+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Mother in Law to visit Canada

hotsjf

Oct 4, 2013
Hi there

Not sure if anyone here had this experience before, if you do please share with me.

I'm PR in Canada, and I'm sponsoring my wife for PR within Canada, her case is not finished yet, so she is in Implied Status right now (work permit expired)

We just had a baby so really wanna have her mother to come visit us.

I'm not sure if I can be the sponsor for my mother in law, or can I apply in the name of our baby (visiting grandchildren)?

Please help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is nothing stopping your mother in law from applying for a regular visitor visa. She won't qualify for a super visa until your wife has permanent residency status.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Hi,

First of, congratulations on the birth of your baby :)

I went through the same case, I am on pgwp, my husband a citizen and we are about to have a baby, and we have an inland application in progress. We both wrote a letter inviting my parents to visit and my parents visa was approved for 10 years :).

So yes you can write a letter for your mother in law to come and visit, citing your sons birth as the reason for her to visit. include proof. Also you will need your marriage certificate and a family certificate for your wife, showing her relationship to her mom.
Also make sure that you include every thing that they ask for and do not under estimate the quality of any of those documents.
Hope that helps.

hotsjf said:
Hi there

Not sure if anyone here had this experience before, if you do please share with me.

I'm PR in Canada, and I'm sponsoring my wife for PR within Canada, her case is not finished yet, so she is in Implied Status right now (work permit expired)

We just had a baby so really wanna have her mother to come visit us.

I'm not sure if I can be the sponsor for my mother in law, or can I apply in the name of our baby (visiting grandchildren)?

Please help

hotsjf

Oct 4, 2013
ortom said:
Hi,

First of, congratulations on the birth of your baby :)

I went through the same case, I am on pgwp, my husband a citizen and we are about to have a baby, and we have an inland application in progress. We both wrote a letter inviting my parents to visit and my parents visa was approved for 10 years :).

So yes you can write a letter for your mother in law to come and visit, citing your sons birth as the reason for her to visit. include proof. Also you will need your marriage certificate and a family certificate for your wife, showing her relationship to her mom.
Also make sure that you include every thing that they ask for and do not under estimate the quality of any of those documents.
Hope that helps.
This really helps!! Much much appreciated!!

Was your work permit expired too? That is my major concern for our case.

thanks again

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
No mine is still valid, and im working as well!
However make sure to mention on your letter that ur wife is on implied status and that you have an inland application in process ( log into ecas, and print off the page that says app received). I dont think it should be a problem! Depends on how u present ur case! Include as much info as u like on ur letter of invitation, whatever u think will make ur case stronger!

hotsjf said:
This really helps!! Much much appreciated!!

Was your work permit expired too? That is my major concern for our case.

thanks again