28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
meaningful1 said:
Lol
Thanks carol. My wife think am a cry baby . so am not crying no more ha ha ha
I hope tomorrow they will take care of me and I won't resume crying again
Lol

It's not big deal I have west Indian friend plus i am half west Indian on dad side and half east indian from mom side my mom is Catholic born in pakistan but her people are from goa and you know west Indian women are nosense suck it up and deal with it

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-04-2016 & AOR 2 10-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
04-11-2016; Passed end of March 2017
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
carolbb23 said:
because that's the date I applied which means I might get something soon or not and get left behind. So close.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
legolg said:
because that's the date I applied which means I might get something soon or not and get left behind. So close.

We all need to hang in there kid

rganesh

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Nov 2016
Hey guys, How long does it usually take to get the OWP letter by mail.?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Momo0630 said:
pls I am new to this forum,Got this message from cic It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements. Is this AIP or what??
Congrats. It's AIP.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
SC2VHL said:
Never heard of afganistan? The talk is about iran and it's neighbour countries since step 11, 2011. Maybe, it's not news for you, but it's quite significant here in the NA.
Sept 11 2001....

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
rganesh said:
Hey guys, How long does it usually take to get the OWP letter by mail.?
Hard to say.. couple weeks maybe? When the wife applied, it took 4 months...

From the date she applied..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
legolg said:

@GuyanaGirl: think you can work the voodoo angle to target legolg on this, the sugariest of sugar tuesdays?

C'mon CIC - the kid needs a break.

@legolg: matthars was SA a week before me. And we applied on the same day. So, don't fret if it's not today -- but we're pullin' for ya!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
simpsol22 said:
Sorry--don't have a lot of time to scroll comments...but if any of you got the request for a police check and you already sent it with your app....note that this happened last summer as well. You'll probably notice the letter states "IF you have not yet submitted the following documents" As well as mentioning to disregard the letter if you have already submitted the required documents.

A couple phone agents confirmed this is generic email. To be safe, you can just upload (via Case Specific Enquiry) a copy of your police check, the letter you received with a note stating the original was already sent --with your app/or however it was submitted.

Thanks CIC for confusing 100's of applicants AGAIN!! :(

Remember:
If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

You are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.

You have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
Hey Simpsol22... how's it going?

To further this, I can report that we did not get this PCC request. We were told via MP that our case has: BG check [COMPLETE], criminality [COMPLETE], security [COMPLETE], eligibility [COMPLETE]. We are just waiting for tomorrow's medical to be passed for DM.

I read that some who had got AIP had also gotten the message. So, what I can assume from this is, that the message was a batch message that was likely sent to any case that currently does not have criminality completed. So, you can possibly use this for information about your case (that isn't normally readily available). A blessing and a curse...

Apr 5, 2017
profiler said:
OWP is a separate application. You will get the permit in approximately 4 months (likely not earlier). But, rest assured, you have implied visitor status until you get that.

Some have had success finding or linking to their OWP applications in MyCIC. We didn't, but you can try...
Dear Profiler, I got my OWP on 7th April :) And SIN yesterday!
I believe the next step is Sponsor approval and/or Approval in Principle, which will take quite some time, can I travel back to India for a few week in the interim? Or is it too risky?
One more question - Can I apply for OHIP right away? Sorry, if it's a repeated question :(

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
SGuptaWadhawan said:
Dear Profiler, I got my OWP on 7th April :) And SIN yesterday!
I believe the next step is Sponsor approval and/or Approval in Principle, which will take quite some time, can I travel back to India for a few week in the interim? Or is it too risky?
One more question - Can I apply for OHIP right away? Sorry, if it's a repeated question :(
No problem. Broken record is fine. 2016 thread gets congested with my musings and rant posts anyway. So blame me for having to repost :). Congrats on the OWP...

OHIP no. You need to have an employer who is employing you for at least 6 months (and a letter from them stating it), or AIP to be eligible. There are other documents required as well. See: http://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/health-ohip-card/what-documents-do-i-need-to-apply-for-a-health-card-ohip/

SA is next. They will do things in the background (Security, Criminality, Background), and they will request a Medical and your PCC (if not already supplied). From there it's AIP. Some have noted missing SA (and sometimes, even AIP).

The problem with travel is that you could be refused re-entry at the border. That is amplified by the fact that you are seeking entry with dual intent (you are seeking to be a temporary resident, and have a permanent resident application in process). See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp .

If your sponsor is a PR (and not a citizen), they must remain in Canada. If they do not, or if you are not permitted re-entry, your application could be refused.

That said, if you choose to travel, carry your OWP and proofs that you have significant ties to India (to state that you will go back if the PR application is refused). That should increase your likelihood that you won't be refused because of dual intent.