Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
malu08 said:
A) What should I do?

Since I worked only 9 months in 2011 (15th March to December) I am few thousands short of minimum income requirement but I would have passed this had I worked full year.

B) What should I do ? What are my chances?
CIC doesn't care how many months you worked, they only care about the final number. So whether it was working 1 month or 10 months, if you were short of 2011 LICO+30% by a couple of thousand, then your 2011 NOA would not qualify.

If you qualify with 2012, 2013 and 2014 NOAs, then you can prepare to submit your application in January 2016.

gabrielle

Jan 8, 2014
@user828 and @mspjal,

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully you are correct. We'll just keep our fingers crossed for now.

imoulvi

Jan 7, 2014
screech339 said:
Faking your parents signature is just as bad but could probably get away with it. Maybe when the parents land, they may notice the differences in their signatures between the application signed versus COPR signatures.

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of those sponsoring their parents while parents are in their home countries, actually fake their parents signatures on the forms knowing full well of the 5000 deadline cap and competition with parents' signature already in Canada on supervisa on application. Parents already here on supervisa have the advantage in that they are here to sign the documents themselves.

Screech339
If its that big a deal then why not include a little line in the guide. They have instructions for every little thing, don't they? I have applied for spouse sponsorship, student visa, work permits, visit visas, etc numerous times and none of the guides mention about having an original signature. I got my parents twice to Canada using the same scanned signature copies and never asked on it. Do you know for sure or have you come across a case where CIC did actually reject an application just because of that?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
imoulvi said:
If its that big a deal then why not include a little line in the guide. They have instructions for every little thing, don't they? I have applied for spouse sponsorship, student visa, work permits, visit visas, etc numerous times and none of the guides mention about having an original signature. I got my parents twice to Canada using the same scanned signature copies and never asked on it. Do you know for sure or have you come across a case where CIC did actually reject an application just because of that?
Just cause they didn't spell it out, doesn't mean they will accept scanned signatures.

Try going to the bank and try to cash in a scanned signature on back of cheque.

Try going to Ontario Service and say I want to get a new car registration and plates with a scanned signature at bottom.

I am honestly surprised that CIC has been allowing you to used scanned copies of signature for immigration purposes.

I could have easily saved someone else's signature and photocopy it to a scanned application and say it's real?

Allowing a scanned signature only allow fraud to happen. Original signature prevents this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
imoulvi said:
At least one person on this forum called CIC and was told that only original signatures would be accepted. However it's anyone's guess what will happen in reality. We'll just have to wait and see what the results are for those who submitted scanned signatures.

imoulvi

Jan 7, 2014
screech339 said:
Just cause they didn't spell it out, doesn't mean they will accept scanned signatures.

Try going to the bank and try to cash in a scanned signature on back of cheque.

Try going to Ontario Service and say I want to get a new car registration and plates with a scanned signature at bottom.

I am honestly surprised that CIC has been allowing you to used scanned copies of signature for immigration purposes.

I could have easily saved someone else's signature and photocopy it to a scanned application and say it's real?

Allowing a scanned signature only allow fraud to happen. Original signature prevents this.
Well that way then why ask for photocopies of documents such as birth and marriage certificates. They could be easily forged too! Why not ask for all original documents? I could have easily copied my own parent's signature too and so an original signature doesn't necessarily prevents this! Anyways, I'll just have to wait and find out what happens next but with a little grief in my heart for such an absolute non-sensical thing.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
imoulvi said:
Well that way then why ask for photocopies of documents such as birth and marriage certificates. They could be easily forged too! Why not ask for all original documents? I could have easily copied my own parent's signature too and so an original signature doesn't necessarily prevents this! Anyways, I'll just have to wait and find out what happens next but with a little grief in my heart for such an absolute non-sensical thing.
Question now is does the checklist say to submit photocopies because they will not be returned like the inland sponsorship?

