Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
If pattern persists people from the 5th, 6th 9th and 10th should get theirs this week.... we are October 16th ourselves

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Hi group,

I have a question for those guys who came in Canada on ETA as a Visitor and then they submitted their OWP application with Inland PR application ? My question is that I have to leave canada I have valid ETA as a visitor which I used when I came in Canada as a visitor and now I have submitted my PR application with Open Work permit application so would I get new ETA to re-enter in canada? when my OWP application approves so IRCC will automatically issue new ETA as a worker to re-enter in Canada to me? or I have to apply separately (myself) for new ETA? further if IRCC will issue me new ETA how would I receive it ? will they send ETA to my home with Work permit or they will send via email to me when they approve my work permit application ? could some one please guide me . Thanks

Bshaw

Jun 21, 2017
Hello guys
After months of preparing my application for common law sponsorship and owp, I'm waiting patiently with little anxiousness.

Sent application: Dec 1 2017
Delivered: Dec 4 2017
Awaiting AOR

Will give updates. Best wishes to 2017 Spousal sponsorship

Bshaw

Jun 21, 2017
Hey guys, could I ask you why you chose inland? I still haven’t decided what route to go for. I’m already in Canada.
Hello I chose inland as I want to work while my application is being process for PR,if I had chose for outland,I cannot work until a decision is made

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Hey guys, could I ask you why you chose inland? I still haven’t decided what route to go for. I’m already in Canada.
Well, I didn't want to quit my job. That would be the most important thing. If you qualify for inland sponsorship, then why wouldn't you go for it? The waiting game is a little annoying but you get to legally work here and stay with your bf/husband :)

walasadi

Nov 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
08-11-2017
Okay, so I have my Schedule A ready and the police certificate for Canada, but I haven't heard anything from the FBI for the police certificate from the US that I sent that off in September. When I sent it off, the website said it should take about 10-12 weeks, but the processing time on the site seems to be increasing more and more.... now it says 14-16 weeks, and that isn't including the amount of time needed to mail it. :/ I got the letter requesting for the documents in October and it said they need to be submitted by December 11th. It doesn't look like I will be able to get it in time. :( The letter says if I can't get it that I need to write a letter and submit proof like a payment receipt or a tracking number, but I don't have either of those since they still have not charged the credit card and I don't have tracking. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
Hey - we were in a similar situation, we were in chicago so we were able to do it through a channeler and get it an electronic copy the same day and a mailed copy within a week. If you are able to, I suggest driving down to the US to get it

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Hi group,

I have a question for those guys who came in Canada on ETA as a Visitor and then they submitted their OWP application with Inland PR application ? My question is that I have to leave canada I have valid ETA as a visitor which I used when I came in Canada as a visitor and now I have submitted my PR application with Open Work permit application so would I get new ETA to re-enter in canada? when my OWP application approves so IRCC will automatically issue new ETA as a worker to re-enter in Canada to me? or I have to apply separately (myself) for new ETA? further if IRCC will issue me new ETA how would I receive it ? will they send ETA to my home with Work permit or they will send via email to me when they approve my work permit application ? could some one please guide me . Thanks
My spouse is on a valid ETA until 2022 he has went to england while we wait for the OWP due to a family emergency. When I called CIC they said as long as its a valid ETA they will process your application as submitted inland. Hope that helps. If you look back in this feed to around November 5-10 I posted what CIC told me!!! Good luck

Reactions: brille_sky

MDch

Sep 12, 2017
Hi everyone!

I need a bit of advise. Hopefully someone has some insight.

If all goes well, I expect to get the Open Work Permit (OWP) at the latest by January 22, 2018 (4 months after CIC received our sponsorship application). Currently my husband (applicant) is on a visitor visa that expires January 10, 2018.

My question is.. should we apply for an extension of his visitor visa? My worry is that the OWP might not be approved if they look at it after January 10 and he would be 'out-of-status' if that was the case.

My instincts are telling me to go safe and apply for a visitor extension but I'm not sure if its necessary since we already have Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) of our sponsorship application.

Any thoughts/advise?

Thanks so much in advance and good luck to everyone going through this process!

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
Hi everyone!

I need a bit of advise. Hopefully someone has some insight.

If all goes well, I expect to get the Open Work Permit (OWP) at the latest by January 22, 2018 (4 months after CIC received our sponsorship application). Currently my husband (applicant) is on a visitor visa that expires January 10, 2018.

My question is.. should we apply for an extension of his visitor visa? My worry is that the OWP might not be approved if they look at it after January 10 and he would be 'out-of-status' if that was the case.

My instincts are telling me to go safe and apply for a visitor extension but I'm not sure if its necessary since we already have Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) of our sponsorship application.

Any thoughts/advise?

Thanks so much in advance and good luck to everyone going through this process!
No need, he has implied status as a visitor the moment you mailed the app. Only risk is if they return the app as incomplete, but assuming you've got AoR by now anyway?

Reactions: MDch