+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

j87

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Excuse me,

Does anyone know, when will I receive the email after decision made? I am quite worried about the result. :(

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
browning911 said:
All the time! Thanks Botengcoke. Yours is coming soon.

Thanks Orphan. You are right behind.

Hugs GuyanaGirl! The Profilers will make enquiries about yours tomorrow.

I had those moments too but what made me be patient was all the 2015 applicants, including you and Carol and numerous others. How could I feel sorry for myself when others who had applied before me were still waiting.

I pray that the Montreal office can give you and father-of-the-year landing appointments soon.

Thanks Sam. I know you will hear something soon. I miss Profiler too. I miss his advice, his jokes and the camaraderie. I sent him an e-mail when we got AIP. He and his wife have their landing appointment is tomorrow.

Thanks Legolg for your good wishes. Yours is coming too.

Heyyy you and Orphan are the day after me.
Carol we pray to Infant Jesus of Prague too. Thanks for always making me smile with your posts.

I love this forum!!!

Let's keep supporting and helping each other.

You welcome i been to infant Jesus of prague shrine in Prague Czech Republic with my grandma in 2013 faith is all we need. And be postive just cic make promises for people 12 months but I do not think it's true

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
j87 said:
Excuse me,

Does anyone know, when will I receive the email after decision made? I am quite worried about the result. :(
In our case, we saw decision made early in the morning on ECAS, but the DM letter came only few hours later on "mycic".
Why are you worried about the result?
Were you asked for an interview or to provide additional proofs? if not, there should be nothing to worry about.
If yes, did you provide what was requested? If yes again, you should not have to worry.

Anyway, I wish you the best!

j87

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
I think the status just changed to DM this afternoon. DM letter on my CIC? Not coming through Email?

I got no ideas if I need to go for an interview or provide some more proofs, they will email me about these, right?

Anyway, thanks for your reply!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
j87 said:
Excuse me,

In our case they called us tell theme story sylvan 1

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
carolbb23 said:
In our case they called us tell theme story sylvan 1

we got dm April 21 and than they gave us landing on April 28

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
j87 said:
I think the status just changed to DM this afternoon. DM letter on my CIC? Not coming through Email?

I got no ideas if I need to go for an interview or provide some more proofs, they will email me about these, right?

Anyway, thanks for your reply!
If your application is linked to "mycic", it is likely that you will receive your DM letter there. My wife got an email telling her that there was an update in her "mycic" account, she logged in and saw the DM letter.

If your application was not linked, they will most likely communicate to you via email. Also, a lot of people here reported getting their letter after 6 pm.

In the case of Carol, she got a phone call, but I think that is rather an exception.

If there was any need for an interview or to provide additional proofs of relationship,... you should see on ECAS "we sent you correspondence on (date)". So if you see only decision made on ECAS, it is most likely positive. Before refusing, they would give you a procedural fairness letter, they would give you the possibility to address their concerns. If you haven't heard from them and see a decision made, this is unlikely a bad news!

what is your timeline? and you see the decision made on which side (sponsor or principal applicant or both)? Decision made on the sponsor side would mean SA (sponsor approval), decision made on the principal applicant side would mean AIP (approval in principle).

j87

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
I can't link my application to my cic.

On ECAS, just changed it to DM, I clicked it in, nothing changed, "1. Application received on 30th March 2. Medical test result received."

That's it.

We even never receive AOR2 by the way.

Hope I will receive an email at 6pm.
sylvain1 said:
If your application is linked to "mycic", it is likely that you will receive your DM letter there. My wife got an email telling her that there was an update in her "mycic" account, she logged in and saw the DM letter.

If your application was not linked, they will most likely communicate to you via email. Also, a lot of people here reported getting their letter after 6 pm.

In the case of Carol, she got a phone call, but I think that is rather an exception.

If there was any need for an interview or to provide additional proofs of relationship,... you should see on ECAS "we sent you correspondence on (date)". So if you see only decision made on ECAS, it is most likely positive. Before refusing, they would give you a procedural fairness letter, they would give you the possibility to address their concerns. If you haven't heard from them and see a decision made, this is unlikely a bad news!

what is your timeline? and you see the decision made on which side (sponsor or principal applicant or both)? Decision made on the sponsor side would mean SA (sponsor approval), decision made on the principal applicant side would mean AIP (approval in principle).

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
browning911 said:
Guess What????????????

We just got AIP.

Dear Browning911's Hubby:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.............

So Happy!!!
Congrats browning ...we have the same timlines :) . what are you seeing on your ecas now ?

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Risabh_Canada said:
Congrats browning ...we have the same timlines :) . what are you seeing on your ecas now ?
Thanks Risabh_Canada!! I sent you congratulations when you told us you got AIP.

Our ECAS still says:

Sponsorship Application Status PR Application Status
In Process Application Received

An e-mail came to my hubby's (PA) e-mail from donotreply@cic.gc.ca, (sent at 8:47 a.m.) to tell him about a message in MyCIC and when we checked the MyCIC messages the AIP letter was there.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
browning911 said:
Thanks Risabh_Canada!! I sent you congratulations when you told us you got AIP.

Our ECAS still says:

Sponsorship Application Status PR Application Status
In Process Application Received

An e-mail came to my hubby's (PA) e-mail from donotreply@cic.gc.ca, (sent at 8:47 a.m.) to tell him about a message in MyCIC and when we checked the MyCIC messages the AIP letter was there.

after your husband land it will say complete

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
browning911 said:
Guess What????????????

We just got AIP.

Dear Browning911's Hubby:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.............

So Happy!!!
Counting down!!!!!!!
Congrats lol eery time someone gets AIP my application gets closer to the top.
Want to remind us of some of the challenges you overcame to get to AIP please

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
meaningful1 said:
Counting down!!!!!!!
Congrats lol eery time someone gets AIP my application gets closer to the top.
Want to remind us of some of the challenges you overcame to get to AIP please
Thanks Meaningful!

Hardest part was patience. Thanks to this forum, I got all the information I needed before we sent out our application.

We had to resend IMM5406 and IMM5669, twice after we had already submitted the forms with the application. The last time they requested the forms was in January 2017. I sent Profiler the forms to check them for us to make sure no dates or information was missing. He reviewed them and then we made the changes and sent them via CSE.

Other than these forms nothing else was asked for as we submitted hubby's PCC with the application. Also, we did the medical upfront in July 2016 and we paid all the fees upfront. The OWP took 110 days to receive.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
browning911 said:
Thanks Meaningful!

Hardest part was patience. Thanks to this forum, I got all the information I needed before we sent out our application.

We had to resend IMM5406 and IMM5669, twice after we had already submitted the forms with the application. The last time they requested the forms was in January 2017. I sent Profiler the forms to check them for us to make sure no dates or information was missing. He reviewed them and then we made the changes and sent them via CSE.

Other than these forms nothing else was asked for as we submitted hubby's PCC with the application. Also, we did the medical upfront in July 2016 and we paid all the fees upfront. The OWP took 110 days to receive.

But we all made it