+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship through Bogota 2015-2016

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ628 said:
Liiaa and MarCar,
I don't know if this is information is also for your cases, one person from the February forum (the one I'm in) called CIC for something related about their case and one of the responses he got was that CIC are currently working on Sepfember and October applications. Hopefully this information is good for you guys. Have a great night!
I hope that's true someone told me in another forum could take at the most 8 months. Let's see what happens before the end of this month :)

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Liiaa said:
I hope that's true someone told me in another forum could take at the most 8 months. Let's see what happens before the end of this month :)
I hope it's true too, and I really hope it happens for us this month! :D

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Hello ladies & ace,
I sent an email to omnitempus for the information about the background check, in the email says that I have to wait until they ask for it and that they send it directly to Bogota VO, I was wondering if I have to ask for a copy to get it translated or if it's not necessary. I'm crossing my fingers for you guys too!

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ628 said:
Hello ladies & ace,
I sent an email to omnitempus for the information about the background check, in the email says that I have to wait until they ask for it and that they send it directly to Bogota VO, I was wondering if I have to ask for a copy to get it translated or if it's not necessary. I'm crossing my fingers for you guys too!
Thank you JJ628. The days get longer now that 7 months have passed, but I have hope.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So after I emailed bogota inquiring about my case, they emailed my husband back today and told him I'm on queue for an interview They will let me know time and date in advance.
I'm so bummed out But we do have red flags such as age difference. I wish this nightmare was over soon... Looks like I'm in for a long ride!

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Liiaa said:
So after I emailed bogota inquiring about my case, they emailed my husband back today and told him I'm on queue for an interview They will let me know time and date in advance.
I'm so bummed out But we do have red flags such as age difference. I wish this nightmare was over soon... Looks like I'm in for a long ride!
Awww Liiaa my prayers are with you and your family! Stay positive! Do you know if you have to arrange a trip to Bogota VO for the interview?

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
JJ628 said:
Hello ladies & ace,
Hi JJ628 Thank you! I am crossing my fingers for a speedy application for everyone! :)

And about omnitempus, I don't know what to tell you. When he did his background check he had to attached his AOR2 :)

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Liiaa said:
Liiaa... Everything is going to be ok! Hopfully the interview is not that far away!
Hugs!

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ628 said:
Awww Liiaa my prayers are with you and your family! Stay positive! Do you know if you have to arrange a trip to Bogota VO for the interview?
Thank you JJ628. I sort of had a feeling they would require one, since my husband is a lot older than me, even though we have 2 children together. I am not sure yet, they said they would email us with further instructions afterwards. I really hope I don't since I live in Ecuador :eek: Might be here either in Guayaquil or Quito most likely.
MarCar2015 said:
Liiaa... Everything is going to be ok! Hopfully the interview is not that far away!
Hugs!
I Hope so :'( I have seen cases where after an interview it may go quiet for even a year. Today is just one of the most stressful days, I always think the worst. But I wish you guys the best :) You all might be done with this sooner than me for sure.

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Liiaa said:
Thank you JJ628. I sort of had a feeling they would require one, since my husband is a lot older than me, even though we have 2 children together. I am not sure yet, they said they would email us with further instructions afterwards. I really hope I don't since I live in Ecuador :eek: Might be here either in Guayaquil or Quito most likely.
I Hope so :'( I have seen cases where after an interview it may go quiet for even a year. Today is just one of the most stressful days, I always think the worst. But I wish you guys the best :) You all might be done with this sooner than me for sure.
Don't overthink, I know it's hard but just try to maintain calmness and a positive attitude. I've read some cases are call for interviews and they automatically give the applicant it's PPR.
I suggest you order your GCM notes just to make sure what are they "doubting" or what do they need to clarify with the interview.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ628 said:
Don't overthink, I know it's hard but just try to maintain calmness and a positive attitude. I've read some cases are call for interviews and they automatically give the applicant it's PPR.
I suggest you order your GCM notes just to make sure what are they "doubting" or what do they need to clarify with the interview.
Guys I am freaking out :eek: My interview is on MONDAY....YES in just 4 days!!! This is so unusual but I want to go ahead with it instead of delaying it much longer.... I wish I would've had time to order the notes to see what their doubts are but I can't now. Will just have to remain positive and hope for the best.

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Liiaa said:
Guys I am freaking out :eek: My interview is on MONDAY....YES in just 4 days!!! This is so unusual but I want to go ahead with it instead of delaying it much longer.... I wish I would've had time to order the notes to see what their doubts are but I can't now. Will just have to remain positive and hope for the best.
What?!?! So soon? Omg!! Are they making you travel all the way to Bogota?
I was actually searching for interview forums in bogota to send you a link, read this one:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/17-months-latermy-colombian-sweetheart-celebrates-visa-t30070.0.html;msg179182#msg179182
Hope something in it helps you out!

humblee

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
bogota
Category........
Visa Office......
bogota colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
17-03-2016
JJ628 said:
Hi Lia,
My husband applied to sponsor me on February 17, 2016. We already received AOR on March 18th and SA on March 22nd. We are currently waiting for AOR2.
[/quote

My wife applied to sports me on Feb 1st 2016 on March 22 we received AOR and on March 23 SA one day after hahaha. We received our AOR2 on March 23 online says my application is in process but my medical exam's will exp on April 28 so I don't know if I should do them again or wait until they ask but my case is different from your a thing because I used to live in canada and I was deported so I don't know if I need an Arc if 6ou have any needs please let me know

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
humblee said:
JJ628 said:
Hi Lia,
My husband applied to sponsor me on February 17, 2016. We already received AOR on March 18th and SA on March 22nd. We are currently waiting for AOR2.
[/quote

My wife applied to sports me on Feb 1st 2016 on March 22 we received AOR and on March 23 SA one day after hahaha. We received our AOR2 on March 23 online says my application is in process but my medical exam's will exp on April 28 so I don't know if I should do them again or wait until they ask but my case is different from your a thing because I used to live in canada and I was deported so I don't know if I need an Arc if 6ou have any needs please let me know
Yeah we're definitely have the same timeline, so crazy! Like I said before, my medicals already expired and my husband wants to wait until they ask for them again, we decided to discuss this whenever he comes to visit me next month. Just to give them time to send me a document request email. Have you searched other forums to see what you can find? Sometimes you can find valuable information in other forums.