+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Spouse from pakistan

sphinx_gold

Feb 5, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I need your expert advises,

Im in Canada on PR and I just wanted to know about the new immigration policy and step by step procedure for sponsoring a wife from Pakistan,

As of now im Single, but soon i'm gonna get married with my future wife in pakistan. Assuming that after preparing her marriage certificate, Passport and CNIC i can sponsor her.

First of all i would like to know
1- Nikkah on phone is acceptable for Immigration Department? or do i really have to go for both the nikkah and rukhsati done the proper way?

If i do Nikkah over phone my family can take care of that in terms of capturing nikkah moments only if i do it over phone(receipts, movies, pics) without rukhsati, What do you guys suggest?

2- How to apply and What are the steps, One more thing i've also heard of two steps .... Sponsoring a spouse to immigrate to Canada is divided into two parts. Can you please guide me in this regard... how to do everything.. please guide me.

3- What would be the expected time line for this whole process ? 22 months?

4- As im on PR, if i go to Pakistan for marriage ceremony how long could i stay there, could i stay there for 2 weeks or 3 weeks? can you exactly tell me the time frame?

Thank you guys, really looking forward for your advices..

MRS SAM

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2012
Visa Office......
London via Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 aug 12
Doc's Request.
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
22 oct 12
File Transfer...
25 oct 12
Med's Request
re medical 4 Dec 14
Med's Done....
12 Dec 14
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
05-07-2015
1. yes proxy marriage is accepted so u can do nikkah pn ph but one should perfer proper marriage.

2. yes there r two steps u have to send all ur documents to missisuage office then they approve u as sponser stage one complete and then send file to visa office for stage two

3. timeline for pakistan is now 28 months but 70% case r done within 18 months

4. before applying for ur wife u can stay pakistan as long as ur allowed to stay outside canada on PRnd its 2 years out of five thats wht i know check this..

most important think when u do nikkah use english nikkah nama which is easily avilabe in pakistan so u wont have to translate nikkah nama from urdu to english ,,and take lots of pic with ur wife and family members...gather lots of relationship proofs

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
MRS SAM said:
4. before applying for ur wife u can stay pakistan as long as ur allowed to stay outside canada on PRnd its 2 years out of five thats wht i know check this..
Incorrect.

As a PR, you must be living in Canada when you submit the sponsorship application for your wife. You must also continue living in Canada while the application is being processed until your wife's PR visa is approved.

Occasional short trips (2-3 weeks) outside of Canada are fine. If you leave for longer, then you risk having the application refused since you're no longer living in Canada.

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
she said before applying, but after applying yes he should be in Canada.

CanadaLeb

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Toronro
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa/beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/Nov/2012
Doc's Request.
No...
AOR Received.
15/Jan/2013
File Transfer...
15/Jan/2013
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
15/oct/2012
Interview........
Waived....
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2013
LANDED..........
09-05-2013
So u guys saying if someones is a Pr and waiting for sponsorship cannot travel for 4 weeks or his not a resident of canada anymore? that dosent make sense , what kinda of a genuine marriage can someone have by being a part for the whole process?

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
CanadaLeb said:
So u guys saying if someones is a Pr and waiting for sponsorship cannot travel for 4 weeks or his not a resident of canada anymore? that dosent make sense , what kinda of a genuine marriage can someone have by being a part for the whole process?
He will be resident of Canada, living 4 weeks outside Canada don't cancel your PR status (2years out of 5 years), but if he is not living in Canada he is not eligible to sponsor someone. That is the immigration rule, just go and ask them how someone can have genuine marriage and not living with his wife. But they may reply how someone can sponsor anyone if he himself is not living in Canada ;) which is quite logic :p

Reflectoman

Jan 4, 2013
Laval
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
(Stage 1 + Stage 2)=23 months
sphinx_gold said:
1- Nikkah on phone is acceptable for Immigration Department? or do i really have to go for both the nikkah and rukhsati done the proper way?

If i do Nikkah over phone my family can take care of that in terms of capturing nikkah moments only if i do it over phone(receipts, movies, pics) without rukhsati, What do you guys suggest?
I'm not quite sure i understood this properly or not, but if you do nikah by phone only, and then you apply before doing a rukhsati, then there is a high chance that you will be put in the interview queue and the VO will become suspicious of a MOC. However, if you are saying that the nikah was done over the phone, but then you go and do the rukhsati and then after that you apply, then you should be good. Make sure to take plenty of pics at the rukhsati and any gatherings/outings you do afterwards (dinners, picnics, movie theatres, etc.) to add to your application.

as of the update done last week, CIC says that 80% of the cases in Islamabad were processed within 28 months, but if you look at the islamabad thread, you will find that many people are reporting wait times much shorter than that ... for my wife's case we had to wait 23 months from application being sent to Missisauga, to her getting her visa in her hands.

Samsid0520

Jun 12, 2017
Good Afternoon all,

Please I need urgent help/guidance in my situation.

I submitted my wife’s spousal sponsorship on April 5th. We are a nikkah case only, with plans of doing rukhsati when papers are completed and done.

The submission came back to my home address on May 4th stating that I am missing my spouse’s birth certificate. In our haste we submitted the original “B” form issued from Nadra and its translation. Hence, the application was returned. I have since then arranged for my wife’s original birth certificate with its English translation and attestation via FedEx on June 1st. The documents were at Canada customs pending review and now while asking for update from the customs officer they notified me that they have been “seized” and passed to Canada immigration. They hinted that they (Canada Immigration) would have electronic copy of all my documentations so just keep an eye on a letter in the mail………I am fearing the worst here as most of you can imagine……

My dilemma is; what does “seized” mean? They returned my original documentation and files via mail to me already so what would they be assessing now? I don’t have a unique identifier as my application was never processed so I can’t even call the help line for assistance.

Can anyone please direct me with some guidance as what I should do? Did I mess up?

I didn’t use a lawyer for the submission .

Thank you for reading.

Sam.