Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
botengcoke said:
wow! advance happy birthday profiler!...i think we have same zodiac sign both ARIES right?! lolz.. you got your advance gift already....! :) what a beautiful birthday gift.. :)

Yup a ram.. also happy be-early birthday (ya, I totally made that word up :) ) as well. I think CIC can still give us AIP :).

sanoma36

Mar 21, 2017
We're April 15, 2016 applicants and I called CIC today only to get an answer that it takes up to 26 months and SA can happen at anytime within those 26 months... This is such a nightmare for us, my husband has no work permit because they received papers 6 days after his status expired and now we have to wait until the first stage to even get a work permit. :(

Alam EIT

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
profiler said:
"expert"?

Your diastolic pressure is really that high? damn man. 145 is nearing stroke territory. I was blacking out at the clinic at 210/150....

Are you sure it wasn't 145/100 ? That would make sense -- a little hyper-tensive, but not super bad. 140/90 also would make sense (that's a little high -- but not terrible).

Are you sure that you are that high? Are you eating a lot of salt or drinking a lot of coffee?? Monster?

I would be more concerned that you get it addressed ASAP. Once it's under control, then come back to CIC. You can also chat with them to ask if there is an alternate means you can have it verified. They may have cheaper solutions. hyper-tension is not something they can refuse over.
thanks.

it is actually 140/98.... they said they need 140/90
I don't drink coffee not alcohol. my paternal family have high BP may be that could be a reason

cariie up

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront
Hello everyone, I need some help and I really appreciate any advise I may get.January 2016 applicant here, I received SA march 2, and AIP march 6.They also sent me medical instructions to my CIC account on march 2, however, I overlooked them, I have not read those messages until today. In the instructions, I need to submit results or proofs of medicals within 30 days upon receipt of the message, otherwise my application will be refused. Of course I don't want this to happen. I tried to make an appointment but the earliest possible date is April 12, there is no way then that I will meet the deadline. What would be the best thing to do in this situation?

Another thing, when I applied, I did the medical upfront. I am aware it was done a year ago, but the message I received did not mention anything like it is expired, so I need to do it again. It simply states, "these medical instructions are being issued since your application has been processed to the stage where medical exam are now required........"
Does this mean they have not received the results of my upfront medical exam? HOWEVER,
in my CIC update, under review of medical results, it says " we are reviewing the results of your medical exam".
If they are reviewing the results, that means they already have it. But why they sent me a message instructing I need to undergo medical exam? Did they send this by mistake maybe? or is it because the medical was done a year ago that I need to redo it?

I really don't know what to do in this situation. Please please please help thanks a million

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
cariie up said:
Hello everyone, I need some help and I really appreciate any advise I may get.January 2016 applicant here, I received SA march 2, and AIP march 6.They also sent me medical instructions to my CIC account on march 2, however, I overlooked them, I have not read those messages until today. In the instructions, I need to submit results or proofs of medicals within 30 days upon receipt of the message, otherwise my application will be refused. Of course I don't want this to happen. I tried to make an appointment but the earliest possible date is April 12, there is no way then that I will meet the deadline. What would be the best thing to do in this situation?

Another thing, when I applied, I did the medical upfront. I am aware it was done a year ago, but the message I received did not mention anything like it is expired, so I need to do it again. It simply states, "these medical instructions are being issued since your application has been processed to the stage where medical exam are now required........"
Does this mean they have not received the results of my upfront medical exam? HOWEVER,
in my CIC update, under review of medical results, it says " we are reviewing the results of your medical exam".
If they are reviewing the results, that means they already have it. But why they sent me a message instructing I need to undergo medical exam? Did they send this by mistake maybe? or is it because the medical was done a year ago that I need to redo it?

