07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi everyone,

Please, I need help from anyone who could answer my queries. My inland sponsorship application was received by IRCC on August 3rd, 2016 and I received AOR on August 24th, 2016. I sent my medical result in October 2016 and it was received by IRCC 3 days after the day it was sent. However, I did not receive any correspondence from IRCC until April 10th, 2017 when I was contacted to provide a police certificate from the country where I have spent most of my adult life since I turned 18; of which in my case that would be Canada. I had the police certificate done by the RCMP and I sent the result (no criminal record) to IRCC a week after. The last day to receive it by IRCC according to the letter is June 10th, 2017.

My question is about the OWP and its validity period. Prior to my inland sponsorship application, I was on a work permit with an expiration date of April 29th, 2017. And I applied for a work permit renewal in March 2017 and was expecting a decision in about 3-4 months as usual. However, I received a notification in my email yesterday that I have a message in MyCIC. After I checked MyCIC, I discovered that my work permit application has been approved with a validity period of 6 months. I was and still very worried because I have read on this forum that OWP for people with inland sponsorship application usually comes with a validity period of 2 years.

I have tried to find answers to my question by calling lots of friends but the answers they were giving me were not satisfying. Someone said maybe the IRCC has decided to finish my sponsorship application in the next few months and that's why they only renewed my work permit for 6 months. Another person said maybe they renewed it for 6 months because IRCC does not know if OWP for inland sponsorship applicants will be continued by the government after December 2017.

I am really confused and worried at the moment because I have not received any email or message from IRCC concerning my sponsorship application after the April 10th request. Similarly, there were no changes in my sponsorship application status when I checked online through MyCIC.

My question is that: Does anybody know why my work permit was renewed for only 6 months?
Maybe as some suggested, because your application will be processed within this timeframe. Is your passport expiring this year?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi everyone,

Please, I need help from anyone who could answer my queries. My inland sponsorship application was received by IRCC on August 3rd, 2016 and I received AOR on August 24th, 2016. I sent my medical result in October 2016 and it was received by IRCC 3 days after the day it was sent. However, I did not receive any correspondence from IRCC until April 10th, 2017 when I was contacted to provide a police certificate from the country where I have spent most of my adult life since I turned 18; of which in my case that would be Canada. I had the police certificate done by the RCMP and I sent the result (no criminal record) to IRCC a week after. The last day to receive it by IRCC according to the letter is June 10th, 2017.

My question is about the OWP and its validity period. Prior to my inland sponsorship application, I was on a work permit with an expiration date of April 29th, 2017. And I applied for a work permit renewal in March 2017 and was expecting a decision in about 3-4 months as usual. However, I received a notification in my email yesterday that I have a message in MyCIC. After I checked MyCIC, I discovered that my work permit application has been approved with a validity period of 6 months. I was and still very worried because I have read on this forum that OWP for people with inland sponsorship application usually comes with a validity period of 2 years.

I have tried to find answers to my question by calling lots of friends but the answers they were giving me were not satisfying. Someone said maybe the IRCC has decided to finish my sponsorship application in the next few months and that's why they only renewed my work permit for 6 months. Another person said maybe they renewed it for 6 months because IRCC does not know if OWP for inland sponsorship applicants will be continued by the government after December 2017.

I am really confused and worried at the moment because I have not received any email or message from IRCC concerning my sponsorship application after the April 10th request. Similarly, there were no changes in my sponsorship application status when I checked online through MyCIC.

My question is that: Does anybody know why my work permit was renewed for only 6 months?
First off, PCC was an automated batch request to make sure all had them submitted. Canada since 18 means no PCC required.

OWP: what is your passport expiry date?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
First off, PCC was an automated batch request to make sure all had them submitted. Canada since 18 means no PCC required.

OWP: what is your passport expiry date?

OWP is issued for 2 yrs or expiry date - a month or two typically

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
My passport is expiring in February 2019.

Thank you for your reply.

Then that's very interesting... Perhaps they read Feb 2018??? Bad photocopy??? I'd call to ask!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I believe they are going to finalize all 2016 applicants before end of 2017, this is the only reason they extend it for 6 months. don't worry too much.
No. 80% is their target. And unless the legislation changed in the last month; which it could have; it's 2yrs or pp expiry - 1 month...

Les bleus

May 12, 2017
Then that's very interesting... Perhaps they read Feb 2018??? Bad photocopy??? I'd call to ask!
Hi,

My passport page is very clear and it clearly shows the expiry date. And I called the call centre but the rep I spoke with said she cannot tell me why it was renewed for six months because she doesn't know and doesn't have access to my file. She also confirmed that my medical has been approved but there was no changes in MyCIC account.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi,

My passport page is very clear and it clearly shows the expiry date. And I called the call centre but the rep I spoke with said she cannot tell me why it was renewed for six months because she doesn't know and doesn't have access to my file. She also confirmed that my medical has been approved but there was no changes in MyCIC account.

So the legislation is 2yrs or pp expiry - 1 month...

However, I forgot that point... How long have you had a WP in Canada??? There is a naximum

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hi everyone,

My guess would be because most applications are being done by 13.5 months at the moment so yours would be done within this year ideally so that could be why.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hello,

I received a phone call form CIC today to confirm my mailing address and the information of my spouse. Does this mean anything? The lady on the phone was nice and says this is all the information they need at this point.

When did you apply?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Then what would happen after the 6 months expiration if my sponsorship application has not been finalized? Does that mean I won't be able to work anymore?
So the theory is, that maximum was excused a few mos ago I thought. That said, apply for another OWP a few days before your current expires. Technically you should be able to work under implied status until they pass a judgement.

If you're landed by then, cancel and get a refund.

If not, they are supposed to extend, as long as you meet other admissibility concerns...