+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship through Bogota 2015-2016

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ628 said:
What?!?! So soon? Omg!! Are they making you travel all the way to Bogota?
I was actually searching for interview forums in bogota to send you a link, read this one:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/17-months-latermy-colombian-sweetheart-celebrates-visa-t30070.0.html;msg179182#msg179182
Hope something in it helps you out!
Not to Bogota THANK GOD. They requested me to be in Quito by 1pm on monday. But its still such short notice. I couldn't believe it. I have to gather up all the pictures since september when we submitted our application and all the proof I can get for them.

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Liiaa I wish you the best of luck and lots of positive vibes! I'm sure they just want to clarify any doubts they have, I really hope they give you your PPR right away like they have with some other cases. Please let us know how it goes!

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Liiaa... Wishing you the best on your interview! and as JJ628 said I also hope you get your PPR right there and then! Hugs! :D

ace_123

Apr 7, 2016
JJ628 said:
Hello ladies & ace,
I sent an email to omnitempus for the information about the background check, in the email says that I have to wait until they ask for it and that they send it directly to Bogota VO, I was wondering if I have to ask for a copy to get it translated or if it's not necessary. I'm crossing my fingers for you guys too!
Hi JJ628,

It's interesting to hear that Omnitempus is asking you to wait for the request. My experience was to just send them an email requesting the police checks. They will email some documents to fill out and send the completed forms back to them. All we needed was the UCI# provided in the AOR2 document. We obviously didn't mention anything to them about waiting for a request or not, just that we needed it done.

ace_123

Apr 7, 2016
Good luck with the interview Liiaa!!
I wish you all the best and hopefully you'll get the passport request soon after.

I'm happy to report that my wife just got her passport with her visa and CoPR!
They also returned all the documents and pictures we sent in with the application :)
If all goes to plan my wife should be landing in Canada next month.

They returned the passport and all the documents within 5 business days of receiving it in Bogota. We did not have to send any pre-paid return envelope either.

I hope everyone gets the good news they're looking for soon. The main thing is to stay patient and positive throughout the process.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ628 said:
Liiaa I wish you the best of luck and lots of positive vibes! I'm sure they just want to clarify any doubts they have, I really hope they give you your PPR right away like they have with some other cases. Please let us know how it goes!
Thank you JJ628 I really hope so too :D

MarCar2015 said:
Liiaa... Wishing you the best on your interview! and as JJ628 said I also hope you get your PPR right there and then! Hugs! :D
Thanks Marcar. I will keep you guys posted!!!

ace_123 said:
Good luck with the interview Liiaa!!
I wish you all the best and hopefully you'll get the passport request soon after.

I'm happy to report that my wife just got her passport with her visa and CoPR!
They also returned all the documents and pictures we sent in with the application :)
If all goes to plan my wife should be landing in Canada next month.

They returned the passport and all the documents within 5 business days of receiving it in Bogota. We did not have to send any pre-paid return envelope either.

I hope everyone gets the good news they're looking for soon. The main thing is to stay patient and positive throughout the process.
Thank you Ace_123 :) I hope I can get it on the spot or even shortly after that.

humblee

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
bogota
Category........
Visa Office......
bogota colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
17-03-2016
Liiaa said:
Not to Bogota THANK GOD. They requested me to be in Quito by 1pm on monday. But its still such short notice. I couldn't believe it. I have to gather up all the pictures since september when we submitted our application and all the proof I can get for them.
Good luck with the interview

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Hey Liiaa,
I Heard that there was an earthquake in Ecuador, I hope you and your family are ok.

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
JJ628 said:
Hey Liiaa,
I Heard that there was an earthquake in Ecuador, I hope you and your family are ok.
Hi Liiaa I hope you and your family are ok... My husband lives in Cali and he told me the tremor felt really strong in Cali... Hugs! :D

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
humblee said:
Good luck with the interview
Thank you Humblebee. They postponed it due to the quake.
JJ628 said:
Hey Liiaa,
Hi JJ628 We are okay. Thank goodness. We were so afraid on saturday in my house but luckily our city didn't get any damage.

MarCar2015 said:
Hi Liiaa I hope you and your family are ok... My husband lives in Cali and he told me the tremor felt really strong in Cali... Hugs! :D
It was so strong. I feel so sad for all the people that died :'( Due to the quake the officer didn't make it today so they rescheduled everyone for tomorrow.

WISH ME LUCK :-*

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Liiaa said:
Thank you Humblebee. They postponed it due to the quake. Hi JJ628 We are okay. Thank goodness. We were so afraid on saturday in my house but luckily our city didn't get any damage.
It was so strong. I feel so sad for all the people that died :'( Due to the quake the officer didn't make it today so they rescheduled everyone for tomorrow.

Glad you are ok! I wish you the best of luck and lots of positive vibes! Keep us posted!

humblee

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
bogota
Category........
Visa Office......
bogota colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
17-03-2016
Liiaa said:
Thank you Humblebee. They postponed it due to the quake. Hi JJ628 We are okay. Thank goodness. We were so afraid on saturday in my house but luckily our city didn't get any damage.

omg thanks God you are ok good luck

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
humblee said:
omg thanks God you are ok good luck
Hey humblee,
has anyone helped you with your doubts about RCMP?

humblee

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
bogota
Category........
Visa Office......
bogota colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
17-03-2016
JJ628 said:
Hey humblee,
has anyone helped you with yes r doubts about RCMP?
yes i got same help thanks for asking. my wife will contact RCMP to get my fingerprints done.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ628 said:
Glad you are ok! I wish you the best of luck and lots of positive vibes! Keep us posted!
Hello everyone :) my interview went really good.
The officer was a nice lady The whole process didn't really feel like an interview at all Which I'm thankful for. She had questions regarding my parents history so nothing relevant to my case. She knows my marriage is genuine but I guess she wanted to clarify some things from my parents past. Weird no? Anyways she said everything looked good and VO should be requesting passport soon