+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Hi guys,
Really need your input. My parents file is finally transferred to London office after a loooong wait. Got a letter from them requesting 2 photographs for each. Is that a normal request? That's all they've requested. Can you guys please let me know if anyone else got this request, and why no medical or any other request. Any other information you can share about London office processing; Will really appreciate!!!

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
vnexpress said:
I got PPR from Singapore today.

App received Jan 5 2015
Date of transfer June 22
Doc request July 22
PPR August 29

Processing time at Singapore: 2 months

Good luck everyone!
Congrats vne express..I am very happy to hear that. Your doc request came in August right?

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Hello friend,

I had a similar situation where I filed PR for my mother on humanitarian ground in 2013 when there was pause on regular PGP program. My application was not accepted and was returned as they think this is not a humanitarian condition. In you case you have similar situation.

Since you are not eligible to apply for your mother in family class, you are eligible to file application on humanitarian grounds. I would say if your mother is above 65 and you can afford to pay for good lawyer, there may be slight chance but remember H&C Application are taking near to 3 yrs. You may just be better off waiting 1.5 yrs considering PGP application are processing fast now days.

Regards,
Salil
741953 said:
I'm the only child in my family.
My grandparents died before I was born.
My dad passed away when I was 13. He had no siblings.
My mom is an orphan, so no relatives what so ever.
She's widowed. We're in very bad shape ever since my dad passed away and we have no property back in home country.

I spent 10+ years to make myself eligible (immigrant status wise and financially) for sponsoring my mom.
I would suggest you just be a little bit patient and wait a year or two until you're eligible to sponsor your mom.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
ss85 said:
Congrats vne express..I am very happy to hear that. Your doc request came in August right?
My docs arrived Singapore August 26 DM and PPR Aug 29.

All the best to you, too. Rest assured as soon as all requested docs arrive they will render final decision in due course. SVO doesn't seem to care the date of application, so long as an application is deemed complete they will issue visas to you with no further hassle. I think those who are going through PR with Singapore will be among the first to land in the 2015 batch.

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
vnexpress said:
My docs arrived Singapore August 26 DM and PPR Aug 29.

All the best to you, too. Rest assured as soon as all requested docs arrive they will render final decision in due course. SVO doesn't seem to care the date of application, so long as an application is deemed complete they will issue visas to you with no further hassle. I think those who are going through PR with Singapore will be among the first to land in the 2015 batch.
Congratz thats a very good news !

alijpro

Star Member
Oct 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga -> Ottawa -> Islamabad -> London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012 - ECAS: Application Received
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 - Forms Updated, RePCC
AOR Received.
June 2012 - Sponsor Eligibility : Passed
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Aug 2014 - ECAS: In Process
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 2014 - PPR1 & PP2, ECAS: Decision Made
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
May 2015 - ECAS: Complete
741953 said:
I'm the only child in my family.
My grandparents died before I was born.
My dad passed away when I was 13. He had no siblings.
My mom is an orphan, so no relatives what so ever.
She's widowed. We're in very bad shape ever since my dad passed away and we have no property back in home country.

I spent 10+ years to make myself eligible (immigrant status wise and financially) for sponsoring my mom.
I would suggest you just be a little bit patient and wait a year or two until you're eligible to sponsor your mom.
I understand but the problem is she has no where to go back to in home country. Both her kids are settled here. Where will she live alone and wait all these years while I am waiting to become eligible to apply. and even after I apply it takes years. She is 60+ and can not live alone all these years while her children and grandchildren are here. I am looking at all other options and if no other category can keep her here then H&C is my last option.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
alijpro said:
I understand but the problem is she has no where to go back to in home country. Both her kids are settled here. Where will she live alone and wait all these years while I am waiting to become eligible to apply. and even after I apply it takes years. She is 60+ and can not live alone all these years while her children and grandchildren are here. I am looking at all other options and if no other category can keep her here then H&C is my last option.
Have you looked into Super Visa? Thats one way to keep her here long time while waiting for you to sort out her PR.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alijpro said:
Why don'y you apply for a super visa for her?

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
mcgill_engr said:
Got the PPR (Passport submission request) on August 26, 2016 to New Delhi. Good luck to all.
congratulations mcgill_engr, very happy for you.

one question, when did your parents did remedical and did you submit any additional documents/ forms to New Delhi, if so when did you submit those ?

we are also in pipeline so your case info will help me understand the timeline for my parents.

Appreciate your feedback.

thanks

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
concernedson said:
Hi everyone,
My mother is living with me here in Canada. I got the SA in july and my mothers case was forwarded to London since her application indicates a Pakistani home address. Should I get the address updated? Would it make any difference in the application process/ processing time?
What date file was transferred? Have they requested Medical/PCC yet?

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
vnexpress said:
I got PPR from Singapore today.

App received Jan 5 2015
Date of transfer June 22
Doc request July 22
PPR August 29

Processing time at Singapore: 2 months

Good luck everyone!
Wow! Congratulations! I am still waiting for my mom's kidney's ultrasound appointment.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
broham said:
Wow! Congratulations! I am still waiting for my mom's kidney's ultrasound appointment.
May I know if her Creatinine test result was out of normal range?

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reachmenow said:
congratulations mcgill_engr, very happy for you.

one question, when did your parents did remedical and did you submit any additional documents/ forms to New Delhi, if so when did you submit those ?

we are also in pipeline so your case info will help me understand the timeline for my parents.

Appreciate your feedback.

thanks
This is ottawa case. No one get ppr from delhi. People waiting since march 2016 on 2014 batch.