23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
Hi Everyone

Just wondering if anyone has a contact number for the Vegreville office? Or Mississauga? Or a general enquiry number?

I just received a request for additional documentation. I work for the City of Brampton and had listed on my PR application that I work in a government position. I am just an office clerk with the city and what they seem to need is more military or police based and i do not think it applies to me. I would like to talk to someone about the additional documents they require to double check once i explain my position if they still need everything.

Thank you

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
@profiler
Am just making light of the situation.
I know where Afghanistan is, never been there
Wouldn't want to be there nor would I want that experience.
Yesterday was just a bad day and that correspondence topped it off.
My issue was just how these professionals associate a Caribbean national with having ties or involvement with being an Afghan police officer???
I thought if this was a mistake
Or hackers message etc
So I gave rise to other questions
HOW SAFE IS OUR PERSONAL INFORMATION with CIC?
I don't know.
So yes am calling CIC this morning with the hope they can clarify this .
HOW MUCH SIMILAR MISTAKES ARE THERE?
This is pretty frightening

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Looks like I was hit with one of those PCC requests that went out yesterday

If you have not yet submitted the following documents, you must submit them to this office:

Police Certificate(s)

The principal applicant (and all family members 18 years or older) is required to submit a police

certificate(s) from the:

• The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18;

AS per most of the other July applicants, we already sent this in with our application last year.
I think I'm just going to send them a CSE with a photocopy of the original that we sent in already, or should i just mail them it ?

One thing however, some other recipients did note that there was a line that said " please disregard if you have already provided " or something to that effect....i don't see those words on here so I am mentally debating if this is an actual request for a new PCC.

Fake sugar Tuesdays commences...lol

*EDIT* I just saw the whole "If you have already submitted police certificates as noted above please disregard" line on the letter....
This is what happen when you diet on tuesdays, vision goes

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
bex0987 said:
Hi Everyone

Just wondering if anyone has a contact number for the Vegreville office? Or Mississauga? Or a general enquiry number?

I just received a request for additional documentation. I work for the City of Brampton and had listed on my PR application that I work in a government position. I am just an office clerk with the city and what they seem to need is more military or police based and i do not think it applies to me. I would like to talk to someone about the additional documents they require to double check once i explain my position if they still need everything.

Thank you
888-242-2100. That's the only way to contact CIC by phone. You can also try to contact via a representative (or via MP).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
Looks like I was hit with one of those PCC requests that went out yesterday

If you have not yet submitted the following documents, you must submit them to this office:

Police Certificate(s)

The principal applicant (and all family members 18 years or older) is required to submit a police

certificate(s) from the:

• The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18;

AS per most of the other July applicants, we already sent this in with our application last year.
I think I'm just going to send them a CSE with a photocopy of the original that we sent in already, or should i just mail them it ?

One thing however, some other recipients did note that there was a line that said " please disregard if you have already provided " or something to that effect....i don't see those words on here so I am mentally debating if this is an actual request for a new PCC.

Fake sugar Tuesdays commences...lol
As Simpsol22 pointed out last night. Many of us 'old timers' caught the same sweep last year. At that time, it was more direct, and requested from specific countries. So, my wife contacted the Russian Consulate in Toronto, and requested a new PCC. We had it within days. So, we just couriered the copy in. Later, our MP told us that we didn't have to, that CIC made a mistake (it was included on the file).

But, it doesn't hurt to resubmit. It also makes you feel like you are doing something to help the process.

What's this talk of diets, and diabetes. like hell if I am gunna cut sugar outta my diet! You'll pull the packets from my cold, dead hands!

Apr 5, 2017
profiler said:
No problem. Broken record is fine. 2016 thread gets congested with my musings and rant posts anyway. So blame me for having to repost :). Congrats on the OWP...

OHIP no. You need to have an employer who is employing you for at least 6 months (and a letter from them stating it), or AIP to be eligible. There are other documents required as well.

SA is next. They will do things in the background (Security, Criminality, Background), and they will request a Medical and your PCC (if not already supplied). From there it's AIP. Some have noted missing SA (and sometimes, even AIP).

The problem with travel is that you could be refused re-entry at the border. That is amplified by the fact that you are seeking entry with dual intent (you are seeking to be a temporary resident, and have a permanent resident application in process).

Thank you Profiler!

If your sponsor is a PR (and not a citizen), they must remain in Canada. If they do not, or if you are not permitted re-entry, your application could be refused.

That said, if you choose to travel, carry your OWP and proofs that you have significant ties to India (to state that you will go back if the PR application is refused). That should increase your likelihood that you won't be refused because of dual intent.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
meaningful1 said:
@profiler
Am just making light of the situation.
I know where Afghanistan is, never been there
Wouldn't want to be there nor would I want that experience.
Yesterday was just a bad day and that correspondence topped it off.
My issue was just how these professionals associate a Caribbean national with having ties or involvement with being an Afghan police officer???
I thought if this was a mistake
Or hackers message etc
So I gave rise to other questions
HOW SAFE IS OUR PERSONAL INFORMATION with CIC?
I don't know.
So yes am calling CIC this morning with the hope they can clarify this .
HOW MUCH SIMILAR MISTAKES ARE THERE?
This is pretty frightening
Let me ask you this.