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Also CIC realize that some countries will only send one original document, one birth certificate. No more once sent for life. CIC must accept that possibility so photocopies relief this problem.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC at least 5 times (3 times on Dec 31, 2013 after receiving the new forms) in the last three weeks for different queries regarding PGP sponsorship. Every time I asked them about the original or scanned signatures on the forms. CIC representatives clearly mentioned to send original signed forms. They won't accept photocopy. As a result, I had to wait 8 days to submit the application due to the original signatures on the forms.

I also discussed with CIC rep that some people might copy and sign for their parents. CIC rep replied that the officers are expert and they will be careful to review applications.

scylla said:
At least one person on this forum called CIC and was told that only original signatures would be accepted. However it's anyone's guess what will happen in reality. We'll just have to wait and see what the results are for those who submitted scanned signatures.

imoulvi

Jan 7, 2014
scorpion_ca said:
I called CIC at least 5 times (3 times on Dec 31, 2013 after receiving the new forms) in the last three weeks for different queries regarding PGP sponsorship. Every time I asked them about the original or scanned signatures on the forms. CIC representatives clearly mentioned to send original signed forms. They won't accept photocopy. As a result, I had to wait 8 days to submit the application due to the original signatures on the forms.

I also discussed with CIC rep that some people might copy and sign for their parents. CIC rep replied that the officers are expert and they will be careful to review applications.
Shyt man! I am thinking getting those damned signed forms and sending them separately. However there's no reference number to send with! F***

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
scorpion_ca said:

What can be done:
Ask your parents to send you their signature by email (signature to be in their native language).. print the signature on a blank paper
During the daylight, put this paper on your window glass, then add the form required to be signed above the paper..
You will be able then to imitate the signature exactly as the original one.
Even your brother or sister will not believe that the signature is fake.

However it's always better to ask your parents to sign the forms and ship them to you using express post (DHL, Fedex, ...).

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 07,2014 ,REACHED cic-m on Jan 10,2014,at 11.30 AM
Doc's Request.
In Process since 22/04/2016
Nomination.....
credit card charged on Jan 25,2014
AOR Received.
Recvd on JUN 09,2014 CPC-MISSISSAUGA.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Approved by CPC-MISSISSAUGA nd file trfd. to CPC-Ottawa on April 14,2016
Med's Request
received vide email dated June 30,2016.
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Docs recvd. on Aug 07,2016
LANDED..........
With God blessings, landed with my spouse at Calgary on April 26,2017.
scorpion_ca said:

@scorpion,

I agree with ur point of view nd so do with others' also, who have religiously followed CIC'S instructions in regard to filling of their PGP 2014 SPONSORSHIP applications. Faking of parents/grandparents' signatures is nothing short of a fraud. It is possible, quite a few of them may even get away with their applications listed for actual process. But then, it will hamper chances of those who have to get ink-signed original applications from their sponsored parents residing far away in their respective home countries.Obviously,my forum members who fall under this category shall be resting their hopes on the natural justice.

Please note that I too could mail my application yesterday, only after rcpt. of ink-signed forms from my parents.I keep my fingers crossed.

Still,I wish nd pray for all such friends in the forum !!!

Good luck.God bless all !!!

mspjal

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
As I go through the checklist for parents sponsorship, the checklist does say that original forms must be submitted and every form that require parents to sign does say "completed and signed by applicants" Both parents must sign their names. So nothing of the sort that says they accept scanned signatures.

Plus the list also never mentioned anything about a photocopy of NOA as well. Need to submit original NOA and or Option C printout. This is for those that claim to say they can submit photocopy of their NOA. You have to submit the original NOA.

Screech339

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
scorpion_ca said:
How would a visa officer possibly know a signature is a fake, unless they had an original to compare it to?
Would love to see some cases of apps (not necessarily just for PGP) that were actually refused due to fake signatures. I imagine as illegal as it is, realistically most if not all people will get away with it.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC asked to submit principal applicant and their dependent's passport or travel document. I believe there is a signature on that docs. They might verify signatures from that docs.

I really don't know how they are going to verify the signatures.

Rob_TO said:
How would a visa officer possibly know a signature is a fake, unless they had an original to compare it to?
Would love to see some cases of apps (not necessarily just for PGP) that were actually refused due to fake signatures. I imagine as illegal as it is, realistically most if not all people will get away with it.