+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship after a 5 years ban for misrepresentation

Hephzibah23

Jul 17, 2023
Hi everyone,

My spouse, unknowingly used the services of a fake Immigration consultant. "unaware" because he was referred to the agent by his uncle. It was too late before we realized he was banned, and the 3-month grace period to appeal the ban was already over. I applied afterwards, I got the student visa and am now on a PR. The 5-year ban for my spouse ended in May 2023. I want to sponsor him, and I would like to know if he stands a chance of relocating to Canada. I will also like an immigration expert referral. Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

My spouse, unknowingly used the services of a fake Immigration consultant. "unaware" because he was referred to the agent by his uncle. It was too late before we realized he was banned, and the 3-month grace period to appeal the ban was already over. I applied afterwards, I got the student visa and am now on a PR. The 5-year ban for my spouse ended in May 2023. I want to sponsor him, and I would like to know if he stands a chance of relocating to Canada. I will also like an immigration expert referral. Thank you.
If he is truthful then it should not be an issue since the ban is over. When did you get married? And when did you get PR?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

Based on your posts it’s unclear when you got married and when you applied for PR. It sounds as though you may have already been married when you applied and received fPR which would be concerning.

Hephzibah23

Jul 17, 2023
Thank you for your reply. We got married in 2019 and we have two children together. I got my PR in December 2022.
Please note that the only reason I did not add him to my PR application was because the RCIC agent I was working with in Canada told me it was best to wait for the ban period to be over.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So if yiou were married, you had to declare him. If you had, you would not have gotten PR, and you too would have had to wait until the ban was over. Because you did not and lied on your application, you can never sponsor him. Your agent gave you very bad advice. Your spouse will have to immigrate on his own merits.

Reactions: canuck78

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So if yiou were married, you had to declare him. If you had, you would not have gotten PR, and you too would have had to wait until the ban was over. Because you did not and lied on your application, you can never sponsor him. Your agent gave you very bad advice. Your spouse will have to immigrate on his own merits.
I'd add to this - it's possible we have misunderstood what OP wrote, so need to check. But since OP wrote: "I did not add him to my PR application was because the RCIC agent I was working with in Canada told me it was best to wait for the ban period to be over" --- check with the agent you worked with. If the agent is properly registered (and they are required to be registered by law in Canada to provide immigration advice), then this would be a SERIOUS error to have provided this advice and should be reported to the regulatory body for these consultants -
https://www.immigration.ca/canadas-self-regulatory-college-of-immigration-and-citizenship-consultants-to-open-in-november

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

Can you clarify if your application listed you as single/unmarried?

Bijaybdrkarki

Mar 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

hello guys, I am similar situation. I got my PR on April 2023, went back home and got married in June 2023, and applied for spousal sponsorship in Aug 2023 but the application was canceled showing my spouse had a 5-year ban for misrepresentation from 2019 Apr to 2024 Apr which we both did not know as my spouse said she only gave an interview with the so-called agent in 2018 and gave copy of passport and few certificates for assessment but never filled and signed any document. However the agent applied with a fraudulent doc (American PR) and he never told us and did not even gave us information about the TRV application submission and the ban imposed on that application.

[my hunch says agent applied for TRV showing fake American pr card and stamp ban upon her as she asked for return of initial payment of 5000 INR multiple times and even got mad with their staff through phone. someone with real American pr card can directly travel to Canada why to apply for trv ]

we recently found out that there was a ban with the help of a local MP contacting IRCC. Luckily the time for this ban is now completed, should I apply for spousal sponsorship myself by explaining everything on LOE as we were victims of the scam or should I get help from an immigration lawyer or may be IRCC certified agent ? Has anyone got visa or sponsorship approved after ending such ban? what are chances for approval by just writing LOE with what had happened earlier ?

Reactions: Maxwell aduboahem

Jack7879

Jun 12, 2024
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
05-07-2024
hello guys, I am similar situation. I got my PR on April 2023, went back home and got married in June 2023, and applied for spousal sponsorship in Aug 2023 but the application was canceled showing my spouse had a 5-year ban for misrepresentation from 2019 Apr to 2024 Apr which we both did not know as my spouse said she only gave an interview with the so-called agent in 2018 and gave copy of passport and few certificates for assessment but never filled and signed any document. However the agent applied with a fraudulent doc (American PR) and he never told us and did not even gave us information about the TRV application submission and the ban imposed on that application.

[my hunch says agent applied for TRV showing fake American pr card and stamp ban upon her as she asked for return of initial payment of 5000 INR multiple times and even got mad with their staff through phone. someone with real American pr card can directly travel to Canada why to apply for trv ]

we recently found out that there was a ban with the help of a local MP contacting IRCC. Luckily the time for this ban is now completed, should I apply for spousal sponsorship myself by explaining everything on LOE as we were victims of the scam or should I get help from an immigration lawyer or may be IRCC certified agent ? Has anyone got visa or sponsorship approved after ending such ban? what are chances for approval by just writing LOE with what had happened earlier ?
Hey, did you apply or not? and how did you proceed, with lawyer, agent or on your own? And any suggestion you got on your matter, if you share here, would be helpful.

Thanks