07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Page2016 said:
Hi everyone, I’ve been creeping this forum for a while now to keep an eye on the progress of other 2016 inland spousal sponsorship applicants. So I know someone mentioned that you shouldn’t judge your progress against others, HOWEVER, we are starting to get a little (more) impatient seeing other people who applied after us receiving responses/ contact from CIC. But we maybe biting our nails for no reason!

So our application was received January 18, 2016.
AOR received July 13, 2016
OWP received August 15, 2016

And since then nothing… The ‘check my application’ link on the CIC webpage shows a status of ‘Application Received’ and when we click on that is says ‘Medical results received’, (husband did his meds upfront). It has been that way since September.

Would it be worth trying (tirelessly) to call them and speak to someone to make sure our application hasn’t been lost/ his medical- criminal checks have expired etc.? Or will they not tell us anything until the standard wait time of 26 months is up?

Any advice is totally appreciated thanks! :D
I know exactly the feeling... Look at our timeline, it took 19.5 months to get some movements, people that applied 5-6 months after us were landing and we did not get SA, AIP, or DM. But then suddenly, we got SA and AIP within few minutes and DM the next day. So I know the frustration you can feel, but hang on there, your turn will come. It is such a good feeling when the news finally comes. We are still waiting for landing, but I don't mind waiting for that step and anyway that should happen within the next month.

You can definitely try calling, but it is difficult to get in line. You could also contact your MP, they will be able to check rapidly (within few minutes) whether there is anything missing in your file or not. They will also tell you that you did not reach the 26 months... But at least you will know that everything is fine with your application.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
Ugh!

You see whenever I have had steak I always choose well done. I have not had it any other way. My brother in law loves steak. Like you, it must be medium rare.
Medium rare is easy to cut and chew. It also maintains the flavour of the slab, and, for me, I get a massive jolt of energy after. If I am feeling very run down, that's how I fix it. And no, I don't have Aenemia...

My dad does well done too -- I never understood why people would want to fight with it :).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
meaningful1 said:
Hold up @ profiler
I like that executioner title lol
Am going to do a name change later
Lol
And remember vegreville gave that to me lol lol
#bad_ass

nom de guerre -- war name en francais...

You should also be painting that on your car, and start a clothing line...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sylvain1 said:
I know exactly the feeling... Look at our timeline, it took 19.5 months to get some movements, people that applied 5-6 months after us were landing and we did not get SA, AIP, or DM. But then suddenly, we got SA and AIP within few minutes and DM the next day. So I know the frustration you can feel, but hang on there, your turn will come. It is such a good feeling when the news finally comes. We are still waiting for landing, but I don't mind waiting for that step and anyway that should happen within the next month.

You can definitely try calling, but it is difficult to get in line. You could also contact your MP, they will be able to check rapidly (within few minutes) whether there is anything missing in your file or not. They will also tell you that you did not reach the 26 months... But at least you will know that everything is fine with your application.
Sage advice. Was trying to glean some kind of idea where the application might be in terms of stage (SA? AIP?) We passed AIP and we have "Application Received" on my wife's side of eCAS; yet they are basically done.

MP's can generally sort out what's going on fast -- and they won't hand you the line "Well it's under 26 months" like the call centre will...

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
profiler said:
Sage advice. Was trying to glean some kind of idea where the application might be in terms of stage (SA? AIP?) We passed AIP and we have "Application Received" on my wife's side of eCAS; yet they are basically done.

MP's can generally sort out what's going on fast -- and they won't hand you the line "Well it's under 26 months" like the call centre will...
well... mine did tell me that we were yet under the 26 months... But at least he confirmed that nothing was missing in the application and he wanted to stay in touch to call CIC every month. So he called in January and February and we finally got news in March. I'm not sure that, in our case, the MP changed anything, but at least I could feel some support and know that nothing was missing.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sylvain1 said:
well... mine did tell me that we were yet under the 26 months... But at least he confirmed that nothing was missing in the application and he wanted to stay in touch to call CIC every month. So he called in January and February and we finally got news in March. I'm not sure that, in our case, the MP changed anything, but at least I could feel some support and know that nothing was missing.
Yeah ours did that too. They did relay that message from the call centre once (first time), they commenced the monthly check-ins. Annoyed CIC, so they were asked to call every other month instead. I don't think it sped us up or slowed us down. But Sophie was able to get way more information than I could. I knew when Security and Criminality checks were completed, I also knew when I called about the medical, that we were done, and CIC wanted us to hurry to re-do meds, because they were ready for a decision. < 2 days after the doctor submitting the results, the meds were passed in CIC systems...

All that to say, I consider that a value to have done.

MFraz

Mar 10, 2017
happy Friday everyone.

So I called CIC today and automated message was saying that they are processing applications received before March 21st 2016.

