IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I think it's a good time to remind folks that, when you applied in 2016, CIC stated that they would process your case in 26 months. If you are under that time, there is no point to get upset. You knew how long it would be when you applied.

Understood that others are now getting through the system faster. But that said, dumping on it with negative feelings or emotions will only attract negative energy from the universe. That could result in "problems". You don't want these. So, it's better to find a hobby to distract you from it.

If you've gotten an AIP and you are sitting waiting, you are likely in a queue for them to decide if you win the QA interview lottery. If that's the case, you DEFINITELY do not want to attract the negatives. Not that it's a bad interview, but the interview can delay processing.

Canada has excellent things to do, and resources to be had. Take up fishing :). It's relaxing :).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
That sucks, I would be stressing too. Have you ordered your GCMS notes?
I disagree here. Simply because there is nothing at this point that the OP has to worry about with respect to relationship legitimacy or the bona fides -- they have already been assessed and AIP was granted. So, ordering the notes would have only little benefit.

If the OP really wants, despite my suggestion, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp make a Privacy Act request (so the Sponsor should do this). Fill out the consent form. Sponsor does section c, PA does section a, sign and date.

Again, there will be very little information explaining why the file is delayed. Even if it's security check, you will not see it -- it's redacted under sections 15 and 21 of the access to information and privacy acts.

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
I think it's a good time to remind folks that, when you applied in 2016, CIC stated that they would process your case in 26 months. If you are under that time, there is no point to get upset. You knew how long it would be when you applied.

Understood that others are now getting through the system faster. But that said, dumping on it with negative feelings or emotions will only attract negative energy from the universe. That could result in "problems". You don't want these. So, it's better to find a hobby to distract you from it.

If you've gotten an AIP and you are sitting waiting, you are likely in a queue for them to decide if you win the QA interview lottery. If that's the case, you DEFINITELY do not want to attract the negatives. Not that it's a bad interview, but the interview can delay processing.

Canada has excellent things to do, and resources to be had. Take up fishing :). It's relaxing :).

Profiler is right nothing much you do they are in control. Just wait and see

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
You can understand why they cried. Tears of joy..

Actually, despite looking like we "follow" the US, we are like minded with much of the west. UK, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, and indeed the US. Rule? Not really the Canadian style. You have to be measured and forward-thinking WRT resources. You want them to also be available for your kids, and your kids-kids.

At this point, most of the mainstream media are suggesting that, in the absence of US leadership, the "leaders of the free world" are a three-way-tie: Angela Merkel, Emmanuel Macron, and indeed Justin Trudeau. Whether you believe that or not. I do know that it's more the Canadian style to lead from the back seat.

$0.05 anyway, for what it's worth.
@meaningful1
Interesting that @GuyanaGirl "liked" this just now. Because I was thinking of posting the follow up to it. At the G20, Trudeau is expected to lead the charge with respect to the positive spin on migration, with Merkel in the #2 seat. "Migrants and Immigration are GOOD FOR YOU" is the expected message.

I can hear Two-Scoops Don's eyes roll from here.

Reactions: carolbb23

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
@meaningful1
Interesting that @GuyanaGirl "liked" this just now. Because I was thinking of posting the follow up to it. At the G20, Trudeau is expected to lead the charge with respect to the positive spin on migration, with Merkel in the #2 seat. "Migrants and Immigration are GOOD FOR YOU" is the expected message.

I can hear Two-Scoops Don's eyes roll from here.
I was lurking and trying to get a synopsis of what i missed in the past day or two but i gave up

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I was lurking and trying to get a synopsis of what i missed in the past day or two but i gave up
You know you can't just "lurk". I think we had many getting great news before Canada day. And now we are seeing more after. It's a win-win as far as I am concerned

Reactions: carolbb23

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
You know you can't just "lurk". I think we had many getting great news before Canada day. And now we are seeing more after. It's a win-win as far as I am concerned
I know, every day there's at least one " DM" or landing booked
Remember the days when we got one every few weeks ... or one a month

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I know, every day there's at least one " DM" or landing booked
Remember the days when we got one every few weeks ... or one a month
These days they come in (sometimes smaller) bunches. I muchly prefer this.