+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship appeal

Osemhn08

Star Member
Jan 19, 2024
Hi everyone, hope my messages finds you well. I was deported from Canada last month after I was arrested at the IRCC interview for our inland spousal sponsorship in Canada. In five days later our application was refused then I got deported and I asked to file an appeal immediately but unfortunately I was out the country but IAD responded to the appeal and asked for documents and me my spouse submitted documents which I let them know in the letter I’m suffering in my country and my 10 old son with my spouse needs me back I explain to them on the letter. We receiver a letter today stating this: subject members directions
THE Assistant Deputy Chairperson requests written a submissions from the minister in response to the appellant’s submissions in connection with the IADs letter dated on 23 of July 2024. The ministers submissions are due by 10 September 2024. Upon receipt the appellant will have 5 days for reply.. please what does it mean and seems my lawyer doesn’t even know what it means when I called and asked him. He was saying we should the appeal and I told I’m in a genuine relationship and we have a child and I want to see what will happen. Please anyone can explain to me please

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
Send me a private message and give me your number, there’s a WhatsApp group those guys are experienced with these letters they’ll help as much as they can. I’ll add you to the group, Sorry you’re in this position.

tee2406

Star Member
Jun 6, 2024
Hi everyone, hope my messages finds you well. I was deported from Canada last month after I was arrested at the IRCC interview for our inland spousal sponsorship in Canada. In five days later our application was refused then I got deported and I asked to file an appeal immediately but unfortunately I was out the country but IAD responded to the appeal and asked for documents and me my spouse submitted documents which I let them know in the letter I’m suffering in my country and my 10 old son with my spouse needs me back I explain to them on the letter. We receiver a letter today stating this: subject members directions
THE Assistant Deputy Chairperson requests written a submissions from the minister in response to the appellant’s submissions in connection with the IADs letter dated on 23 of July 2024. The ministers submissions are due by 10 September 2024. Upon receipt the appellant will have 5 days for reply.. please what does it mean and seems my lawyer doesn’t even know what it means when I called and asked him. He was saying we should the appeal and I told I’m in a genuine relationship and we have a child and I want to see what will happen. Please anyone can explain to me please
This is hard to understand without context. What was said before that or after can help me understand. Are you able to copy and past the letter here? you can redact personal details.

If you don't me asking? why were you deported? how long had you been in the country and what was your status?

Osemhn08

Star Member
Jan 19, 2024
This is hard to understand without context. What was said before that or after can help me understand. Are you able to copy and past the letter here? you can redact personal details.

If you don't me asking? why were you deported? how long had you been in the country and what was your status?
Lawyer helps us to file for the appeal and the IAD responded to submit a supporting documents which we did on the 13 of July and we received this letter today and that’s what the letters basically we don’t understand it either that’s why I’m here

Osemhn08

Star Member
Jan 19, 2024
Oh ok, rhan
Send me a private message and give me your number, there’s a WhatsApp group those guys are experienced with these letters they’ll help as much as they can. I’ll add you to the group, Sorry you’re in this position. Oh ok but I don’t know how to private message you or can you give me your email to write you. Thank you so much sir/ma

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Lawyer helps us to file for the appeal and the IAD responded to submit a supporting documents which we did on the 13 of July and we received this letter today and that’s what the letters basically we don’t understand it either that’s why I’m here
This means you should hear a response by early September. If your lawyer doesn’t understand this get a different lawyer.

Reactions: Naturgrl

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your case is unfortunately very challenging. I agree that you may want to look for a new lawyer if your current lawyer is not familiar with these processes. You need to have someone representing you who knows what they are doing. Good luck.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hi,

I'm surprised, and it must be new, that a person has the right of appeal for an inland spousal sponsorship refusal.

I looked and I can't find where such an appeal is legally possible.

It used be that only outland spousal sponsorship refusals could be appealed and I have to wonder if this isn't all a complete waste of time, money and energy when the IAD may have zero jurisdiction.

The Minister's submissions may well be a letter pointing out the IAD's lack of jurisdiction and then your business with Canada will be complete until some new application is received.

Reactions: YVR123 and armoured

Osemhn08

Star Member
Jan 19, 2024
Hi,

I'm surprised, and it must be new, that a person has the right of appeal for an inland spousal sponsorship refusal.

I looked and I can't find where such an appeal is legally possible.

It used be that only outland spousal sponsorship refusals could be appealed and I have to wonder if this isn't all a complete waste of time, money and energy when the IAD may have zero jurisdiction.

The Minister's submissions may well be a letter pointing out the IAD's lack of jurisdiction and then your business with Canada will be complete until some new application is received.
I don’t really know what to do right now and we are so confused as well but I’m out of Canada and so much suffering here in my country and my spouse is also going through a lot

Osemhn08

Star Member
Jan 19, 2024
Your case is unfortunately very challenging. I agree that you may want to look for a new lawyer if your current lawyer is not familiar with these processes. You need to have someone representing you who knows what they are doing. Good luck.
Thank you.. that’s what we are doing and we are yet to find a lawyer

Osemhn08

Star Member
Jan 19, 2024
What abo
This means you should hear a response by early September. If your lawyer doesn’t understand this get a different lawyer.
what about thi: Upon receipt the appellant has 5 days for reply. I don’t really understand this

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What abo
what about thi: Upon receipt the appellant has 5 days for reply. I don’t really understand this
After you get the document the IRCC ('the Minister') is (apparently) to submit by sometime in September (and a copy to you), you - the appellant (or your lawyer) will have five days to reply.

Reactions: canuck78

Osemhn08

Star Member
Jan 19, 2024
Oh so we have to wait until September before we replied or wait until the minister submission?? Thank you