Is there another John Smith out there? Maybe, just maybe there is another John Smith out there, who happens to have been a police officer in Afghanistan?

I can tell you, that in the city I live in, there is another person who has exactly the same name as me. He even uses the shortened form of the first name as I do. Even close to the same age. Maybe he was in Afghanistan too?

I'd say your information is pretty secure at CIC. I have been the victim in a government data breach (HRSDC student loan docs were lost on a portable hard drive in 2012). I can tell you, since then, they have been anal about security (because the class who had their data lost, is suing the fed for hundreds of millions of dollars).

You might consider this, too: maybe that email was sent, because someone looked at your file, and changed a selection box by mistake. Have you never used a browser, and made an error like that?

You may want to reign it in a bit. You're pretty reactive.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
As Simpsol22 pointed out last night. Many of us 'old timers' caught the same sweep last year. At that time, it was more direct, and requested from specific countries. So, my wife contacted the Russian Consulate in Toronto, and requested a new PCC. We had it within days. So, we just couriered the copy in. Later, our MP told us that we didn't have to, that CIC made a mistake (it was included on the file).

But, it doesn't hurt to resubmit. It also makes you feel like you are doing something to help the process.

What's this talk of diets, and diabetes. like hell if I am gunna cut sugar outta my diet! You'll pull the packets from my cold, dead hands!
I'll resubmit the same one now that I saw it did in fact include that note to disregard if we already submitted. Will also include a note that we already submitted this too...no biggie

I think some people will receive some good news today!

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
Let me ask you this.

Is there another John Smith out there? Maybe, just maybe there is another John Smith out there, who happens to have been a police officer in Afghanistan?

I can tell you, that in the city I live in, there is another person who has exactly the same name as me. He even uses the shortened form of the first name as I do. Even close to the same age. Maybe he was in Afghanistan too?

I'd say your information is pretty secure at CIC. I have been the victim in a government data breach (HRSDC student loan docs were lost on a portable hard drive in 2012). I can tell you, since then, they have been anal about security (because the class who had their data lost, is suing the fed for hundreds of millions of dollars).

You might consider this, too: maybe that email was sent, because someone looked at your file, and changed a selection box by mistake. Have you never used a browser, and made an error like that?

You may want to reign it in a bit. You're pretty reactive.
+1

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
April 10, 2017 Request for Further Info
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
profiler said:
888-242-2100. That's the only way to contact CIC by phone. You can also try to contact via a representative (or via MP).
Thanks Profiler!! Really appreciate it!!

I was sent the same letter as meaningful1 but mine is legit they asked about my government work here in Canada but the letter is definitely more military or police based and i am just a clerical worker so i dont know how much the letter applies, thats why i want to call to find out about it.

Thank you again!!!!!!!!! :D

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
I'll resubmit the same one now that I saw it did in fact include that note to disregard if we already submitted. Will also include a note that we already submitted this too...no biggie

I think some people will receive some good news today!
Agreed... Last year they really ramped up production around spring and fall. Because they slow during the summer (*apparently* they are *allowed* to take vacations!).

By ramped up, I mean they went from 2,000 cases in 2015, to 5,200 cases in 2016 for the same quarter (spring).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
bex0987 said:
Thanks Profiler!! Really appreciate it!!

I was sent the same letter as meaningful1 but mine is legit they asked about my government work here in Canada but the letter is definitely more military or police based and i am just a clerical worker so i dont know how much the letter applies, thats why i want to call to find out about it.

Thank you again!!!!!!!!! :D

You bet. Police are employed by cities or regions. So, that would actually make sense.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
Agreed... Last year they really ramped up production around spring and fall. Because they slow during the summer (*apparently* they are *allowed* to take vacations!).

By ramped up, I mean they went from 2,000 cases in 2015, to 5,200 cases in 2016 for the same quarter (spring).
Vacations!!! How dare they try to have a life and family and plans and thing to do .... don't they know we're trying to get through this process so we can have a life and a family and plans and things to do !

The audacity ;)

RAConop

Sep 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2016
AOR Received.
July 12, 2016
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
October 2016
Hi again everyone!

I just checked my ECAS, it says that my application is "DECISION MADE" but I just received the letter yesterday requesting for PCC from my country. Upon MyCIC log-in, it doesn't says that it is decision made. this is confusing.

I have received our SA-AIP on March 29. Applied on June 2016
Any light on this?

Thanks.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RAConop said:
Hi again everyone!

I just checked my ECAS, it says that my application is "DECISION MADE" but I just received the letter yesterday requesting for PCC from my country. Upon MyCIC log-in, it doesn't says that it is decision made. this is confusing.

I have received our SA-AIP on March 29. Applied on June 2016
Any light on this?

Thanks.

Around 6 tonight, you will probably see a letter in your inbox. They seem to send them in batches at 00:00:00 UTC (6PM Eastern).

Congrats! Now it's time for landing!

As to the letter, if you have a DM, they processed your case this morning (probably completed the criminality this morning). If you submitted a PCC, and they send you a DM letter tonight, then you are done. Don't worry about it.