Med's Done....
Received
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Korea2Canada said:
Hi,

Are we required to send a rcmp cbc? I thought cic would do that anyways? So, you have waited almost 1 year now? I think the average wait is 14 months?
RCMP CRC wasn't listed as part of the required documents for sponsor when I originally started the process but after we submitted everything, the Seoul embassy sent us a list of documents by email that they wanted us to provide and included in it was my fingerprints and CRC (no I don't have a record thankfully). So, I had to go to the embassy in Seoul to get the form, go to the police station in Seoul to get my fingerprints done and then send it off to Ottawa where it took about 4 months to get it done. I had to actually get in touch with my MP's office and get them to light a fire under the RCMP to get the prints back when I did. But the RCMP actually sent the CRC to the Seoul embassy who then called me and said I had to come pick it up and send it to Manila because the immigration and visa service in Seoul was closed.

So, we started in September 2012, we're coming up on a year but with the 4 month delay with the RCMP and the transfer from Seoul to Manila ... who knows ...

We didn't even get a SA confirmation email (as I've said on this thread previously).

Who knows when they're finally going to say or do anything ...

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
cjkoall said:
RCMP CRC wasn't listed as part of the required documents for sponsor when I originally started the process but after we submitted everything, the Seoul embassy sent us a list of documents by email that they wanted us to provide and included in it was my fingerprints and CRC (no I don't have a record thankfully). So, I had to go to the embassy in Seoul to get the form, go to the police station in Seoul to get my fingerprints done and then send it off to Ottawa where it took about 4 months to get it done. I had to actually get in touch with my MP's office and get them to light a fire under the RCMP to get the prints back when I did. But the RCMP actually sent the CRC to the Seoul embassy who then called me and said I had to come pick it up and send it to Manila because the immigration and visa service in Seoul was closed.

So, we started in September 2012, we're coming up on a year but with the 4 month delay with the RCMP and the transfer from Seoul to Manila ... who knows ...

We didn't even get a SA confirmation email (as I've said on this thread previously).

I think you application definetly got 'lost in the mail' unforunately. The timing and the delay with the CRC and the VISA office switch I think screwed you. HOpefully that doens't mean you will have to 'restart' the whole process on your end.

cjkoall

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Seoul, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul/Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/04/2012
Doc's Request.
11/09/2012
AOR Received.
30/07/2012
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
Received
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
CanNZ said:
I think you application definetly got 'lost in the mail' unforunately. The timing and the delay with the CRC and the VISA office switch I think screwed you. HOpefully that doens't mean you will have to 'restart' the whole process on your end.
I don't think that's it. I've emailed back and forth with Manila and so has my MP's office. The answer we get is just that the application is in a queue waiting for the background and criminality checks to be reviewed but that's what they've been saying for almost 2 months. I was stupid and didn't make note of when we sent the CRC to Manila so have no idea when they received it exactly but it's definitely been months ... since February at least when it was received at the Seoul embassy, I picked it up and mailed it to Manila.

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
But now everything is at a standstill. Out of curiousity, how long is your CRC good for?

cjkoall

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Seoul, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul/Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/04/2012
Doc's Request.
11/09/2012
AOR Received.
30/07/2012
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
Received
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
CanNZ said:
But now everything is at a standstill. Out of curiousity, how long is your CRC good for?
That's the other part that worries me. Usually they're only good for 3 or 6 months. Mine didn't have an expiry date on it, at least not that I saw that I checked over it pretty thoroughly.

cjkoall

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Seoul, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul/Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/04/2012
Doc's Request.
11/09/2012
AOR Received.
30/07/2012
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
Received
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Some people have been encouraging me to call CIC but I only know of the number for applications that are being made from inside Canada.

Is there another number that people have called to file a formal complaint or to find out what the eff is going on?

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
I once sent a letter to manila about an application question. I couldnt get through by phone. It took 2 weeks to get an email reply to the letter. It was helpful.

If I were you, I would send a letter in to be sure about the status of your application. That's what I would do. At least you will know what's going on.

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
I bet your application got delayed during the seoul to manila shuffle. Its just IMO but you never know. I don't know why they wanted a CBC CRC from you. That is unusual from what I know about PR.

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
CanNZ said:
Is this for a job in Calgary? Man you are lucky to get an interview while in Korea, I have applied for quite a few jobs but nothing so far. :mad:
It isnt calgary but not far from there. I agree its lucky to get a skype interview from here for any job in canada. Never know til we try I guess.

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
cjkoall said:
Skype interviews are generally more informal than real interviews in person.

One thing you'll definitely want to do is make sure that where you're doing the interview is quiet. If you can, go into a room that is totally separate with a window for natural light, lock the door.

