Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016/AOR 2 29-06-2016
muusehisman said:
Hi
How did you know they were doing background check on you?
My PR application is linked to MyCIC account, I get an email whenever there is a change in status on my account. When I looked what the change was, (expecting it to be Sponsor checking or something) It was Security - Started.

I'm not going to jinx myself by suggesting I'm one of the 34K, but everything including medicals and PCC's are there in my Application, and I'm a UK Citizen...looking at the timeline of the last landing above, and taking into account a 2.5 to 3 month period on the security screening from the UK (i'm basing this timeframe on those applying externally, who benefit from the expedited checking)....screening me now would clear me in 5 months (application date 3rd June 2016)..exactly same timeline as Immigeek. (fingers toes and eyes crossed)

muusehisman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
CanadianAlien said:
My PR application is linked to MyCIC account, I get an email whenever there is a change in status on my account. When I looked what the change was, (expecting it to be Sponsor checking or something) It was Security - Started.

I'm not going to jinx myself by suggesting I'm one of the 34K, but everything including medicals and PCC's are there in my Application, and I'm a UK Citizen...looking at the timeline of the last landing above, and taking into account a 2.5 to 3 month period on the security screening from the UK (i'm basing this timeframe on those applying externally, who benefit from the expedited checking)....screening me now would clear me in 5 months (application date 3rd June 2016)..exactly same timeline as Immigeek. (fingers toes and eyes crossed)

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
April 10, 2017 Request for Further Info
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
Does anyone know if it is taking CIC a full 4 months to process the OWP? Or are they managing it faster at the moment?

My concern is if I apply now or in the next couple of days the December 22, 2016 deadline they have for the pilot program will be reached before my application is processed.

Any thoughts you can provide or instances where it has been processed faster would be very much appreciated! :)

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
bex0987 said:
Does anyone know if it is taking CIC a full 4 months to process the OWP? Or are they managing it faster at the moment?

My concern is if I apply now or in the next couple of days the December 22, 2016 deadline they have for the pilot program will be reached before my application is processed.

Any thoughts you can provide or instances where it has been processed faster would be very much appreciated! :)
apply quickly!
ZumbaG

ImmiGeek

Aug 3, 2016
bex0987 said:

The pilot project expiry is the last day to file the application, so as long as you send it off by then you're good, regardless of processing times

758IG

Dec 14, 2015
CanadianAlien said:

I'm in the same exact position as you .... Sent in my application on may 16th got my AOR1 on June 29 and I am yet to receive AIP or SA ,when I checked my account I saw background check in process.... so ...I called on Tuesday 2nd of August and the person I spoke with said that I am part of the 34k applicants ... I do not know exactly what is going on.. I haven't submitted my medical as yet either ... but I think I will in the upcoming weeks because I do not want to slow down the process...

inlandguy

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Hello 758IG and CanadianAlien,

When checking your ECAS, what is the status of your PR application? was it still application received or in Process?

Thank you.

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
April 10, 2017 Request for Further Info
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
ImmiGeek said:
The pilot project expiry is the last day to file the application, so as long as you send it off by then you're good, regardless of processing times
Thanks for the reply ImmiGeek and ZumvaG! ! Will get it sent off ASAP!

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
muusehisman said:
I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST CANADIANALIEN.I APPLIED ON JANUARY 11AAND I RECEIVED AIP ON JULY13.
CROSSING MY FINGERS TOOO.
HI Muusehisman,

if you want you can enter your time line here to help others to better understand the processing times:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=658237024

cheers
ZumbaG

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
hi 2016 folks
we just got off the phone with CIC asking about some workpermit issues.

We have also inquired about our sponsorship applications and what they have told that applications which are part of the backlog reduction pilot will be completed by the end of the year the latest!

therefore I expect to see lots of DMs in this thread in the coming months !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZumbaG

CanadianAlien

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
Well going on 758IG's post, who has exactly the same AOR dates as me and also the security check started but nothing else.....it might be a happy christmas in my house :) (still crossing those fingers toes and eyes..and what the hell..testicles)

CanadianAlien

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
inlandguy said:
Hello 758IG and CanadianAlien,

When checking your ECAS, what is the status of your PR application? was it still application received or in Process?

Thank you.
I've never trusted ECAS, I just checked it, and of course it is showing application received.

sheisoptimistic

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga to Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
29-APR-2016 / AIP 14-JUL-2016
File Transfer...
05-JUL-2016
Med's Request
14-JUL-2016
Med's Done....
27-JUL-2016
Interview........
Etobicoke
Passport Req..
17-JUN-2016
CanadianAlien said:
I've never trusted ECAS, I just checked it, and of course it is showing application received.
mine as well.. and I can't link my husbands app.. tried so many times to no avail.
does anyone know if calling CIC would be the path to go if I need to link, will they be able to tell me
information to put in so it can link.. it's frustrating.. I try a different scenario everyday