I really don't know what to do in this situation. Please please please help thanks a million

We were in the same situation in February. We received the request for medical just after a year the upfront medical completion date... We decided not to argue, just did the medical again.
on the other hand some folks on this forum have been successful to argue this issue.
good luck
ZumbaGirl

sikko

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cariie up said:

Now when you say

"They also sent me medical instructions to my CIC account on march 2"

did you mean mycic(gckey) or ecas?

cariie up

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront
zumbagirl said:
We were in the same situation in February. We received the request for medical just after a year the upfront medical completion date... We decided not to argue, just did the medical again.
on the other hand some folks on this forum have been successful to argue this issue.
good luck
ZumbaGirl
thanks ZumbaGirl for your reply. When they notified you, did they say you have to redo your medical because it has expired?

cariie up

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront
sikko said:
Now when you say

"They also sent me medical instructions to my CIC account on march 2"

did you mean mycic(gckey) or ecas?
I mean mycic (gkey)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Alam EIT said:
thanks.

it is actually 140/98.... they said they need 140/90
I don't drink coffee not alcohol. my paternal family have high BP may be that could be a reason
Yes. Next time, drink before you go (it's a depressant)... I am totally kidding....

Yeah the 140/98 is understandable. I would try to talk with CIC about it. It could even be the doctor's equipment that gave the higher reading. You could suggest a do-over, or ask them what they could be happy with (considering those numbers can change based on stress alone). You can also seek another doctor on your own to get a second opinion. Are you in Ontario by chance?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sanoma36 said:
We're April 15, 2016 applicants and I called CIC today only to get an answer that it takes up to 26 months and SA can happen at anytime within those 26 months... This is such a nightmare for us, my husband has no work permit because they received papers 6 days after his status expired and now we have to wait until the first stage to even get a work permit. :(
Don't worry about it too much. It will come soon enough. There are others with you, who were unintentionally out of status as well. They are pushing cases through pretty fast now. So I suspect they will get to April pretty soon.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
cariie up said:

So, first off, you need to be sure to stay on top of the messages from CIC. I cannot stress this enough. If you want to finish the process and be successful, stay on them. Not to sound preachy here, but you can really put yourself at risk.

You can argue this one with CIC. Does ecas show that you have medical results? If so, and they have been received, then you can argue it. But for others, they chose not to. You do need to pick your battles here. If you know you'd pass, just do them.

You can contact CIC (webform is probably more useful, but you can back it up with a call into the call centre). You need to notify them that, in your region that you cannot get a medical done until April 12th. You've booked it on that date, as it was the soonest possible date you could get. We did have to contact CIC about a PCC that they claimed we needed (in error). I told them we have ordered it, but it may or may not be available by the date they requested. We cannot control what the embassy does with the request. There was no issue extending it. As long as you show that you are making the effort to placate them, they generally are ok.

That said, Can you make it to another region easily? Like some regions can do medicals the next day. I understand you are in NFLD, but other areas have doctors that can complete them sometimes next day (Kitchener is one said region). Sometime this is not possible, but if it's an option, then you may want to consider it. Can NS, PEI or NB do them sooner?

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-04-2016 & AOR 2 10-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
04-11-2016; Passed end of March 2017
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
sanoma36 said:
Mine was 3 days past due .. 2 years with no OWP. Learned my lesson.

rganesh

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Nov 2016
Been waiting for my wife's OWP for a while now, i'm noticing December 2016 applicants have been receiving OWP, but not many November guys are getting OWP at the moment. Any idea why is there a delay? I tried calling CIC couple of times, but it always tells him that their agents are busy and cannot connect with one right now and hangs up.
Frustrating to keep waiting for the OWP without any information. What do you guys think. Anybody facing similar delays ?

Newtinho

Mar 21, 2017
TheSchnuck said:
I just got my work permit approved in MyCIC today. CIC Mississauga received my app on December 16th 2016.

Hope you'll get yours soon too, seeing that I applied a month after you.
Wow Congratulations!!!! I guess who applied after Dec 07/2016, is getting it first than us. :(