IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
No. No OHIP until you have AIP or a letter from an employer stating they will be employing you for at least 6 months.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
simpsol22 said:
How do you know they are working on admissibility checks? Does MyCIC show you that?
MP told us what they are doing. Polarvolcano has the same in his notes.

In IP8 they had a flow chart in Appendix A. They removed it, but it still exists in the inland doc canadavisa has still.

On that flow chart, step 2 admissibility check, says: Security, Criminality, Health. Our meds were passed Sept 29, and MP confirmed the other two are in progress..

That said, the call centre claimed that they were still working on the sponsorship eligibility today. So, take that with a grain. If you believe the call centre and ECAS, then our case will land sometime in 2025. If you believe our MP's connection into CIC, CIC's own process documentation, then we are almost done.

The call centre couldn't even see if we had linked to our application yet -- he was going to email me instructions. Meanwhile in myCIC there is a note when the application is (re)linked. In my Sponsorship GCMS notes, it does state that the application was (re)linked. *shrug* not sure who I should believe.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
justxher said:
profiler, did you do the medical on your own without it being requested? Also how did you get your MP involved?
Yeah we did meds upfront before submission. The eMedical was in our submission package.

MP? Just call them. But it's way overkill when cases can take 22 mos... I involved them because ATIP was double overtime (still going) on releasing our notes..

marsbars

Sep 23, 2016
Hi Everyone,
does anyone know the fastests case processing centres? Would the Alberta one be faster or the Ontario one?

Thanks,

justxher

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
05-May-2016
Med's Done....
22-Nov-2016
Oh I see. Yeah I figured they wouldn't do anything since it's only been 7 months.

So does the "background check in progress" in mycic mean that they are doing the criminality and security part of step 2 and that we're in step 2 as well? Or is it irrelevant.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
marsbars said:
Hi Everyone,
does anyone know the fastests case processing centres? Would the Alberta one be faster or the Ontario one?

Thanks,
Que? I don't understand? Why do you ask? You can't just send to another CPC..and there is 2 CPC's in Ontario.

That said, speed and volume is hands down CPC-M. CPC-O and CPC-V back up CPC-M when the they become bogged down. CIO-S only gets involved when issuing PR Cards.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
justxher said:
Oh I see. Yeah I figured they wouldn't do anything since it's only been 7 months.

So does the "background check in progress" in mycic mean that they are doing the criminality and security part of step 2 and that we're in step 2 as well? Or is it irrelevant.
Yes they will get involved if you call them. Or the good ones will. That is their responsibility to you as a MP and you the constituent. That said, it sounds like you may be in the same position as the rest of us. Which may or may not be good. Only time will tell, and you have an army (the 2016 army) with you in the same spot.

As for the flow chart -- we are unsure. But those items, and the medical are all things they do during admissibility checks. Unless they have totally overhauled the process to PR, you (and us) are in admissibility checks (at least partially).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
In summary:
If you are watching to see if Ms Profiler has a landing party:
- If you are old school, and you believe the call centre, and ECAS, then Ms Profiler will have her landing party sometime in 2025. We will send you the invitation. Make sure your profile is up to date with that.

- If you are new school, and you believe polarvolcano, pedropil, and others. If you believe the MP's connection into CIC, and you take what myCIC has to say as gospel. And you agree with CIC's in Canada flow chart from IP8 (now removed, but still in the CanadaVisa.com inland processing document). Then the 3-5 month process of step 2 - admissibility checks is underway and has been since BG Checks In Progress started sometime in June or July. In this case, we'd be landing with the SIRcateers before Christmas 2016.

- If you are Spaghetti monster believers, or you are into entropy as a clothing or life-style. Then I have a mathematical calculation for you. Just ask.

justxher

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
05-May-2016
Med's Done....
22-Nov-2016
Christmas! That's.. next month?! Could it be true?? :eek:

I was reading how a lot of people got requests for police certificates all around June and was sad I didn't get any communication at that time but I guess since we submitted ours with the application in March then it wouldn't have expired yet by June if it's good for 6 months. I guess it's time for the medical!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
justxher said:
Christmas! That's.. next month?! Could it be true?? :eek:

I was reading how a lot of people got requests for police certificates all around June and was sad I didn't get any communication at that time but I guess since we submitted ours with the application in March then it wouldn't have expired yet by June if it's good for 6 months. I guess it's time for the medical!
Medical is one of the things SIR was paying attention to. Passport expiry too.

And yes, I didn't get a memo yet about Christmas being moved... so it should be next month -- unless we are talking Russian Orthodox Christmas, which is Jan 6-7. :D

EDIT: SIR Notice: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-06-13.asp and Operational Bulletin: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp .. just in case I didn't share them yet.

justxher

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
05-May-2016
Med's Done....
22-Nov-2016
Well, I am Russian... Although I guess that only buys them an extra 2 weeks

Hmm well we fail at both of those things then, but hopefully are still SIR cause the case is so stupidly straightforward

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
justxher said:
Well, I am Russian... Although I guess that only buys them an extra 2 weeks

Hmm well we fail at both of those things then, but hopefully are still SIR cause the case is so stupidly straightforward
My wife is Ruskie as well. I am not sure how you fail -- did you have a case filed before June 13 2016 and had not yet received AIP?

justxher

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
05-May-2016
Med's Done....
22-Nov-2016
Russian women are pretty great 8)

Well if it's chosen based on urgency and application completeness then we would not qualify as his passport doesn't expire for a whopping 8 more years, and medical has not been submitted yet.

justxher

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
05-May-2016
Med's Done....
22-Nov-2016
hey you posted same link twice

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
justxher said:
Russian women are pretty great 8)
No comment here. I feel like this is entrapment.. ;). Yeah usually she is great...

justxher said:
Well if it's chosen based on urgency and application completeness then we would not qualify as his passport doesn't expire for a whopping 8 more years, and medical has not been submitted yet.
That is only being used for putting cases into priority. To have your case assessed in SIR:
"This Operational Bulletin (OB) provides information about the Department’s efforts to reduce its inventory of spousal applications as well as functional guidance for processing spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class applications in the inventory as of June 13, 2016, which have not yet received a stage one eligibility decision. Measures to reduce the SCLPC inventory apply to in-Canada applications processed as FC1 (spouse), FCC (common-law partner) as well as those processed as FCH under provisions of the spousal public policy; and, where applicable, their dependent children. Instructions regarding confirmation of permanent residence and issuance of the permanent residence card will be provided in the near future."