They received my application on March 21st 2016. So after a long waiting time I got connected to an agent and he was very "To the point" kind of person. Asked him few questions and he just told me general answers that I can find on CIC website. For example he is like application processing time is 26 months and that I think everyone knows that.

I asked him if he can tell that is my application missing any document that may cause delay? And put me on short hold and he is like you will be identified if there is. That too I know. That I will be the first one to be identified :mad:

My last question to him was how long it will take from now on? as you guys are processing application before March 21st? And I know all application are different but usually/in ideal conditions how long it will take from now on - And he is like 26 months is the processing time.

May be my question was really stupid but I should have at least get a better answer after waiting about an hour.

Now can anyone from this forum help me? My question is that is they are saying applications before 21st March are being processed, any idea how long it will take from here? And what should I be expecting? right now all I see is application received and medical received.

And please do not use Acronyms as I don't get them. Answers will be much appreciated.

Thank you :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
MFraz said:
happy Friday everyone.

So I called CIC today and automated message was saying that they are processing applications received before March 21st 2016.

They received my application on March 21st 2016. So after a long waiting time I got connected to an agent and he was very "To the point" kind of person. Asked him few questions and he just told me general answers that I can find on CIC website. For example he is like application processing time is 26 months and that I think everyone knows that.

I asked him if he can tell that is my application missing any document that may cause delay? And put me on short hold and he is like you will be identified if there is. That too I know. That I will be the first one to be identified : @

My last question to him was how long it will take from now on? as you guys are processing application before March 21st? And I know all application are different but usually/in ideal conditions how long it will take from now on - And he is like 26 months is the processing time.

May be my question was really stupid but I should have at least get a better answer after waiting about an hour.

Now can anyone from this forum help me? My question is that is they are saying applications before 21st March are being processed, any idea how long it will take from here? And what should I be expecting? right now all I see is application received and medical received.

And please do not use Acronyms as I don't get them. Answers will be much appreciated.

But you need the TLA's (Could be two or three letter acronyms!)

So, did you receive any mailing or messages from CIC? Other than AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt)...

The time is pretty accurate on the Automated Attendant. Browning was just about to get her SA (Sponsor Approval) I heard...

It moves about every 1-1.5wks. So, you could be seeing some activity (and tbh, it's pretty fast once it starts) within a week or two..

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
sylvain1 said:

Well said. That is what I keep remembering when I get frustrated. I remember all the people who applied before me and are still waiting. Especially people who are waiting and they still have the patience and generosity to keep helping others, like Sylvain and Carol.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
But you need the TLA's (Could be two or three letter acronyms!)

So, did you receive any mailing or messages from CIC? Other than AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt)...

The time is pretty accurate on the Automated Attendant. Browning was just about to get her SA (Sponsor Approval) I heard...

It moves about every 1-1.5wks. So, you could be seeing some activity (and tbh, it's pretty fast once it starts) within a week or two..
No no I do not think that I am about to get it yet. I hope I do but I can wait until Sylvain and Carol get theirs. Editted to add: Legolg. Then they better move out da way. ;D

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
No no I do not think that I am about to get it yet. I hope I do but I can wait until Sylvain and Carol get theirs. Then they better move out da way. ;D
They both have SA?? And apparently AIP too???

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
browning911 said:
No no I do not think that I am about to get it yet. I hope I do but I can wait until Sylvain and Carol get theirs. Then they better move out da way. ;D
We have SA, AIP, and DM. We are just waiting to land. In the whole province of Quebec, there is only one office for landing (Montreal) and I think they are really overloaded with refugees. Ontario has what... 10 landing offices? So I can understand the 8 weeks processing time in Montreal.

But we are not in your way, we are done with CPC-M!!!

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
MFraz said:
happy Friday everyone.

Okay no your question is not stupid. What I do not get is why we have a call center when the general consensus is that the call center people do not know much of anything and to be careful about the advise they give you, which is why the the advice on this forum is do not trust the answers received by call center. I mean how can they hire people

I cannot help you but what I can say is IRCC seems to be working pretty fast right in terms of moving through Dec 2016 to March 2016. So based on that you might be getting an e-mail soon.

#CICMarch2016Predictions

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sylvain1 said:
We have SA, AIP, and DM. We are just waiting to land. In the whole province of Quebec, there is only one office for landing (Montreal) and I think they are really overloaded with refugees. Ontario has what... 10 landing offices? So I can understand the 8 weeks processing time in Montreal.

But we are not in your way, we are done with CPC-M!!!
*13 and it made no sense to me either....

EDIT: No you're right, it's 10. I had to double check...

4 of those are in Toronto:
3085 Glen Erin Drive Mississauga, ON
200 Town Centre Court, Suite 370 Scarborough, ON
5343 Dundas Street West, Suite 105 Toronto, ON
55 St. Clair Avenue East, Suite 200 Toronto, ON