+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

PHL

Apr 5, 2017
hello! I have a situation going on ,can someone please help??

So our application got received, I(sponsor)got the SA letter, and my wife got the AOR letter.
My wife got an email from CIC requesting for the schedule-A & PCC.
CIC is asking her to link our application online.(within 7 days)
We were able to link our application online (after 4 days of trying)
But the problem is ,in her online account there is NO message/request for the schedule-A & PCC. which means there is NO upload button available to attach any documents. it has been 11 days since we linked our application, and our due date on submitting schedule-A & PCC is on April 20,2017.
what is the best thing to do?? send them via IRCC webform?? or wait for a response??
We already reported the technical issue via IRCC web form 2 days ago, but still no response from them.
please help ,thank you!

Reactions: Lmac4

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
PHL said:
hello! I have a situation going on ,can someone please help??

So our application got received, I(sponsor)got the SA letter, and my wife got the AOR letter.
My wife got an email from CIC requesting for the schedule-A & PCC.
CIC is asking her to link our application online.(within 7 days)
We were able to link our application online (after 4 days of trying)
But the problem is ,in her online account there is NO message/request for the schedule-A & PCC. which means there is NO upload button available to attach any documents. it has been 11 days since we linked our application, and our due date on submitting schedule-A & PCC is on April 20,2017.
what is the best thing to do?? send them via IRCC webform?? or wait for a response??
We already reported the technical issue via IRCC web form 2 days ago, but still no response from them.
please help ,thank you!
Include a copy of the document request, and the documents via Web Form. Explain the reason it came that way. Easy. :)

vampirepeach

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
I submitted my application last Dec. the current situation is reviewing my background. I do not know how long it is going to take. it is already 1 month past.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
vampirepeach said:
I submitted my application last Dec. the current situation is reviewing my background. I do not know how long it is going to take. it is already 1 month past.
It's highly variable, based on several factors. In our case, it change to that state July 2016 and remained that way until about 3 weeks ago. The typical time is 3-6 months from what I have read...

Strata

Apr 6, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm new here, I've been going through this thread for the past 5 hours and I must confess I've been getting some very vital information here. Anyways I'm here because I need help with my application which i'll be submitting in next couple of days. I got married towards the end of December 2016, I have my marriage certificate (official one) and I've completed most of the forms but I do have a few concerns.

1. My wife and I do not live together currently due to her working in a different province and I attend school else where. But we've both agreed that she will relocate as soon as she's able to secure a job in my city and I clearly stated it while completing the forms. Is this going to be a red flag?

2. She is supposed to be the sponsor but since she will be the one to relocate and move in with me I decided to add her to my utility bills which now has both our names written on it. Also we operate a joint account together and I do have air plane tickets from the times we spent visiting each other. I'm also thinking about getting letters from my friends and loved ones confirming our relationship. What other documents can I add to prove that my relationship is genuine? I am the principal applicant and she's the sponsor......Help a brother out....I'M WORRIED.

mr-moose

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Waterloo, ON
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-08-2017
vampirepeach said:
We have a similar time line to yourselves. Given they state the whole process could take 12 months, I won't start asking questions until the second half of the year...if we haven't already had updates by then.

Like you though, I hope it is closer to the 3 month mark. Ideally, it'd be good to get there at the start of the Canadian school year for the kids.

marrynated

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PHL said:
When did you post your application? When did CIC start working on it?

Also, vampirepeach, same questions for you please.

vampirepeach

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
marrynated said:
When did you post your application? When did CIC start working on it?

Also, vampirepeach, same questions for you please.
I remember I sent my package on Dec 1, 2016.
They said they began to process my app on Dec 19, 2016. But I think they began to work on mine in March of this year.

marrynated

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vampirepeach said:
I remember I sent my package on Dec 1, 2016.
They said they began to process my app on Dec 19, 2016. But I think they began to work on mine in March of this year.
Oh, so there will be almost 3 months of gap between AOR and when they ACTUALLY start working on our applications! ?

Did you have same situation as it took so long for upload buttons for Schedule A and PCC appear in the profile? How long?

vampirepeach

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
marrynated said:
Oh, so there will be almost 3 months of gap between AOR and when they ACTUALLY start working on our applications! ?

Did you have same situation as it took so long for upload buttons for Schedule A and PCC appear in the profile? How long?
In my case, I believe there is 3 month gasp. I did not upload anything yet, so I have no idea. I mailed my package by Canada post, the most expensive service, one day delivery. And, right now, just wait.

marrynated

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vampirepeach said:
In my case, I believe there is 3 month gasp. I did not upload anything yet, so I have no idea. I mailed my package by Canada post, the most expensive service, one day delivery. And, right now, just wait.
Oh really? Not asked to upload Schedule A or Police Certificate yet?

vampirepeach

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
marrynated said:
Oh really? Not asked to upload Schedule A or Police Certificate yet?
I sent everything in my package. Also, I did upfront medical exam. So I do not think I need anything more, except wait!

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Lots of e-mails and they will ask for 20 pictures showing you together and doing things with family and friends (write on the back of each picture the PA name, and birthdate and a brief description )... Any type of bill with both your names on them,, and if possible cell phone bills showing calls to each other.. My wife and I have been together a good long time and she Immigrated south to the US 10 years ago, now I am coming to Canada and we still had to show a good amount of documentation showing our relationship.. And id write a letter explaining your situation and why you are not living together. Just be HONEST and detailed in the letter !

Good luck to you both !

Strata said:
Hi everyone, I'm new here, I've been going through this thread for the past 5 hours and I must confess I've been getting some very vital information here. Anyways I'm here because I need help with my application which i'll be submitting in next couple of days. I got married towards the end of December 2016, I have my marriage certificate (official one) and I've completed most of the forms but I do have a few concerns.

1. My wife and I do not live together currently due to her working in a different province and I attend school else where. But we've both agreed that she will relocate as soon as she's able to secure a job in my city and I clearly stated it while completing the forms. Is this going to be a red flag?

2. She is supposed to be the sponsor but since she will be the one to relocate and move in with me I decided to add her to my utility bills which now has both our names written on it. Also we operate a joint account together and I do have air plane tickets from the times we spent visiting each other. I'm also thinking about getting letters from my friends and loved ones confirming our relationship. What other documents can I add to prove that my relationship is genuine? I am the principal applicant and she's the sponsor......Help a brother out....I'M WORRIED.

Strata

Apr 6, 2017
Hi everyone, Just clarify something real quick....My wife doesn't remember the month and day she became a Canadian citizen, although she remembers the year..... as she was very little when her family moved here. Is this gonna be a red flag? I'm worried.