+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Hello_123

Nov 5, 2016
simpsol22 said:
Same exact as mine. we Applied Dec 1/2015. Also got criminal record request June---despite them already having it since January. Tried to get info from phone agent yesterday, but nothing is being done and was told just to keep waiting.
@simpsol22 same with us too! criminal check provided in our original submission but got an email from the processing office requesting it. Mailed it and waiting.... Suppose no news is good news at this stage. Good luck!

Gabrielhca

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Hello_123 said:
@simpsol22 same with us too! criminal check provided in our original submission but got an email from the processing office requesting it. Mailed it and waiting.... Suppose no news is good news at this stage. Good luck!
I hope my application don't take 2 years... ( I'm with my wife for 6 years) and people getting married without know each other a week, with no pictures.... getting their spouses PR in 6 months...
Sounds very stupid for everyone that I say that.

Sorry guys, but sometimes it make no sense.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
Gabrielhca said:
I hope my application don't take 2 years... ( I'm with my wife for 6 years) and people getting married without know each other a week, with no pictures.... getting their spouses PR in 6 months...

I agree. Been together with my husband 6.5 years---although married for just over 15 months. known each other 14 years. We have such a basic app, provided lots of photos and backup and it is hard seeing the others get it so quick.

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Gabrielhca said:

You knew the processing time before you applied. If you wanted a 6 month processing time (highly unlikely anyway), you should have applied outland. How do you know these other people have only been married 1 week and have no pictures? I'm happy those people are getting their application completed so that the queue is reduced and the agents can start processing ours.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
polarvolcano said:
You knew the processing time before you applied. If you wanted a 6 month processing time (highly unlikely anyway), you should have applied outland. How do you know these other people have only been married 1 week and have no pictures? I'm happy those people are getting their application completed so that the queue is reduced and the agents can start processing ours.
I was also told by that lawyer I consulted that inlanders have a higher approval rate. The rate CIC states is 85%. The reason is they have to spend the time waiting together in Canada.

ElyV

Nov 6, 2016
Hey all!

I'm new to this forum, i have few questions if anyone could enlighten me it'd be much appreciated.

What is the job of CPC Mississauga? Do they approve anything before sending your application to Vegreville or they just check that your application is complete?

Application sent on the 1st of April 2016. AOR received the 20th of April and around June they requested a police certificate to be sent to Vegreville.
CRC received by CIC Aug 12.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ElyV said:
Hey all!

I'm new to this forum, i have few questions if anyone could enlighten me it'd be much appreciated.

What is the job of CPC Mississauga? Do they approve anything before sending your application to Vegreville or they just check that your application is complete?

Application sent on the 1st of April 2016. AOR received the 20th of April and around June they requested a police certificate to be sent to Vegreville.
CRC received by CIC Aug 12.
CPC-V used to do all the permits, after doing inland PRs (it's a terribly slow office). CPC-M does virtually all the processing now for inlands, and they get sent to local VOs inland to issue or interview. CPC-V backs up CPC-M when load gets high.

That said, I believe CPC-V did all the security and criminality checks for inlanders this year.

Many have had to send PCCs to Vegreville this year. ..

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@Profiler I did not know that me and husband, before we got married we lived together for two years and June 30 2016 we been married for one year. So November 1 2016 3 years living together so we been together for 4 years 3 years living together plus one year married. I did not know people has a better chance in land wow everyone's quiet this weekend

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
@Profiler I did not know that me and husband, before we got married we lived together for two years and June 30 2016 we been married for one year. So November 1 2016 3 years living together so we been together for 4 years 3 years living together plus one year married. I did not know people has a better chance in land wow everyone's quiet this weekend
Think about it: You have to live together in Canada, right? Where outland, you are applying for someone who is related to you who is overseas. The lawyer explained that the visa officers do see the context that the application is being made in. That's why you will find that people who are married and file inland might get asked for cohabitation proofs, but usually after that it's smooth sailing...

Makes sense to me anyway ;)

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@Profiler we meet in Canada yes we live together in Canada, my hubby has family in Canada he works in Canada in construction. We have joint bank account I am a benifercary in his account same with my . I have his union benefit card I hyphenated his last name we got married in downtown Toronto city hall were even approved by the attorney general of Ontario we have a long form marriage license of Ontario. I am entitled to his union penison fund and his benefits you understand now

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
@Profiler we meet in Canada yes we live together in Canada, my hubby has family in Canada he works in Canada in construction. We have joint bank account I am a benifercary in his account same with my . I have his union benefit card I hyphenated his last name we got married in downtown Toronto city hall were even approved by the attorney general of Ontario we have a long form marriage license of Ontario. I am entitled to his union penison fund and his benefits you understand now
I wasn't questioning your life. I was pointing out what was told to me...

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@ profiler We kept everything even with CRA I told them I got married he told CRA too we did our taxes together this year. We kept gift recipts,pics and etc

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@profiler if you notice for your wife they have our in 5 categories sorry about that it's inland his son is in Portugal and cic knows about it.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@profiler when garibellhc said that people who barley know each other and married a week getting pr at 6 months said hey never thought of it people talk about know there spouse along time sorry for being a saltyear Carmel preztle stick at starbucks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
@profiler when garibellhc said that people who barley know each other and married a week getting pr at 6 months said hey never thought of it people talk about know there spouse along time sorry for being a saltyear Carmel preztle stick at starbucks
Well, my wife and I know each other since 2013. So, we know each other enough that we felt comfortable marrying...