous, as she is 48 and I am 55, so obviously she's not some young bimbo trying to use me just to get the residence.

Maybe the real question is what can we do to speed up the process. She'd be very happy if we don't have to wait during the process of her spousal/sponsorship visa.

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
Kalimar said:
Hello... I didn't even know that the law changed in December 2016. I want to think that this is good news.

I have a Russian/Ukrainian girlfriend I met online. We've had an online relationship for some eight months now. Due to my work, I will only be able to visit her in Ukraine in December this year. We plan to get married in that visit, with attendance of her family members.

I have a few questions: I think that I can bring her to live in Canada with me right after the marriage. Is this true? And if so, can she come with a common visitor visa, then we start living together, and after one year, we apply for spousal sponsorship?

She is a Russian citizen, though most of her family lives in Ukraine, including her parents. Is it particularly difficult for Russians to get a visa to Canada?

Red flags are tenuous, as she is 48 and I am 55, so obviously she's not some young bimbo trying to use me just to get the residence.

Maybe the real question is what can we do to speed up the process. She'd be very happy if we don't have to wait during the process of her spousal/sponsorship visa.
If you are legally married, she can come to Canada on a visitor's visa the following day and apply for an inland PR. With an Open Work Permit application attached to the PR, she will get implied status and can start working with it once received (approx 3-4 months). I do not know about the difficulty of getting a visa for Russians.

As for speeding up the process, 12 months is the IRCC's target to get inland and outland PR's completed. Getting a complete application package will also avoid any delays from application being returned. Hiring an immigration lawyer for advice may be a good idea if you want to cover your bases. There is a lot of good info online from the government. It seems that you're just about on the cusp of taking the plunge for sponsorship/immigration. I would suggest you read up and understand for yourself.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
I already apply for Spousal File and CIC received it on 18th April 2017 but I didn't received any AOR, any idea when I will get it? How many days CIC took to give us AOR?

Thank you in Advance :)

Marina93

Dec 2, 2016
Manitoba
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
AOR Received.
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
31-01-2018
Source_Of_Smile said:
I already apply for Spousal File and CIC received it on 18th April 2017 but I didn't received any AOR, any idea when I will get it? How many days CIC took to give us AOR?

Thank you in Advance :)
Average for 2017 so far has been around 3 weeks for AOR

Kalimar

Jul 20, 2011
Jiro said:
If you are legally married, she can come to Canada on a visitor's visa the following day and apply for an inland PR. With an Open Work Permit application attached to the PR, she will get implied status and can start working with it once received (approx 3-4 months). I do not know about the difficulty of getting a visa for Russians.

As for speeding up the process, 12 months is the IRCC's target to get inland and outland PR's completed. Getting a complete application package will also avoid any delays from application being returned. Hiring an immigration lawyer for advice may be a good idea if you want to cover your bases. There is a lot of good info online from the government. It seems that you're just about on the cusp of taking the plunge for sponsorship/immigration. I would suggest you read up and understand for yourself.
Thank you very much!