+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

like0417

May 19, 2017
Your Situation is same with me a week ago. It's a system glitch (thanks to @profiler ). You dont have to worry about that additional documents needed unless there's a message.

after i passed the medical exam that was posted in my cic account i've got decision made close to a month. Just wait for it. almost there.
Thank you Pedropil;)

Reactions: pedropil

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
It killed me waiting for my wife's redo medical... CIC was told by the MP when it was being done. So once they had it, they hustled with the results...but if they don't know when to expect it, they just sit on their hands...
Jeesh! Anything they've asked for I've hustled to send it the same day! Lol.. the medical I had to wait 2 days to do plus the processing date for them to send to immigration. But hey profiler you're good to go. You've successfully completed it all and that's where the rest of us wanna be

kokopelli

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2016
AOR Received.
15-05-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront before app submitted
Interview........
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
To him, it doesn't matter. Just have it in by the due date. That's how lawyers work :(
Its just been a big poop show. Sometimes its been helpful to have a rep to lean on, but honestly, at this stage its becoming more of a roadblock. I just received another note from him telling me he'd go through all the docs again, and to not add anything new to the pile.

He's been unable to login to my CIC account for weeks now...which is unnerving. And the other day received some random notice that there was an update on my account and asked me to login. I was like, dude! I can't login because you're my rep and only one of us can have access!

ARGHHHBLAAHHH! End rant.

VC102

May 19, 2017
He probably was only asking to make conversation. It's an interesting thing to watch people who meet from vast distances apart, come together. Nervous? It's easy :). My wife broke out laughing when the landing officer we had started the questions (I had already briefed her). She was very nervous too, and didn't believe me that she was done until that moment. Imagine how she felt when they took her passport and went into the back to print her COPR LOL! In Russia (where she is from), that means you are paying a bribe, or being deported ...

Congrats! So, did they tell you not to travel until you get your PR card? If you need to go, how to get back?
I guess he did want to start a conversation but he was looking at a list before he asked. I thought he's going to give us relationship interview lol. He didn't mention anything about traveling. He just said about 8-12 weeks to receive the card by mail.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Jeesh! Anything they've asked for I've hustled to send it the same day! Lol.. the medical I had to wait 2 days to do plus the processing date for them to send to immigration. But hey profiler you're good to go. You've successfully completed it all and that's where the rest of us wanna be
The physician's office here was booked solid for 3 wks. Even though it was a recheck. They laughed and said, "why did you have to come back??? We know you're healthy!"

I have hung in there waiting for you slow-pokes to hurry up so I can retire! ;). I am doing my best to live out my promise that no one from 2016 is left behind....

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I guess he did want to start a conversation but he was looking at a list before he asked. I thought he's going to give us relationship interview lol. He didn't mention anything about traveling. He just said about 8-12 weeks to receive the card by mail.
57 days apparently to be shipped out, according to the check processing times tool.

To come back without, take your passport and COPR to a Canadian high commission or embassy and ask for a PR Travel Document. $50 and one time use.

Conversation for sure. They saw my wife's passport and exclaimed, "The Russian Federation?!". Then smiled and asked us to take a seat.

So you'll have an awesome Canada Day now :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Its just been a big poop show. Sometimes its been helpful to have a rep to lean on, but honestly, at this stage its becoming more of a roadblock. I just received another note from him telling me he'd go through all the docs again, and to not add anything new to the pile.

He's been unable to login to my CIC account for weeks now...which is unnerving. And the other day received some random notice that there was an update on my account and asked me to login. I was like, dude! I can't login because you're my rep and only one of us can have access!

ARGHHHBLAAHHH! End rant.
LMFAO!!! I love it!!! Sorry I can't help by lmao at that. So is he billing per hour?

So it's not really helpful to have rep. You can totally do the app yourself. Many, many, many people do and have much success.

Anyway, you're almost done.. Soon it will just be a distant memory...

Do you plan to go for dual citizen? Or no? If so, do it yourself. I posted a quick review of the current docs earlier today. It's 1 form. A lot of check boxes. No medical, and only $630.

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Your Situation is same with me a week ago. It's a system glitch (thanks to @profiler ). You dont have to worry about that additional documents needed unless there's a message.

after i passed the medical exam that was posted in my cic account i've got decision made close to a month. Just wait for it. almost there.
ECAS:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

Mex_eskimo

Feb 8, 2017
Hey guys! I have a question. We applied October 2016. When we applied we sent in everything. Including the medicals which was done July 2016. We hired a rep, so all I have access to is the CIC. On there it states that my husband's medicals have been recieved . It's been like that since January 2017. Could this possibly mean that his medicals have passed?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hey guys! I have a question. We applied October 2016. When we applied we sent in everything. Including the medicals which was done July 2016. We hired a rep, so all I have access to is the CIC. On there it states that my husband's medicals have been recieved . It's been like that since January 2017. Could this possibly mean that his medicals have passed?
Is that what it says here: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
wow! 8-12 weeks! We were told 6-8 weeks on May 26th. It is currently 57 days according to CIC processing time information. So does it mean that summer vacations will slow down the process by a month? Not that it really matters to us, we don't plan to travel outside Canada this year.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
The physician's office here was booked solid for 3 wks. Even though it was a recheck. They laughed and said, "why did you have to come back??? We know you're healthy!"

I have hung in there waiting for you slow-pokes to hurry up so I can retire! ;). I am doing my best to live out my promise that no one from 2016 is left behind....
We would love to be finished! lol.. in time, hopefully soon.

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
I just finished the landing interview at London CIC. It was pretty quick, only 20 mins from waiting to leaving. Just few routine questions such as any criminal activities? He also asked how we met. Lol I was so nervous and I talked so fast. At the end, he explained how to maintain PR status and get Canadian citizenship.
You said before that they were asking for proof of income? Did they ask about it during the landing interview? Thanks!