+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal sponsorship for Egypt (new thread)

MS

Feb 19, 2010
I posted this by mistake in an older thread:
Hi Ambihi
Congrats!! :D
We just had our status updated to in Process too... it seems we are sharing the same timeline... our application was received at Cairo Visa Office on Jan 23..
by the way ... have u received ur AOR yet?... I am just worried because our address in Cairo is in a new area... I fear the letter might get lost... could u please let us know when u receive the letter?!

Thanks!

Free_Bird12

Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does Cairo office really send an AOR and when should you receive one? anyone know?

amibhi

Nov 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
05 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
05 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
01 Sep 10
VISA ISSUED...
07 Set 10
Hi MS,
Welcome! Would you mind updating your profile showing your timeline, thanks.
I just spoke with my husband and he got AOR and request for pics and original of police clearance. Does anyone know if it needs a translation and when it expires. Not sure if he has to redo the clearance or just send the one he already has.
Free_bird, as you can see you will get the AOR just be patient and don't worry.
I hope things will work out for all of us.
Ami

amibhi

Nov 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
05 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
05 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
01 Sep 10
VISA ISSUED...
07 Set 10
Well, got the PCC issue cleared up. Need to get it redone and translated. Delays delays delays! I don't think it should take took long as I noticed in the past applicants for Cairo office, from last year...it took 2-3 months to be approved should everything go smoothly. If you add yourself to trackitt.com it may be helpful to see the progress of others.

egytabeb

May 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi amibhi
they started processing my application 22 feb too but still didnt receive the AOR ,
about the police clearance you should send the original from the begining with file to canada ,did u do that?
if u didnt u should send the original translated , and its valid for 3 months.
ur husband received the AOR at canada?
or u sponsoring ur husband and the AOR sent to cairo?

amibhi

Nov 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
05 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
05 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
01 Sep 10
VISA ISSUED...
07 Set 10
Hi Egyptabeb,
I'm the sponsor, my husband got the AOR in Cairo yesterday. He has the original PCC but got it in October, and since we didn't send it witht the app, it has expired. As I mentioned I already got the issue cleared up, but thanks. Hope you get your AOR soon.

Free_Bird12

Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi egytabeb & amibhi
egytabeb is their any news on receiving an AOR ,im getting worried i havnt received anything yet ,also when i log in on e-cas with my sponsor's name it gives the PV in process but when i log in with my name it gives not available,do u have same situation??

egytabeb

May 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi freebird
i didnt receive the AOR yet , but dont worry i know other friends they took the permanent resident card and didnt get this letter with no update on ecas , it will take some time , and u cant log by ur name only by sponsor's name .
take care
salam

TanMos

Jan 5, 2010
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
Interview........
14-10-2010
Passport Req..
14-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

I married my Egyptian husband in egypt on Feb 22, so were newly married !
We enjoyed two wonderfrul weeks together in Egypt and now Im back home and
were starting all the paperwork. I live in Quebec Canada so I believe I have a extra step
versus the rest of canada.
I would appreciate any advice in regards to the paperwork. We met online two years ago and
Im wondering how to answer some of the questions in an honest but effective manner...like has he met my family and friends ? and we married at the ministry of Justice and didnt have any big celebration, we plan to do that when hes here...will these things be against us ?
Any comments or info will be appreciated and Im wondering if there is anyone out there who went through this process applying from Quebec....thank you

amibhi

Nov 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
05 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
05 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
01 Sep 10
VISA ISSUED...
07 Set 10
Hi TanMos,
Welcome to the thread and congrats to you. My advice to the both of you when filling the papers, make sure to read everything in the guide and forms thoroughly. Be clear, specific and honest in all your answers. Use lots of proof of your relationship; pics together, emails, chats, phone bills, if you have visited him, plane tickets, boarding passes, visa stamps, phone cards, receipts for gifts etc. If you need further help PM me and I can do my best.
Good luck.

TanMos

Jan 5, 2010
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
Interview........
14-10-2010
Passport Req..
14-10-2010
thanks amihbi, much appreciated...

I do have one question, when u returned from Egypt with your wedding contract stamoed by the embassy....was there anything more you had to do with it ...do i have to submit to qhebec to be registered marriage here in canada ...what is to be done

thank you ( sorry my question mark isnt working right now..lol)

wish you all a wonderful day

amibhi

Nov 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
05 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
05 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
01 Sep 10
VISA ISSUED...
07 Set 10
Hi TanMos,
All papers in Arabic have to be translated into English or French, that includes the marriage contract. Since you got married at the MOJ, you don't need to do anything else, it's valid here in Canada.
Ami

Free_Bird12

Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Tanmos
if u got married in egypt The wedding contract doesn't need to be stamped by the embassy, you only need it to be sealed from the ministry of justice then from the ministry of foreign affairs before submitting your application
as for Qeubec ,my husband is my sponsor and he lives in montreal so after sponcership approval by CIC fedral ,they will send your application to QEUBEC with other document u will have to fill, check the website u will find all the information and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
good luck