29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
egerman41 said:
Hi all,

Just a few updates on my end!

CPC received my application on January 18th, 2016. I received my OWP in May 2016. I paid my RPRF a few weeks ago and received the request to complete a medical examination on February 28th. I have a medical exam scheduled for March 21st with Dr. Jegatheeswaran.

Does anybody know about how long it takes after completing the medical exam to obtain approval in principle? Also, does anybody know about the process of applying for OHIP once the approval in principle is received? Really looking forward to not having to pay for travel health insurance anymore...

Thanks for your input!

Emily
You don't need to wait for ohip if you've been working since you got your OWP... just go to a service Ontario with evidence thay you've worked for at least 3 months and they give you ohip

egerman41

May 13, 2016
Jeffuk88 said:
You don't need to wait for ohip if you've been working since you got your OWP... just go to a service Ontario with evidence thay you've worked for at least 3 months and they give you ohip

Thanks for your reply! I have been working 3 months. Prior to that I was working part-time. I just went to the OHIP Eligibility page and it said I had to be working for 6 consecutive months.

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/ohip_eligibility.aspx

HOWEVER, the website says that I would be eligible if "you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada"
... I received that letter in July! Was THAT my approval in principle?? I thought the approval in principle came after the medical exam and payment of the RPRF...Now I am so confused haha and wondering if I could have gotten my OHIP 7 months ago...

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
egerman41 said:
Thanks for your reply! I have been working 3 months. Prior to that I was working part-time. I just went to the OHIP Eligibility page and it said I had to be working for 6 consecutive months.

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/ohip_eligibility.aspx

HOWEVER, the website says that I would be eligible if "you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada"
... I received that letter in July! Was THAT my approval in principle?? I thought the approval in principle came after the medical exam and payment of the RPRF...Now I am so confused haha and wondering if I could have gotten my OHIP 7 months ago...
Its definitely 3 months.... I went after 3 and half months on my WHV and they just looked at my lease for resident proof and my letter of employment. I'm not sure about the PR application I'm applying in may

egerman41

May 13, 2016
Jeffuk88 said:
Its definitely 3 months.... I went after 3 and half months on my WHV and they just looked at my lease for resident proof and my letter of employment. I'm not sure about the PR application I'm applying in may
OK then I'll definitely give it a try, thanks for the advice!

For anyone who has applied for PR, would love some input regarding the approval in principle :)

Thanks to all again!

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
I just read the page and if your job is a permanent contract that counts as the 6 month rule.... you have to show you WILL BE working for at least 6 months and have lived in ontario for 6. You can apply after the first 3 months of working.... I got mine because it took 3 months to find a job so I'd been here 6 months by the time I'd worked 3 if that makes sense. Go to a service Ontario with your contract and immigration details and they'll do it there and then or tell you what else you need

Que

Jun 17, 2016
Egerman41 That's definitely your Approval in Principle. You could have had coverage based on that as well as the fact that you are working full time for 3 months or more. I used my OWP to get coverage.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
egerman41 said:
Hi all,

Just a few updates on my end!

CPC received my application on January 18th, 2016. I received my OWP in May 2016. I paid my RPRF a few weeks ago and received the request to complete a medical examination on February 28th. I have a medical exam scheduled for March 21st with Dr. Jegatheeswaran.

Does anybody know about how long it takes after completing the medical exam to obtain approval in principle? Also, does anybody know about the process of applying for OHIP once the approval in principle is received? Really looking forward to not having to pay for travel health insurance anymore...

Thanks for your input!

Emily
You are eligible to apply for OHIP any time after you start working full time. You will be granted OHIP 3 months after commencement of employment, providing, that you have satisfied the agent that your employment will last at least a further 6 months. They will need a letter from your employer outlining: start date, employment position details, expected end date (or ongoing or open ended contract). It must be signed by your employer.

As to your post regarding AIP: it is highly, highly unlikely that you've received AIP. Most of 2015 and 2016 haven't been receiving letters at all. Just document requests or medical requests or landing letters. SA and AIP have been all but bypassed.

We applied March 2016. Aside from a letter sent in error, we have not received anything. That's not to say we should have, or that we are the rule, but it is to say that, others have not received the letter from around your time line. So, use your employment letter, or wait a month, as you're probably landing very soon.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
muusehisman said:
Hi guys i have Alberta health card and i intend to move to
Toronto,will i be able to change it to OHIP?
If you meet the eligibility requirements to OHIP, then yes. If you don't, then no. You're applying for new insurance, which means they are reassessing. You need a PR, or 3 months of Ontario enployment (under OWP, with a PR app in process).

muusehisman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
profiler said:
If you meet the eligibility requirements to OHIP, then yes. If you don't, then no. You're applying for new insurance, which means they are reassessing. You need a PR, or 3 months of Ontario enployment (under OWP, with a PR app in process).

Thank you profiler.I forgot what it means to have Aip and OHIP......any relevance?I miss you profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
muusehisman said:
Thank you profiler.I forgot what it means to have Aip and OHIP......any relevance?I miss you profiler
Sorry, yes, if you have an AIP letter you are eligible. Check the OHIP eligibility requirements as posted above.

AIP is approval in principle. If you have a CIC letter that states those words, you have AIP...or you are eligible to apply for a PR.

muusehisman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
profiler said:
Sorry, yes, if you have an AIP letter you are eligible. Check the OHIP eligibility requirements as posted above.

AIP is approval in principle. If you have a CIC letter that states those words, you have AIP...or you are eligible to apply for a PR.
Yes i have AIP

roni078

Jan 8, 2017
Hi muhannad_eng@yahoo.com .. Did you apply spousal sponsoship (PR) for your wife in Jan 2017 ? I applied in Feb 2017 and sponsored my wife . I am in canada and she is in india. DO you know what are the timelines or the process.. I got a request to submit police clearance certificate on March 3.. But not sure when medical request will come..

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
You are eligible to apply for OHIP any time after you start working full time. You will be granted OHIP 3 months after commencement of employment, providing, that you have satisfied the agent that your employment will last at least a further 6 months. They will need a letter from your employer outlining: start date, employment position details, expected end date (or ongoing or open ended contract). It must be signed by your employer.
My husband is working part time permanent from Oct 2016 to present. I guess since it is not full time we will still have to wait to for AIP to apply for OHIP. :(

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
My husband is working part time permanent from Oct 2016 to present. I guess since it is not full time we will still have to wait to for AIP to apply for OHIP. :(
Yeah, unfortunately, they want full-time work. I suppose in a way it does make sense. They want the "foreign" worker to be contributing to the tax pool required to sustain OHIP. Not to say part-timers aren't contributing of course. But not at the same level as full-time workers (on the whole).

What pisses me off about that is, there should be deference paid to those who are citizens and have lineage. Those people are who built the system. So, for good or bad. I guess it's another Ontario Hydro, or Bell Canada, or <insert your favourite sponsored thing here that, as a citizen, your tax dollars paid for>.