You can wear something that is business casual. Also, make sure that you have the camera angled at a wall (with your back to the wall). Make sure the wall is totally clear - no posters, pictures, anything.

Take some time to make sure the angle of your camera (if you're using one) is right. You don't want to start the interview and have the camera angled up your nose. Make sure the camera is angled and far enough away from you that the interviewer(s) can see the top of your head to just below your shoulders.

Try not to use a headset if you don't have (especially if using a camera), if not using a camera then it doesn't matter.

Definitely do a check of your system before the call - check your camera, check your mic, everything.

Another thing I've heard people say is that it creates an awkward start when someone says "Can you hear me OK?", it's a small insignificant thing but for the sake of professionalism I've heard some people will advise to say something like "Do we have a strong connection on your end?" or something like that.

Good luck with the interview! Let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the tips! I have triple checked my audio/video settings, positioned the cam angle, cleared out background, even got a suit ready haha. It will be at 0200 Korea time. My wife and son will be asleep and i've set everything up in a small office room with lockable door, etc.

I've never done a Skype interview so its awkward not being face to face. At any measure, i'm thankful just for the chance.

Maybe I should go to the nearest temple and start praying :)

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
Good luck with that, hopefully you didn't screw up the time zones. :p

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
cjkoall said:

I'm guessing here as you haven't said what dates all these things happened on, but the Seoul visa office closed at the end of January, which means that your CRC didn't get there before then. That means that your file was probably forwarded to Manila shortly before that and sat idle, as they didn't have your CRC yet. They probably got the CRC sometime in February at which point the clock would start ticking (correct me if I'm wrong with that timeline).

Since no one really knows at this point how long Korean applications will take to be processed in Manila and estimates being in the 8-14 month range (maybe longer given the rotating strikes), I would say that you are probably still within the usual processing times and don't need to worry too much at this point. If you haven't heard anything by the end of November I'd start getting concerned.

You can try calling CIC at 1-888-242-2100 but they will probably only be able to tell you that your file is in Manila and nothing more. It might be nice to just confirm that your application is in fact there and hasn't been lost in the shuffle.

BTW, I also didn't get an SA confirmation. They sent it by regular mail to Korea and it probably arrived after I had left there. I called CIC and asked them to send it again by email. Sure enough, a week or so later it showed up in my email inbox.

Just a quick note about obtaining a Canadian CRC. I didn't submit one with my wife's PR application but did have to submit one from Korea for something else I was applying for. You can do it yourself and wait the 4 months it will take them to get around to providing it or you can use a service that will get it done in 3 days. There are several of them online. They cost about $150, a little pricey, but worth it IMO if you're in a hurry.

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
CanNZ said:
Good luck with that, hopefully you didn't screw up the time zones. :p
Nah, using online time conversion thing.

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
k2c, so how did it go?

cjkoall

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Seoul, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul/Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/04/2012
Doc's Request.
11/09/2012
AOR Received.
30/07/2012
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
Received
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
bartjones said:
I'm guessing here as you haven't said what dates all these things happened on, but the Seoul visa office closed at the end of January, which means that your CRC didn't get there before then. That means that your file was probably forwarded to Manila shortly before that and sat idle, as they didn't have your CRC yet. They probably got the CRC sometime in February at which point the clock would start ticking (correct me if I'm wrong with that timeline).

Since no one really knows at this point how long Korean applications will take to be processed in Manila and estimates being in the 8-14 month range (maybe longer given the rotating strikes), I would say that you are probably still within the usual processing times and don't need to worry too much at this point. If you haven't heard anything by the end of November I'd start getting concerned.

You can try calling CIC at 1-888-242-2100 but they will probably only be able to tell you that your file is in Manila and nothing more. It might be nice to just confirm that your application is in fact there and hasn't been lost in the shuffle.

BTW, I also didn't get an SA confirmation. They sent it by regular mail to Korea and it probably arrived after I had left there. I called CIC and asked them to send it again by email. Sure enough, a week or so later it showed up in my email inbox.

Just a quick note about obtaining a Canadian CRC. I didn't submit one with my wife's PR application but did have to submit one from Korea for something else I was applying for. You can do it yourself and wait the 4 months it will take them to get around to providing it or you can use a service that will get it done in 3 days. There are several of them online. They cost about $150, a little pricey, but worth it IMO if you're in a hurry.
Thanks for the info Bart. I'm definitely going to try calling, just to try to get something out of someone, somewhere.

I'd just like to know where the damn thing is, that's all. I know that in the last email that was sent from Manila, they did say that our application was in a queue for our background and criminality checks to be reviewed so that could be the reason why we haven't gotten anything about SA. That's the only thing I can think of but isn't it true that if the file is transferred and it's being looked at in Manila that CIC would have already approved sponsorship?